TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
If you are looking at Apex wheel sizes, here is a post I did when I bought my first set of Apex Wheels. Cory was a big help. We e-mailed back and forth. No spacers and I personally like the fit. As you can see, I never followed though with the Ford Performance suspension parts and opted for the Ohlins instead.

Tires finally came in (been on back-order everywhere for months) so I can now share some fitment / color examples with the new APEX wheels. I've got pics of before and after for those wanting to know what the difference will be for spacing / fitment, just because I found it hard to find detailed examples last year when I was shopping. Lots of pics, but few had specs / numbers to go with. BTW, Cory from APEX was a great help. Thanks bud!

Car: 2017 GT Prem. Performance Pack
Suspension is stock PP. From what I've been able to find online, stock front camber is -.93 deg.
Original tires: 255/40/19 front & 275/40/19 rear (Mic. Pilot Sport A/S 3+)
New Tires: 275/35/19 front & 305/35/19 rear (Mic. Pilot Super Sport)
Original Wheels: Mustang PP OEM.
New Wheels: APEX 19x10 ET40 EC-7 front & 19x11 ET52 EC-7 rear

I saved about 42-48 lbs of un-sprung weight with this setup. The OEM wheels are like 35-37 lbs, depending on who you ask. I haven't weighed them yet. Made from stone instead of aluminum? The APEX wheel is 24.5 lbs. Note to Ford: When you design a Performance Pack vehicle, consider this please.

I chose the setup based on the rear tire size. My intent was to keep the overall height of the rear tire the same as the OEM (mainly for speedo accuracy), and to keep the front tire overall height at or below the rear tire height. The 305/35/19 is -.26" vs. the OEM 275/40/19's tire height. The new rear tire is +.82" vs. the new front tire. For reference, the OEM fitment has the rear tire taller than the front by +.62".

I wanted to lower the car 1" with the Ford Performance Track springs and sway bar but waited until I saw the wheels actually on the car.

As a side note: the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires are fantastic for daily and spirited driving. Considering how many people will actually track their shiny new Mustangs, I think Ford should include them as OEM. The Pirelli P-Zeroes that came on the car were junk for daily driving. The rears were completely shot before 12k miles, and they had no track time on them yet. Always broke loose. However I did notice that after I put the Ford Performance 2 CAI and 87mm throttle body w/tune on, the A/S 3+s would break loose more during highly-spirited launches than they did prior. But for a stock GT, I think they'e the deal.

So glad I went with this wheel and color. I think they look killer with the Grabber Blue! Can't wait for the next track days at VIR next month.
1.2.jpg
6.2.jpg
2.jpg
5.2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
My SVE R350 are 19x10 +35 all around. I think it looks perfect on the front. If I could customize I would probably use 19x10 +38 or 40 on the back so the lower portion of the tires are slightly closer to the body, but +35 does look good and more aggressive than the stock PP1 wheels, no doubt.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Frrst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Forrest
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
If you are looking at Apex wheel sizes, here is a post I did when I bought my first set of Apex Wheels. Cory was a big help. We e-mailed back and forth. No spacers and I personally like the fit. As you can see, I never followed though with the Ford Performance suspension parts and opted for the Ohlins instead.

Thanks for reposting that. At least one thing I want to settled, those are the wheels.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
...I can put down all 830whp I have in 2nd gear...Suspension mods and ambient temp play a huge role in hooking, but like I said up there I can put down all 830whp in 2nd gear with NT555RII's and a bunch of suspension work.
What suspension mods are you running?

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Thanks for reposting that. At least one thing I want to settled, those are the wheels.
IMO those Apex wheels look a size smaller than they really are due to the fact that the spokes stop about 3/4" from the outer perimeter of the wheel, causing the spokes to be small. They appear to look like 18" wheels to me, not 19" due to that large edge around the perimeter. Compared to the SVE R357 wheels, which are a similar style, where the spokes extend out to less than 1/4" from the edge of the wheel, causing them to look aesthetically larger diameter compared to the Apex wheels. Something to consider from an aesthetics perspective.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I assure you it can be used at sane speeds. If they couldn't hook below 70 mph, they would never leave a stop light. It's all about how hard you get into the throttle at those lower speeds. I'd say drive one with that kind of horsepower or ride in one and then you would most likely see what the point is. Not knocking you, but as they say don't knock it until you try it.
What would you know you have a Roush sc. Can you even spin your tires?

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I have to try really, really hard to spin them :)

What would you know you have a Roush sc. Can you even spin your tires?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I can't keep my license and use all of the 430HP I have now. QED, more is (point)less.
Radar detector and Waze!

What suspension mods are you running?
GT350R Springs
Steeda Pro-Action Shocks
Steeda Rear Shock Mounts
GT350R Front Sway Bar
BMR CB005 Cradle Lockout
BMR BK081 RLCA Bearing
Ford Performance Knuckle/Toe Link Bearing
Steeda Red Differential Bushings

And an extra couple hundred pounds in the rear which helps too I'm sure

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
first one is illegal, and the second is unreliable and I refuse to use insecure apps in any event.
Speeding is illegal too. I see your in VA but you can get radar detectors that are undetectable by RDDs. Mount it up by the visor and it's out of sight. One step further you can get one thats remotely mounted in the bumper.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
first one is illegal,
Not in most states.

FWIW I don't use a detector because I've found that staying more attentive and not relying on it works well. I don't drive slowly and *knock on wood* no tickets since 2006.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Speeding is illegal too.
There are a few places I know are not patrollable (or rarely) or I scout them first. Any moron can go fast in a straight line. That doesn't require any skill either. Last night I was blitzed on 495 by 2 yahoos in a Civic and WRX at an easy 100mph. It was one of the few sections there is rarely any enforcement. I was not impressed nor felt the need to engage in similar stupidity. 80mph is an instant Reckless charge in VA with some small exceptions. As is +20. I haven't had a ticket in ages except I got one last year 53 in a 40 crossing a bridge, which was designed as a speed trap.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
There are a few places I know are not patrollable (or rarely) or I scout them first. Any moron can go fast in a straight line. That doesn't require any skill either.
It sounds to me like you'd have more fun with a RD and a couple hundred more hp. But to each their own. At least you don't have to listen to beeps lol

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds to me like you'd have more fun with a RD and a couple hundred more hp. But to each their own.
If I want to accelerate I have a handful of motorcycles all of which embarrass the hell out of any sorry-ass pony car. I can also go to Summit Point for as much jollies as I can stand. One doesn't need to approach a 50mph corner at 80. Approach at 60 and just don't brake.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Are you telling me jumped into a thread about adding a supercharger to tell everyone why this is pointless to you? From your point of view, your 5.0 has way too much horsepower for how you like to drive and a Prius may have been a better buy. Even with 1000 hp, there will be Civics, WRXs and a whole lot of other cars that will blow by you at times...The driver controls those horse and when they are put to use....same as you do with your current ones. There is nothing wrong with expressing your point of view, just understand we all are different and have different points of view. OP is "adding" a supercharger, so that is a done deal.

Yes there are plenty of motorcycles that can blow away many cars....but do you ride them like that is the question. Again, we all have different views.

There are a few places I know are not patrollable (or rarely) or I scout them first. Any moron can go fast in a straight line. That doesn't require any skill either. Last night I was blitzed on 495 by 2 yahoos in a Civic and WRX at an easy 100mph. It was one of the few sections there is rarely any enforcement. I was not impressed nor felt the need to engage in similar stupidity. 80mph is an instant Reckless charge in VA with some small exceptions. As is +20. I haven't had a ticket in ages except I got one last year 53 in a 40 crossing a bridge, which was designed as a speed trap.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes there are plenty of motorcycles that can blow away many cars....but do you ride them like that is the question.
yup, when I feel like going 0-70 and then I have to putz around at prevailing traffic speeds. My Daytona cruises happily and effortlessly at 85mph as if that was the speed it was designed for. Sometimes I'm tempted to wind out the 'priller in 2nd gear. I just don't dare do that very often or without protection.

I'm not sure why you're bent out of shape over my posts. If it's not possible to use 430 horse sensibly on public roads, what are you gonna do with 200 more and on tires that can't deliver forward motion?
Sponsored