ADM Hell! Ford!!!!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
When the GT500s first came out, what was it, back around 2007, the local dealers were getting $20K over MSRP. When they continued to make them people were pissed as the ADM got lower and lower to the point of MSRP or even slightly under....tanking their values.
Thats not happening here. 22 is probably the last model year and ADMs are getting worse.
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
MSRP = manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price.

Ford has nothing to do with this. They sell the car to their customer (the dealership) and the dealership sells it for what the market bears.

Sorry, but I don't see this getting better anytime soon.

Find your best deal and either pay it or don't. Nothing really more to talk about.
While I will agree with this it’s bullshit. When the dealers start making more money than the manufacturer that’s crap. Start pulling GT500‘s and Mach1’s from them and they will stop it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
While I will agree with this it’s bullshit. When the dealers start making more money than the manufacturer that’s crap. Start pulling GT500‘s and Mach1’s from them and they will stop it.
nobody may like it, but this is the business model. These cars, these allocations, belong to the dealer. The dealer is currently under no obligation to sell for MSRP. End of discussion, really.

Please, none of this "we will all band together stuff". What you are witnessing is a free market economy.

Edited to add:
I worked my ass off for all the deals I got on my FP vehicles. It is a hunt and a frustrating game. Those that don't want to play will pay if they have to have it. If anyone wants one, better hussle and pick up the phone and start making deals. Oh, and forget about MSRP.

OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Sold/ ‘22 Gt500 on order
MSRP = manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price.

Ford has nothing to do with this. They sell the car to their customer (the dealership) and the dealership sells it for what the market bears.

Sorry, but I don't see this getting better anytime soon.

Find your best deal and either pay it or don't. Nothing really more to talk about.

I mean there is more to talk about. Not everyone can waive a wand and pay these prices. The car is already the most expensive mustang from the factory. Now we are facing unrealistic ADM.

I mean we can be pissed about it. It shouldn't just be oh well, guess I should just have more money to spend or guess your pockets aren’t deep enough move along. Plus as prices do come down it will hurt values.

I say its like lighting money on fire…..

OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
good point

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
These cars, these allocations, belong to the dealer. The dealer is currently under no obligation to sell for MSRP.
ok, but Ford can refuse to do business with them and refuse to take orders. Let them sue. Companies deal with distributor networks that don't behave all the time. If Ford's lawyers are so stupid not to be able to protect the mothership and prevent injury to it's brand and reputation, then they need fired.

All actions have consequences. If a dealership wants to charge out the ying yang they are free to do so. And Ford is free to deny them product to sell.

It's not just for movies.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I mean there is more to talk about. Not everyone can waive a wand and pay these prices. The car is already the most expensive mustang from the factory. Now we are facing unrealistic ADM.

I mean we can be pissed about it. It shouldn't just be oh well, guess I should just have more money to spend or guess your pockets aren’t deep enough move along. Plus as prices do come down it will hurt values.

I say its like lighting money on fire…..
No, there is nothing more to it. Nobody is entitled to one of these vehicles. You either pay or you don't. If the price is too high and nobody pays the markup, then the dealer is forced to lower the price.

Sorry.

OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
nobody may like it, but this is the business model. These cars, these allocations, belong to the dealer. The dealer is currently under no obligation to sell for MSRP. End of discussion, really.

Please, none of this "we will all band together stuff". What you are witnessing is a free market economy.

Edited to add:
I worked my ass off for all the deals I got on my FP vehicles. It is a hunt and a frustrating game. Those that don't want to play will pay if they have to have it. If anyone wants one, better hussle and pick up the phone and start making deals. Oh, and forget about MSRP.
I can appreciate that! I am working my tail off and understand not MSRP right now but Im going to keep hunting for one close my guy!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I can appreciate that! I am working my tail off and understand not MSRP right now but Im going to keep hunting for one close my guy!
I'll give you some advice. Work your way out from your zip code and start calling local dealers as provided off the ford website. find a dealer who will work with you. be prepared to either have the car shipped or drive it back yourself. be prepared to leave an immediate deposit. if you leave a deposit, negotiate that it is refundable. lastly, get everything in writing.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
From now on, the low production desirable models will go for an extra premium.

They will make less of them and charge more. I would not expect to these trends change on top drawer Mustangs.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
ok, but Ford can refuse to do business with them and refuse to take orders. Let them sue. Companies deal with distributor networks that don't behave all the time. If Ford's lawyers are so stupid not to be able to protect the mothership and prevent injury to it's brand and reputation, then they need fired.

All actions have consequences. If a dealership wants to charge out the ying yang they are free to do so. And Ford is free to deny them product to sell.
I agree with this 100%. I’m not here to toot my own horn but I could buy any car I want. I buy what I want but don’t over pay. I am not about to pay what these guys want. I think Ford should shut these guys down. They own a Ford dealership and you’re welcome. If you’re going to take advantage of the customers like that Ford needs to step in. Deny them cars.

OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
No, there is nothing more to it. Nobody is entitled to one of these vehicles. You either pay or you don't. If the price is too high and nobody pays the markup, then the dealer is forced to lower the price.

Sorry.
Well Ford is not trying to make less off the car than the dealership. So Im sure their will be something to combat some of it. They want that money lol.

Well if you come across some possibilities out there let me know!

OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
I agree with this 100%. I’m not here to toot my own horn but I could buy any car I want. I buy what I want but don’t over pay. I am not about to pay what these guys want. I think Ford should shut these guys down. They own a Ford dealership and you’re welcome. If you’re going to take advantage of the customers like that Ford needs to step in. Deny them cars.
agreed.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
From now on, the low production desirable models will go for an extra premium.

They will make less of them and charge more. I would not expect to these trends change on top drawer Mustangs.
To make matters worse, the end of ICE big V8s is coming to an end. I sense people are in a frenzy to get these last of their kind vehicles before we are looking at hybrid/electric cars.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Well Ford is not trying to make less off the car than the dealership. So Im sure their will be something to combat some of it. They want that money lol.

Well if you come across some possibilities out let me know!
No, they don't. You have to understand the business model.
Sponsored