Sponsored

Another Ford Quality Example

Rochviper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP Race Red
Would you guys accept this? As much as I hate it, don't really want to have the entire fender repainted.

Resized_20210913_130502.jpeg
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
A competent detail guy could do wonders with that.

OP
OP

Rochviper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP Race Red
A competent detail guy could do wonders with that.
How does this make it out the door. It's in plain sight. Do they even inspect these cars before shipment? Oh, and the oil pan was crushed during shipment. And of course they are all on backorder.

Reactions: dps

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
How does this make it out the door. It's in plain sight. Do they even inspect these cars before shipment? Oh, and the oil pan was crushed during shipment. And of course they are all on backorder.
welp, since there is a part on backorder, have em fix the fender. for how much that car costs, it better come out perfect.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Don't get me started. Too late. You should see the fitment of the driver side door on my '15 (yours is better). Or the grind marks on top of the kick-up portion of my passenger rear quarter. QC is blind at Flat Rock.

I "fixed" the latter by installing a GT350TP spoiler, which covers the grind marks when the decklid is closed. The door I left as testament to Ford's lousy workmanship, since I didn't want to risk anything getting scratched having it adjusted.

This stuff sucks at the price point of my car six years ago, let alone a GT500 now. I hate seeing it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Id be happy if thats all that was wrong with my paint.. My entire lower fascia is almost black with over spray. Several paint swirls, runs, and defects all over car. My ppf guy did his best on paint correction. But it's still not great. Just something I've learned to live with. No one has quality paint work anymore.

My ppf guy did say it was one of the worst he's seen in a while though. Right there with a BMW X5 he did that had primer coming through on rockers and most all lower edges.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Are you sure paint work hasn’t been done after it left the factory? The fender blem is one thing, but what you describe for the lower fascia is another. I’ve never seen additional paint work done after the bumper covers are installed to explain the overspray.

Id be happy if thats all that was wrong with my paint.. My entire lower fascia is almost black with over spray. Several paint swirls, runs, and defects all over car. My ppf guy did his best on paint correction. But it's still not great. Just something I've learned to live with. No one has quality paint work anymore.

My ppf guy did say it was one of the worst he's seen in a while though. Right there with a BMW X5 he did that had primer coming through on rockers and most all lower edges.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Are you sure paint work hasn’t been done after it left the factory? The fender blem is one thing, but what you describe for the lower fascia is another. I’ve never seen additional paint work done after the bumper covers are installed to explain the overspray.
Yep strait off the truck like that. And I didn't let dealer do any prep or anything..... they just pulled it off truck. Plastic and everything was on it when I got it.... so I got it how it left the plant... I'll post pics tomorrow.

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
I couldn't believe how bad my paint and stripe job was/is. 8th grade shop work at best. I've come to the realization we bought a $100K drive train and a $40K fit and finish. Split the difference.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It is common for a dealer who got stuck with damage repair the car before they sell it. I believe it doesn't have to be disclosed.

It could be fixed. Looks to me like a light wet sand to knock it down and a clear coat followed by wetsand and polish.

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...in other words, what you guys are saying is;

@ Ford, Quality ISN'T job 1....................... :ontheloo:

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Tom's noted a real possibility about what can happen to a "new" car before an owner ever takes delivery. Again, not to say this may be the cause 100%, but it is a possibility sometimes. Dealers often repair damage to vehicles right off the truck, sell as new, and aren't required to disclose. They'll even do the same, if the car was damaged while it was sitting in inventory on their lot. This repair will also never show up on any carfax or vehicle history report.

In fact, BMW, for example, has what's called VPC/VDC (Vehicle Processing Center) stateside, there are 3 of them IIRC, for all MINI and BMW vehicles that are imported in to the U.S. It's essentially an extension of the German factory on U.S. soil.

What happens here, as you may now guess, is any damage that occurred while in-transit from Germany (paintwork, other body repair) if caught here, is repaired, prior to final dealer shipping. Again, none of this will show up anywhere, and BMW dealers are not required to disclose.

Last edited:

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
...in other words, what you guys are saying is;

@ Ford, Quality ISN'T job 1....................... :ontheloo:
Man, it hasn't seemed to have been for decades!