ADM Hell! Ford!!!!

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
I always wonder why Ford doesn’t just scale up production. If anyone could just order one ADM shouldn’t exist. Its not just the gt500 either, but performance models in general. What is the real demand like? It feels like most dealers would rather sit on a car and wait for a sucker than sell a bunch even in a normal market. That means not as many sell so not as many are produced which means dealers ask even more assinine adm. It feels like specialty vehicles should just be on order only so there aren’t any weird feedback loops. Its not like the dealer adds anything as its hard to get test drive of low volume specialty cars anyways.
Sponsored

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
I always wonder why Ford doesn’t just scale up production. If anyone could just order one ADM shouldn’t exist. Its not just the gt500 either, but performance models in general. What is the real demand like? It feels like most dealers would rather sit on a car and wait for a sucker than sell a bunch even in a normal market. That means not as many sell so not as many are produced which means dealers ask even more assinine adm. It feels like specialty vehicles should just be on order only so there aren’t any weird feedback loops. Its not like the dealer adds anything as its hard to get test drive of low volume specialty cars anyways.
I've thought about this too. Why does ford do allocations? it is an exclusivity thing? it is parts supply? They have allocations inside allocations. Ford should allow orders to be submitted with a signed contract and approve or deny on a case by case basis to keep specialty vehicles out of the hands of flippers and bandwagoners. Make a 1 page application and require the vehicle not be resold for X amount of years.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Putting that kind of onus on a 5000-7000 unit annual production run is a bit much. If folks want to flip them let them.

Problem with production ramp is lead times. By say mid-march at the latest take rate should be reasonably firm so if they need to add 50pct more cars it should be doable. It's not like they don't have slack in workforce. And suppliers would be delighted to have more business.

Mustang production has crashed in past 3 years and it's not like suppliers have liquidated their capacity already.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Thats not happening here. 22 is probably the last model year and ADMs are getting worse.
I understand that. My point was there were ADMs this high during the first couple of years when rumor was these cars were to be limited and scarce. Then more and more were made and ADMs went down to the point some were being sold just under MSRP. Clearly the ADM is back and getting worse because of the lack of supply and there still being a demand.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I set a goal to own one this summer but looking less and less likely.
ORDER NOW, from Granger or one of the other hand full of dealers that are discounting customer ordered cars. Granger is still offering 2% Under Invoice, which is like 8% under MSRP. Screw your local dealers, fleecing, highway robbery should not be supported.

One of my locals was asking $10K over MSRP for a Black Bullitt for about 4 months, then they marked it $5K under and it finally sold a month or so later.

Sponsored

BrakeFade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E39 M5, '21 CFTP GT500
I've thought about this too. Why does ford do allocations? it is an exclusivity thing? it is parts supply? They have allocations inside allocations. Ford should allow orders to be submitted with a signed contract and approve or deny on a case by case basis to keep specialty vehicles out of the hands of flippers and bandwagoners. Make a 1 page application and require the vehicle not be resold for X amount of years.
Dodge builds every Hellcat ordered. No restrictions on anything. You order it, they build it.

BrakeFade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E39 M5, '21 CFTP GT500
It’s all about demand.
I guess that’s why we see a Hellcat on every corner now! I love them. My Durango Hellcat is a freakin’ blast to drive.

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
I guess that’s why we see a Hellcat on every corner now! I love them. My Durango Hellcat is a freakin’ blast to drive.
Not in my town. Plenty of Challengers not that many Hellcats.

Sponsored

BrakeFade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E39 M5, '21 CFTP GT500
Not in my town. Plenty of Challengers not that many Hellcats.
Well, I don’t see as many as it sounds. The last Hellcat I saw was about 2 weeks ago. Black widebody charger hellcat and a red challenger narrow body hellcat just before that one. Both Looked amazing. I cannot remember the last GT500 I saw out in the wild?

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ORDER NOW, from Granger or one of the other hand full of dealers that are discounting customer ordered cars. Granger is still offering 2% Under Invoice, which is like 8% under MSRP. Screw your local dealers, fleecing, highway robbery should not be supported.

One of my locals was asking $10K over MSRP for a Black Bullitt for about 4 months, then they marked it $5K under and it finally sold a month or so later.
isn't grander out of allocations?

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I don’t see as many as it sounds. The last Hellcat I saw was about 2 weeks ago. Black widebody charger hellcat and a red challenger narrow body hellcat just before that one. Both Looked amazing. I cannot remember the last GT500 I saw out in the wild?
2nd that. I rarely see 350s/500s on the road. I don't get why Ford is such a prude about building cars people want. Its one thing for stock units that dealers will line up in their showroom and mark up. It's another when a customer signs a contract and commits a down payment.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
isn't grander out of allocations?
There's a long list at Granger already in the event someone backs out on ordering.....

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
There's a long list at Granger already in the event someone backs out on ordering.....
Shit, my bad sorry if I got anyone's hopes up. Yes, GT500s sadly are a definite limited production. :crazy: I never noticed it wasn't the Mach 1 forum.
Sponsored

Last edited: