Sponsored

Letter to FORD addressing ADM?

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Just curious if anyone has reached out to FORD about the ADM going on at the dealers? Just wondering what there response is if any. I have something drafted up that I will be sending. I am overly curious to their response. It seems that a company that requires applications for Ford GT's would have some ownership in this and want to have something in place to manage the sales. Whether they like it or not their Dealerships are making money at the cost of Fords consumer relations. I know the sports car market and specifically the specialty sports car market is a super minuscule market so they likely just don't care. I mean this literally is scalping at the dealership level.

And for the record other than wanting one of these, I am a firm believer in the free market. So i know what i can do....go pound sand, pay up, or move to another car/manufacturer. The market should self correct and usually does, i just don't want to wait.

And I also think now more than ever there are a lot of people that will pay whatever and mothball them for their collections.

AND why don't they make as many as people will buy or at least order. I mean there is a huge difference in making a small number and flooding the market like ZO6 and ZL1 surely there is happy medium.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Your letter will be placed in the same round file that the GT350/R letters were.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You are wasting your time. You are going against the whole business model of Ford.

OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So no responses from FORD at all? They just ignore? Wow? I at least figured some BS response...

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Their actions (or lack there of) speak volumes. We've beaten this horse to no end. Want a GT500, rape free ? Get on the phone ASAP and begin your journey.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Their actions (or lack there of) speak volumes. We've beaten this horse to no end. Want a GT500, rape free ? Get on the phone ASAP and begin your journey.
It’s unfortunate but not much you can do. I’d love to get one within the first 3-6 months but trying to find a dealer (no matter location) who well sell at MSRP is so hard. And it’ll probably hurt Ford in the end. It’ll take 10-12 months for Adms to go away and by that time a lot of would be buyers will move to something else.

OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah i wasn't in the market for the GT350 so i didn't know the history. Its sad that they don't care. And i do believe it hurts there sales as customers move on to other alternatives. But in reality this market is peanuts to them so it really just doesn't matter or wont show up in sales $$ ....IMO.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Yea, I've sent letters. Last time was on the Focus RS. They don't care if you've been a loyal Ford customer your whole life. They send you the same canned letter.
"Each dealership is independently owned and the dealers are allowed to adjust to the current market price." And the dealers don't care how many cars you bought from them in the past.

Then they stuck it to all the people that paid ADM on the RS's with the big head gasket fiasco. All of a sudden there were plenty of used RS's on the market and you could buy the new ones under MSRP.

Totally shitty situation for anyone that wants to buy one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They send you the same canned letter.
"Each dealership is independently owned and the dealers are allowed to adjust to the current market price."
Yeah this is exactly what i figured there response would be. Which is total cop out and BS. They (FORD) can control this if they want....Sell at MSRP or below or loose your Ford franchise. But, looking at fords lineup this may dissuade new/current Ford dealerships buyin in general. However outside of the SVT vehicles surely NO one is paying even close to MSRP for anything else they offer.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Ha!!
Loyalty, huh?
Try Harley Davidson for loyalty.
They'll spit in your face.

Ford is a company that has a BOD to answer to. Their main purpose is to make money.

By the way; when I bought my '17 GT, Ford had a $750 advantage for Ford Ranger Loyalty.
I'd had a Ranger for 30 years. Not to mention I was trading in a '12 Escape.
Did I get the offer; No.

Last edited:

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Yeah this is exactly what i figured there response would be. Which is total cop out and BS. They (FORD) can control this if they want....Sell at MSRP or below or loose your Ford franchise. But, looking at fords lineup this may dissuade new/current Ford dealerships buyin in general. However outside of the SVT vehicles surely NO one is paying even close to MSRP for anything else they offer.
I think just telling them no more then 5% adm would be fair. It’s funny though, people ask what brand I’m loyal to, and I laugh and say “none because none of them are loyal to me.”

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
So no responses from FORD at all? They just ignore? Wow? I at least figured some BS response...
They'll sell them anyway and they know it.

OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They'll sell them anyway and they know it.
Yeah I AGREE 100%..... But thinking like that can get you in trouble eventually.....Ever changing market keep doing things the same way and it might end up biting you in the rear.....I am not loyal at ALL i buy cars i like....period. But i will tell you next time the wife needs a normal car, kids need a car, i need a new truck, whatever the case.....I won't even consider a FORD....does it make a difference....probably not, but it makes me feel better.
Sponsored