Sponsored

Ford... What is your problem? GT500 owners, you need to read these quality control issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
My family members where I draw my inside union info from encompasses Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Pontiac & Saturn.
I'm not bloviating when I say union members can be horrible.... I have inside info.

Is there a way to fix the problem?
Can we get rid of the unions in a Blue state?
Georgia has a lot of vehicle assembly plants WITHOUT unions............... Why? (Duh)
I'm not trying to turn this political, just mentioning that Georgia will not have unions and manufacturers are setting up shop here.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
My personal feelings are that when I go to work, I provide my personal best. That is my ethic, I don't drag my feet and cause more problems than I solve.

Ford pays a very fair wage and the overall compensation package for non-skilled labor is pretty damn good.

I could go on, but it would just become a rant.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
My personal feelings are that when I go to work, I provide my personal best.
If memory serves me correct, you are a professional commercial pilot... it would be in EVERYONES best interest for you to do your personal best.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If memory serves me correct, you are a professional commercial pilot... it would be in EVERYONES best interest for you to do your personal best.
It doesn't matter what we all do. Anything less than your personal best defines who you are.

Chhris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang
It doesn't matter what we all do. Anything less than your personal best defines who you are.
A little off the topic but im on my way to become a commercial pilot! glad to see another pilot on the forum

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
A little off the topic but im on my way to become a commercial pilot! glad to see another pilot on the forum
Hold on a minute... I said if "memory serves me correct, you are a professional commercial pilot"..................... don't trust my memory...!!!!

Tom may actually be a Burger King Drive-Thru Attendant. But keep in mind, he still gives his best!
Don't trust my memory!

My neighbor retired from Delta as a Captain and he once had someone complain about how much the pilots were paid now that we have auto-pilot controls. His response was something along the lines of: You don't want to require the pilot to utilize the trained skills to save all of the people on board from death because something went wrong, and human intervention was needed to save lives.
They train for saving the aircraft and its occupants from disaster when malfunctions occur.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Who said I'm a pilot?

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Who said I'm a pilot?
Apparently I did... but don't worry, if your not a pilot, my neighbor is, so all is not lost!
This got way off-topic, but no matter, you're the OP, so No Worries!

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
growing up i was told "if a job is worth doing, its worth doing well."
doesn't matter if its mowing the lawn, flying a commercial jet, or assembling cars in detroit.

shame that the union workers don't care enough to put forward their best every day that they show up to work.

Sponsored

2018Creamsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Premium Vert
You should see the shit that got by quality control on my 21! If FORD thinks it's ok to send customers shit with an $80k price tag, it will be a cold day in hell before I buy another. I have owned 13 Mustangs in my lifetime and my 21 has the most factory blemishes I have ever noticed. Totally disgusted with the fit, finish. Car performs awesome....thank god!
Itā€˜s not just Mustangs. The quality problem exists throughout the Ford product line. The fit and finish on my 81k Super Duty is atrocious. It looks like a blind monkey did the taping where the color transitions from white to brown on my King Ranch. Thereā€™s a large divot in the paint on the roof where they fill a body seam, and my truck had several interior trim pieces with large defects from the factory. You couldnā€™t imagine the fight I got from Ford on getting those trim pieces replaced. The tires were grossly out of balance. It wasnā€™t from sitting on the lot either. My truck was manufactured just a couple weeks before I picked it up. Finally, the body gaps are horrible. Odd thing is my wifeā€™s Raptor is a LOT better than my Super Duty, so at least the F150 plant must have a few good employees.

And now my dumb a** is buying a GT500. Guess Iā€™m a slow learner. Lol

Ford really needs to do better, though.

F9AB0395-96EC-44C7-B7E1-25859F600CAB.jpeg

15EC2CE8-16FE-420B-83CC-8A857C5CF260.jpeg

AAA0E354-B842-41DE-AFC9-374E5487D379.jpeg

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
My personal feelings are that when I go to work, I provide my personal best. That is my ethic, I don't drag my feet and cause more problems than I solve.

Ford pays a very fair wage and the overall compensation package for non-skilled labor is pretty damn good.

I could go on, but it would just become a rant.
You are right Tomā€¦ Same hereā€¦ I always try my best, to deliver the best quality of my work. People can be too dissatisfied with their wage, but they always have the choice to improve themself. Do they do it? Noooā€¦ Itā€™s easier to blame Ford, clients, and everyone else. I have to say not all of them are bad workers, but you have to see how many shits you could find in a Ford car. Iā€™m wondering what is happening with their Quality Control?

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Itā€˜s not just Mustangs. The quality problem exists throughout the Ford product line. The fit and finish on my 81k Super Duty is atrocious. It looks like a blind monkey did the taping where the color transitions from white to brown on my King Ranch. Thereā€™s a large divot in the paint on the roof where they fill a body seam, and my truck had several interior trim pieces with large defects from the factory. You couldnā€™t imagine the fight I got from Ford on getting those trim pieces replaced. The tires were grossly out of balance. It wasnā€™t from sitting on the lot either. My truck was manufactured just a couple weeks before I picked it up. Finally, the body gaps are horrible. Odd thing is my wifeā€™s Raptor is a LOT better than my Super Duty, so at least the F150 plant must have a few good employees.

And now my dumb a** is buying a GT500. Guess Iā€™m a slow learner. Lol

Ford really needs to do better, though.

F9AB0395-96EC-44C7-B7E1-25859F600CAB.jpeg

15EC2CE8-16FE-420B-83CC-8A857C5CF260.jpeg

AAA0E354-B842-41DE-AFC9-374E5487D379.jpeg
šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Imperfections = true beauty!! One day those imperfections will add $2 MN to resale!
Do you think so? I donā€™tā€¦ I prefer good quality overall and donā€™t have to complain about it. You are not paying centsā€¦ šŸ˜‰

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
In principal the quality and blow off on claims in 2020 is really is unforgivable.

I have to say that Mustang paint finish puts $180K Mercedes to shame though.

Any collector car that was big dollars back in the day is now authenticated by those very imperfections. It can mean a difference of 500% end price or whether a sale is made at all.

No one really cares Germans Pay USD $120 for GTs and buy more of them than Porsches and drive the nuts off them.

GT500 is exceptional value - the same thing from Italy with no imperfections is $400K+.
Sorry man, not following you. Again, I donā€™t care about price in future. I just want a good assembled car and that i donā€™t have to see some imperfections and turn my head other side to forget it. Itā€™s just meā€¦ I learned that with Ford products. This is hard when you place an order and you just wondering what imperfection you will notice first. Again, it is just meā€¦ šŸ˜‰šŸ˜œ
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.