Annoyned by dealership refusing a test drive

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah, I'm a crook because somehow I'm robbing and scamming the customer offering another option and letting him decide if he prefers that option or not lol

90% of customers are looking for A car... only the other 10% are looking for something specific

You want this car? ok, but what about this other car? oh, you like this one better? ok, lets work a deal on this car...

at the end, its a business, i work for money, not for love and giggles lmao, the more money i generate on a deal, the more i get paid and the more my sales people get paid. Lmao at your fake morals like you guys work for free lol :crackup: :crackup:
So basically railroading people into buying something, even if it's not what they actually want. Got it, lol. That's personally something I detest about car dealerships. Like obviously they came to buy a car, but the pressure to buy something that isn't what they came in for (if you don't have it or they can't afford it for example) is just scummy. Like yes, you won't make money off them if they leave, and now they will be a repeat customer in a year or two because you sold them something they didn't actually want. Great. But it's still shitty. I mean I guess you can just hide behind the "lol they're adults they sign their own papers", but if you've worked in that industry, especially F&I, you should know by now most people can't be trusted to wipe their own ass correctly let alone make major financial decisions.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I have used a local dealership to do work on my car twice. The first time they put on the exahust and the second time the ford performance power pack 2. I have been considering upgrading to the 3.55 gears and have been waiting and waiting for them to get a 2015-2017 auto with that factory option so I can test drive it to decide if the upgrade is worth it to me. Once they had one listed and I called, but the car ended up not actually being there. Well yesterday they finally have one, a 2015 like mine with actual pictures so I know its there. I drive out there and ask to see it and then explain that I want to test drive it to see the difference and that I will have their shop once again do the work if I like it.

The guy tried to sell me a new one, told me about tunes and basically refused to even consider me test driving it because I "would not notice the difference." I finally left after 15 minutes of nonsense. I was not going to race the thing around or anything. I even told him I just really wanted to see the shift points and see how it felt at 40, 45, 55, 60 ect. I am not sure if its worth going back for another try at this point.
I recently put an FORD Performance 3:55 in my 2017 3:15. I have an a VMP tune and used an NGauge to calibrate for the gears.
My car performs a lot better with the new gears. Always seem to be in the right gear for passing and maneuvering in traffic.
Also shifts at a better RPM when slowing down.
Performance is improved by not having to downshift because most of the it's already in that right gear for what I want to do. Sport mode also has really been improved. Might not be faster time wise but for what I needed it's a great mod.

20210310_103820.jpg

Screenshot_20210413-083440_Photos.jpg

20210310_103820.jpg

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
So basically railroading people into buying something, even if it's not what they actually want. Got it, lol. That's personally something I detest about car dealerships. Like obviously they came to buy a car, but the pressure to buy something that isn't what they came in for (if you don't have it or they can't afford it for example) is just scummy. Like yes, you won't make money off them if they leave, and now they will be a repeat customer in a year or two because you sold them something they didn't actually want. Great. But it's still shitty. I mean I guess you can just hide behind the "lol they're adults they sign their own papers", but if you've worked in that industry, especially F&I, you should know by now most people can't be trusted to wipe their own ass correctly let alone make major financial decisions.
nope, not really... let me explain it slowly because i see this on a daily basis...

customer 1, needs a car... just need transportation from A to B. came to lot looking for something. Credit is not great but it's not bad either... they look a few options, say this is my 1st option... i have this much money down, want payments, around this much....

no problem, sales person do the app, and i start working the banks... maybe the car is a 2013 BMW for like $10k + taxes and fees to say something.

banks offer a 48 months due to year/mileage, at 15% APR and $590 fee. They like the customer, but don't like the car (car makes and models are graded by the bank, the higher the grade, the better deal they offer.... BMW is a D, while lexus/toyota are A+)

lets say payments are $350, customer is trying to be at no more than $300, what to do? more money down... customer doesn't have more down payment? next option? another car... sometimes, the cheaper car doesn't mean the lowest payment....

So... next option? a different car with better rates... hey customer 1, we have this nice 2017 honda accord, fully loaded, low miles, yes, it's $14995 + T&F but do you like it? if you do, the bank is offering better terms, we can get you better numbers! (capital one basically show you in their system what cars will work better for that customer)... yes, i like that accord.... ok, bank is saying 72 mo, at 8.9% APR and you don't need more money down, you payment is $289/mo

done, customer got the payment they wanted, with the down payment they wanted on a different car that wasn't their first option. (apparently that's being a crook i guess lol)

Customer 2. I have my own check from my local credit union, i want this specific car. ok, car is this much out the door. done

Customer 3, i want this car in particular and i don't want any other car, i need financing... well, that will depends only on his credit... shitty credit = high APR and higher down payment. Good credit = lower apr and lower down payments. Will only depends on customer income, can't get a $50k car if you make $2500/mo because your DTI is too high, unless you put a lot of money down where your payment fits your DTI. No secret sauce or scamming, or anything.

with customers with BAD credit, its not about what they want, its about what they can get, period. 2 previous repos, 430 credit score, but you want that nice mercedes, well, good luck getting a bank willing to finance that. And if they do, be ready for a 25-27% apr. Your credit is basically your payment history, if you don't pay anybody, don't expect the lenders to treat you like a good paying customer and give you a nice good lower APR... you are high risk, high risk = retarded APR

Sponsored

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Run along crook.

TLDR and no one cares. Youve made yourself come across as a typical shady salesman.

Good job sticking to the status quo why most people cant stand salesman.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
You guys are seriously delusional if you think that your sales guy you use isnt thinking the exact same stuff vanquish is talking about. You think sales guys gives a shit about you...there looking to make a sale and put money in there pocket...thats it. Just because they coddle and offer you a soda and ask how your kids are doing does not change anything. If you walk into a dealership and they push you to a more expensive car and you take it thats on you. If they were to push you to a cheaper car that turned out to be a POS thats also on you.

Sponsored

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You guys are seriously delusional if you think that your sales guy you use isnt thinking the exact same stuff vanquish is talking about. You think sales guys gives a shit about you...there looking to make a sale and put money in there pocket...thats it. Just because they coddle and offer you a soda and ask how your kids are doing does not change anything. If you walk into a dealership and they push you to a more expensive car and you take it thats on you. If they were to push you to a cheaper car that turned out to be a POS thats also on you.
I guess they are the kind that will fall in love with a stripper because she's being nice lol

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
i refuse a bunch of test drives a day... people that are "will buy in a few weeks/months", kids that want to drive sport cars, people who want to drive exotics/expensive cars, etc...

somebody asking to test drive a car just to compare it to their current car, it's a no go for me.... unless you have an actual intend of buying, it's a waste of time and money for my guys

I whole-heartily disagree with this business practice, especially if you are doing business in the Jacksonville area.
Have the would-be driver endorse a legally binding document that they are responsible for any damages that are incurred in a test drive.
Unfortunately, business stances such as this does not help generate business, especially service members that will have money to burn following a deployment.
Test drives such as these generate motivation for the driving enthusiasts out there.
Applying your logic, you would not have my business.
But the dealership that let me test drive that used GT350 ended up earning my business of new car purchase of said GT350 and a new Explorer ST.
It is unfortunate that there are dealerships out there that pull crap such as this. You are not selling exotic vehicles and I be damned that I have to prove to a salesman if I have intentions to buy on the spot.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I whole-heartily disagree with this business practice, especially if you are doing business in the Jacksonville area.
Have the would-be driver endorse a legally binding document that they are responsible for any damages that are incurred in a test drive.
Unfortunately, business stances such as this does not help generate business, especially service members that will have money to burn following a deployment.
Test drives such as these generate motivation for the driving enthusiasts out there.
Applying your logic, you would not have my business.
But the dealership that let me test drive that used GT350 ended up earning my business of new car purchase of said GT350 and a new Explorer ST.
It is unfortunate that there are dealerships out there that pull crap such as this. You are not selling exotic vehicles and I be damned that I have to prove to a salesman if I have intentions to buy on the spot.
it's not like we do it every single time lol, lets say is case by case. If i have a 18 y/o kid asking to go on a test drive on a corvette, pretty sure we will say no... now, a +50 y/o guy wearing a blue jean shorts and white new balance shoes, yes sir, go ahead!

We don't deny every single test drive, just some of them and there can be a million different reasons why...
Sponsored