2020/2021 GT500 color palate and color example links

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Jingram, I can say this , your car will look sick and this might be one of the few MY where black is less popular so you might find yourself having 1 of 250.

Angelsbane72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS
Yeah, there seems to be 3 indicators, I bet you're right on these:

* = late availability
** = extra cost

Now what's kind of interesting is the † symbol is next to all three blues, the new Iconic silver and Magnetic, so especially the case of the latter a few colors that have been around for a while.
I notice the colors without it are black, white, red (and green[?]), I'm wondering if that has something to do with the painted stripe availability?
Designations as follows:

* = New to 2020 Model Year
** = Additional Cost
+ = Metallic Paint

Certain stripe color offerings are only available on certain exterior paint offerings.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
So I have been trying to find anywhere online or at the local dealers the difference between Ingot Silver and the new Iconic Silver. I have read some say Iconic is slightly darker than Ingot. So I decided to order Iconic Silver touch up paint from Ford. Today on a piece of black plastic, I painted Iconic Silver and Ingot Silver with the touch up paints from Ford. I also have a Ranger and Escape both in Ingot Silver and on the Ranger I painted a small square in the inside fender under the hood. The lighting is different in both situations but you can see that Iconic is slightly darker than Ingot.

IMG_8384.jpeg
IMG_8386.jpeg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vince
Vehicle(s)
2008 SHELBY GT500 - COMPOUND BOOST - TWIN TURBONETICS CHARGERS - 777 RWHP - 2016 AUDI S6 - STAGE II TUNED TO 588 HP AWD.
"Oh I agree I thought the 10k was insane. I felt the same way that it didn’t do it justice until obspsd posted the front and I’ve seen some other shots of the front and you can still see all the visual effects. Other colors of course make the front show more but I think I would be dissatisfied by not choosing the black. When I get it I’ll see if I want to add the stripes to break it up some but I think I’ll be very pleased with it. Appreciate the responses."

Jingram, where did you see these other shots? I'm can really relate and made me feel human that I was 'struggling' between crazy orange or stay with black. I turned in my order a couple days later than I wanted to debating this in my head. Then came performance blue. Ultimately I stuck with the black as all have so graciously responded on here. With the track package I think carbon fiber stripes added later will look REALLY Sharp. Going for the ghost look, like my '08 GT500 with 'ghost' racing stripes. I would really love to see more shots of it in the Shadow Black though!! :)

obspsd, maybe you have more?
IMG_6750.jpg

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
"Oh I agree I thought the 10k was insane. I felt the same way that it didn’t do it justice until obspsd posted the front and I’ve seen some other shots of the front and you can still see all the visual effects. Other colors of course make the front show more but I think I would be dissatisfied by not choosing the black. When I get it I’ll see if I want to add the stripes to break it up some but I think I’ll be very pleased with it. Appreciate the responses."

Jingram, where did you see these other shots? I'm can really relate and made me feel human that I was 'struggling' between crazy orange or stay with black. I turned in my order a couple days later than I wanted to debating this in my head. Then came performance blue. Ultimately I stuck with the black as all have so graciously responded on here. With the track package I think carbon fiber stripes added later will look REALLY Sharp. Going for the ghost look, like my '08 GT500 with 'ghost' racing stripes. I would really love to see more shots of it in the Shadow Black though!! :)

obspsd, maybe you have more?
IMG_6750.jpg
Here’s a pretty one. Looks very good with white stripes in my opinion.
DC486B5C-20E7-4822-A7EC-B1E9866A62BF.png

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Here’s a pretty one. Looks very good with white stripes in my opinion.
DC486B5C-20E7-4822-A7EC-B1E9866A62BF.png
I started with black because it’s my favorite color on a vehicle but I feel like it just looks flat with this car and I want to be different. The black on the gt350 looks better in my opinion. So I’m currently with rapid red metallic but after finding out that will be available on regular mustangs then I think you will see this quite often it will be a popular color. I believe I’m going to change to the ford performance blue it is only available to ford performance vehicles like the Shelby and raptor etc. I’ve yet to see a mustang in this color other than picture but I did go and look at a raptor in the color and really did like it. I’m the end I don’t think you can go with a wrong color. Maybe a compromise is magnetic metallic. My wife likes the magnetic but I’ve seen at least 3 different mustangs around here with it. At the end of the day it’s your choice and you may go back and forth like I am. I’m supposed to make my final decision in the morning and let my dealer know lol.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
I started with black because it’s my favorite color on a vehicle but I feel like it just looks flat with this car and I want to be different. The black on the gt350 looks better in my opinion. So I’m currently with rapid red metallic but after finding out that will be available on regular mustangs then I think you will see this quite often it will be a popular color. I believe I’m going to change to the ford performance blue it is only available to ford performance vehicles like the Shelby and raptor etc. I’ve yet to see a mustang in this color other than picture but I did go and look at a raptor in the color and really did like it. I’m the end I don’t think you can go with a wrong color. Maybe a compromise is magnetic metallic. My wife likes the magnetic but I’ve seen at least 3 different mustangs around here with it. At the end of the day it’s your choice and you may go back and forth like I am. I’m supposed to make my final decision in the morning and let my dealer know lol.
Better make up your mind!
Are you going to get any sleep or just think about it all night long. Haha
The Iconic Silver is nice too.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Better make up your mind!
Are you going to get any sleep or just think about it all night long. Haha
The Iconic Silver is nice too.
Haha. My wife likes the silver too. I’ve asked Ron many opinions on all of this and probably drove people crazy.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Haha. My wife likes the silver too. I’ve asked Ron many opinions on all of this and probably drove people crazy.
Make sure the wife is happy.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vince
Vehicle(s)
2008 SHELBY GT500 - COMPOUND BOOST - TWIN TURBONETICS CHARGERS - 777 RWHP - 2016 AUDI S6 - STAGE II TUNED TO 588 HP AWD.
be cool if they had destroyer grey...or whatever it's called.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
If I didnt already have a VIN and build week, i would have swapped for white/black stripes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vince
Vehicle(s)
well...what did you decide? found a decent video of a black

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I have ginned up a photo gallery of the car, sorted by color, using all the photos I've found here and on the Web. I also included shots of the underside, engine, and DCT.

The link is in my signature.