Sponsored

New 2020 GT500 Poor Quality Work From Ford

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I’m sure you’re right I hadn’t thought of it in that way. Also I’m afraid the American worker isn’t what he once was.
I wouldn't say that. The Toyota Tundra is 100% American made and doesn't suffer from the same QC issues. It's a Ford problem there are plenty of other cars that don't have these problems that are made and assembled in the US.
Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got a VW Tiguan in the fleet that has some of the best fit and finish of any vehicle I've bought in at least a decade; the older one it replaced was the same, and its build quality (and rock solid reliability, I might add) was a factor in buying the second. There's no reason for the slipshod QC at Ford. None.
Yeah its sad that you can experience this on a brand new car for over +$60,000 in 2021. I know I own a Ford, but honestly I will not be buying one again, I knew what I was getting myself into. I got the sports car experience out of my system and I'm fine with just having a basic DD like a RAV4 and my GT350 on the side. Thankfully I didn't have too many problems with mine, but this stuff is a complete buzzkill if you are OP.

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
I wouldn't say that. The Toyota Tundra is 100% American made and doesn't suffer from the same QC issues. It's a Ford problem there are plenty of other cars that don't have these problems that are made and assembled in the US.
I can attest to the Tundra quality. I have an 2007 and a 2019 with 200k miles between them. My son has a 2019 and a 2008 Tacoma, daughter has a 4Runner. Zero issues with any of them and build quality is excellent.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can attest to the Tundra quality. I have an 2007 and a 2019 with 200k miles between them. My son has a 2019 and a 2008 Tacoma, daughter has a 4Runner. Zero issues with any of them and build quality is excellent.
Yeah, man I've never had a problem with a Toyota, they are great vehicles. My buddy has a 2015 Tundra. The stuff is old but its reliable and put together well. No BS. Just got rid of my Scion tC for a RAV4 and its great. I'm seriously debating between getting 4Runner or a Tundra in a few years. Waiting to see how the next generation will be. I like the Tundra because of its practicality but don't want the big road presence of a truck. I like the 4Runner better, its the best looking SUV imo. The next gen is supposed to be a Twin Turbo V6/V6 hybrid so if it gets a boost in power it'll be great if not, I'll buy a previous gen and just supercharge it.

But yeah, shit quality is not a result of the workers, its top down leadership. There are multiple cars that are built here in the US, like the Tundra or the X3 and don't have these issues despite the high price tag.

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
they are great vehicles.
Unfortunately, while they may be made here (to eliminate the big boat shipping charges,) the profits still go to the Japanese economy, not ours.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if I should laugh or cry viewing that photo with the quarter window decal in the same shot ... :frown:

I might get flamed for this but I will say it anyway - we have two Kia's in the family and build / quality wise, the mustang isn't a favourable comparison ... :shock:

WD :like:

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Unfortunately, while they may be made here (to eliminate the big boat shipping charges,) the profits still go to the Tokyo economy, not ours.
There are a couple thousand people getting good pay and benefits. Friend handled HR there all the way back to startup and workers really appreciate Toyota’s support. A large chunk of each sale goes to the labor and Kudos to Toyota for building in Texas. Tesla is here in Austin.
Someone from Rivian has been in SanA, Dallas and Austin.
Plenty of room for Ford...

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Unfortunately, while they may be made here (to eliminate the big boat shipping charges,) the profits still go to the Tokyo economy, not ours.
That's idiotic. I guess then the Challenger is a Dutch car.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Call it what you will, JJ, but no, the profits from Challenger sales come back to Dodge's coffers, not the Netherlands'.
You have two cars built by the North American subsidiaries of foreign companies, but the one built in Canada is American but not the one built in Texas. That's interesting.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
You don't seem to get my point, JJ...I don't like the profits of a company with whom I do business going to a foreign country. How about we just leave it at that?

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Getting back on topic, concerning colour of my rear bumper, it’s so different from the car that several people ask if it was in an accident.
Begrudgingly I have accepted it and decided not to respray.
So for all those that sigh at the flaws, you’re in good company haha.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Thats absurd
You don't seem to get my point, JJ...I don't like the profits of a company with whom I do business going to a foreign country. How about we just leave it at that?

Anyway, my car came with paint missing on the front bumper and a hole in the side of the trunk. If they didn't notice that I dont know how they would ever notice anything. I took it to my dealer and Ford authorized the repairs.
0704201617a.jpg

Kingkong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE, Hellcat Charger
Thats absurd

Anyway, my car came with paint missing on the front bumper and a hole in the side of the trunk. If they didn't notice that I dont know how they would ever notice anything. I took it to my dealer and Ford authorized the repairs.
0704201617a.jpg
man what....... that’s crazy

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Thats absurd

0704201617a.jpg
From a financial point of view, Ford must spend a fortune on outside warranty work ? If they had better controls , all this warranty work could be done in-house at a fraction of cost.
Besides the cost, there is pride attached to the product your company produces surely ?
I think one of the better read gents on this site should write a eloquent letter to Ford/ Mustang line. The rest of us could put our names to it.

We might be surprised .
Sponsored