ADM Hell! Ford!!!!

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Sold/ ‘22 Gt500 on order
As someone who is waiting on a custom build and considering finding one on the lot just in case the chip shortage cost me a chance to own one.

I just can't believe these prices… Base levels going or at least listed for 15-20k over msrp.

Ford has to do something, ruining this experience for myself and others for sure. These cars are already out of most people budgets but add these prices its just wrong. I understand 2-5k but 10-20k….
Sponsored

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
As someone who is waiting on a custom build and considering finding one on the lot just in case the chip shortage cost me a chance to own one.

I just can't believe these prices… Base levels going or at least listed for 15-20k over msrp.

Ford has to do something, ruining this experience for myself and others for sure. These cars are already out of most people budgets but add these prices its just wrong. I understand 2-5k but 10-20k….
I have seen over that around here. Mach 1 are $5K ADM and Shelby’s are $30K over sticker

OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, it’s a simple supply and demand situation. It’s not going to change any time soon.
I understand supply and demand but I searched nationwide over 300+ available every one is 10k or more once messaging and speaking with sales managers.

real customers paying these prices will be the ones left screwed down the road while dealerships are making handover fist and will again when someone loses their ass if ever trading in or selling down the road.

OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
I understand supply and demand but I searched nationwide over 300+ available every one is 10k or more once messaging and speaking with sales managers.

real customers paying these prices will be the ones left screwed down the road while dealerships are making handover fist and will again when someone loses their ass if ever trading in or selling down the road.
I set a goal to own one this summer but looking less and less likely.

Sponsored

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
I hear you, but ford will never do anything regarding FP vehicles. They will only put in an effort on the vehicle they want to push like lightning's and mach-e's.

The whole allocation system is complete garbage and does nothing for brand loyalists or enthusiasts. It only helps those with the deepest pockets and forces customers to turn to dealers they may not be familiar of comfortable with.

OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
I hear you, but ford will never do anything regarding FP vehicles. They will only put in an effort on the vehicle they want to push like lightning's and mach-e's.

The whole allocation system is complete garbage and does nothing for brand loyalists or enthusiasts. It only helps those with the deepest pockets and forces customers to turn to dealers they may not be familiar of comfortable with.
Truth!

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That’s debate-able depending on the adm paid if someone chose’s to. I bought my reg 350 under msrp. Paid 7k over for my HepR. Didn’t have a second thought in paying it. Car is way north of what a paid with the adm and tax’s. I get not wanting to pay it. I wouldn‘t pay over 10k.. I probably would pay a 10k adm for a cftp. The reality is when you start getting in to the financial range of some of these cars 10k really doesn‘t matter. I didn’t purchase either of my cars with the anticipation of ever selling them, so for me down the road price isn’t a concern. For many because of professional lives and commitments the free time to enjoy these cars is a premium. Hard to put a price on that in my opinion. Life’s short.

OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
That’s debate-able depending on the adm paid if someone chose’s to. I bought my reg 350 under msrp. Paid 7k over for my HepR. Didn’t have a second thought in paying it. Car is way north of what a paid with the adm and tax’s. I get not wanting to pay it. I wouldn‘t pay over 10k.. I probably would pay a 10k adm for a cftp. The reality is when you start getting in to the financial range of some of these cars 10k really doesn‘t matter. I didn’t purchase either of my cars with the anticipation of ever selling them, so for me down the road price isn’t a concern. For many because of professional lives and commitments the free time to enjoy these cars is a premium. Hard to put a price on that in my opinion. Life’s short.
I can see that…. But to your point 10k for CFTP that I can understand very limited but NON CFTP 10-20k is absurd!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
actually both CEO of GM and Ford just made a statement to 'knock it off'. But waving around words like "penalties" is pointless unless the 'unless' has some vicious teeth in it. It would be downright trivial to read a list of the 20 worst offenders on national TV and say on camera, "we are refusing all of your dealer orders for the rest of the year. We'll see your sorry asses in court if you want to claim breach of contract or tortuous interference. We asked nicely, but you are continuing to bring material harm to our company, and it's brand."

They can further publicly praise folks like Chapman or Granger by name who do the consumer a solid and treat them fairly.

I'd love to see an actual dealership agreement. There's gotta be language akin to a morality clause and a right to terminate at Ford's sole discretion.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
actually both CEO of GM and Ford just made a statement to 'knock it off'. But waving around words like "penalties" is pointless unless the 'unless' has some vicious teeth in it. It would be downright trivial to read a list of the 20 worst offenders on national TV and say on camera, we are refusing all of your dealer orders for the rest of the year. We'll see your sorry asses in court if you want to claim breach of contract."

They can further publicly praise folks like Chapman or Granger by name who do the consumer a solid and treat them fairly.
Exactly, but I do believe Ford can and should do more.
But until then I think people should call out the dealerships. I am not blaming the sales men/women. But the owners/sales managers who are encouraging the behavior and have continued to push them higher. Go on autotrader its insane.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
actually both CEO of GM and Ford just made a statement to 'knock it off'. But waving around words like "penalties" is pointless unless the 'unless' has some vicious teeth in it. It would be downright trivial to read a list of the 20 worst offenders on national TV and say on camera, "we are refusing all of your dealer orders for the rest of the year. We'll see your sorry asses in court if you want to claim breach of contract."

I did a video a few weeks ago discussing this and I don't think ford wants to get bogged down with lawsuits from dealers, especially since ford has allowed this to go on for so long and now all the sudden they want to do something. If they do it for certain vehicles it puts them in a tight spot if they don't do it for all marked up vehicles.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If they do it for certain vehicles it puts them in a tight spot if they don't do it for all marked up vehicles.
simple, one size fits all. No charging over MSRP period. You are correct that the Bench will cast a baleful eye at Ford lawyers if the company has a practice of picking and choosing which dealer sins to overlook. And frankly if I was ford I'd take a giant bite out of dealer hides by slashing MSRP and collapsing available margin to a hard 4%.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
MSRP = manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price.

Ford has nothing to do with this. They sell the car to their customer (the dealership) and the dealership sells it for what the market bears.

Sorry, but I don't see this getting better anytime soon.

Find your best deal and either pay it or don't. Nothing really more to talk about.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
When the GT500s first came out, what was it, back around 2007, the local dealers were getting $20K over MSRP. When they continued to make them people were pissed as the ADM got lower and lower to the point of MSRP or even slightly under....tanking their values.
Sponsored