Sponsored

ADM Hell! Ford!!!!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Prosecuting what? Nothing illegal is being done. :facepalm:
Come now, serious sounding press releases is how you mollify the ignorant sheep and how reelection donations from industry groups are initiated. The grift must continue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Sold/ ‘22 Gt500 on order
Hi George. Have read through this thread and certainly understand your frustration. That said, it’s just another “ADM” thread of which we had hundreds over the years.

We are where we are and it sucks. There is no current recourse. If you really want the car do your due diligence, find the best deal, and buy it. If you cannot afford it or do not want to pay it that’s OK too. But there is no sense in going around and around this same topic. Until it changes, if ever, it is what it is. Time to move on.

PS. If you really want to get frustrated try buying a stainless steel Rolex anything. At least you can find a GT500.
appreciate it! Just wanted to discuss and share known frustration with current times. A lot of good points shared.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hi George. Have read through this thread and certainly understand your frustration. That said, it’s just another “ADM” thread of which we had hundreds over the years.

We are where we are and it sucks. There is no current recourse. If you really want the car do your due diligence, find the best deal, and buy it. If you cannot afford it or do not want to pay it that’s OK too. But there is no sense in going around and around this same topic. Until it changes, if ever, it is what it is. Time to move on.

PS. If you really want to get frustrated try buying a stainless steel Rolex anything. At least you can find a GT500.
All that is 100% true.

I'll reply to this off topic subject. I've been chasing my tail trying to buy various Rolex watches. My last pursuit was the green "hulk". I don't think it's made from stainless steel, I think it is a very rare steel made from a rare ore called unobtanium. Like the advice I have posted before, I wound up not getting the watch. The prices that people were getting did not make it worth it to me so I did not buy. I follow my own advice.

MCLOVIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
OP, just keep looking man. After they sit for a couple months the dealers will let them go at MSRP.

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Ford's latest "feign" about it is laughable. Ford knows exactly what they're doing and they were doing it BEFORE covid disruptions and before chip shortages.

It's frankly, pretty contra business practice to limit your product to the point that your vendors are charging MORE than MSRP.

From a sterile business view, you're leaving money on the table. Either you've mistakenly set the price too low, or you're choking yourself out of additional revenue and profits by not producing as many products as the market is OBVIOUSLY telling you it wants.

Imagine if you made a very desirable bottle of Scotch, but then you INTENTIONALLY limited production so that liquor stores were charging $200/bottle for something you were selling them at MSRP of $65/bottle. Most business managers would be fired for incompetence.

Even from the standpoint of the vendor/seller, it makes no sense. Ford dealerships would MUCH RATHER sell 5 GT500 track packs at MSRP than to sell 1 "Golden Ticket" at $25k above MSRP.

Some of the ADM's recently (beyond the specialty vehicles) is understandable and not Ford's creation, supply disruptions, chip shortages, etc.

But Ford was playing this stupid game before all that. They call a production slot for a GT500 TP a "Golden Ticket" for Christ's sake.

Marketing morons will yap about "halo" branding and blah blah blah, but in the end, Ford is hurting their own bottom line by intentionally choking production slots.

Christ, if 50,000 people WANT to buy a sasquatch Bronco or the new Raptor Bronco, then Ford should oblige them, and everyone wins, more consumers get those vehicles at better prices, the dealerships get all the benefits of higher sales numbers, financing, all the churn. Ford makes more money, everyone wins.

But instead, Ford intentionally chokes the supply to the point that you're stuck with ADM's.

When the market has adequate supply, dealers can't charge ADM's (successfully) because you'd laugh and walk to the next dealership and pay MSRP. But when the market is choked for supply, now it's not easy finding a dealer who's willing to part with the model because they have no idea when they might get another one.

The same principles apply to any market really. I remember firearm shops during the riots. They were selling firearms for RIDICULOUS prices. And who could blame them? One shop owner basically said "I'm not trying to screw anyone over, but I can't GET replacement supplies from the manufacturers, so if I sell that rifle, it's the last one I'll hang on the wall for who knows how long." Supply shortages almost make it so sellers are reticent to sell the damned item.

Shame on Ford. I don't buy this fake indignation bullshit from their leadership. They intentionally created this shit and they're STILL doing it. Regardless of covid or chip availability.

If you don't believe me, call up your dealer and tell them you want to buy a Raptor Bronco or a Sasquatch Bronco. See what they tell you. Ford is INTENTIONALLY limiting those production slots.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
"Investigating" is the correct word choice.
Where did this guy come from?

As bikeman said, no laws are being broken. There is nothing to investigate. Maybe we should investigate Rolex for their business practices. WTF, over?

silver86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Scenario from this past weekend...long post and not GT500 related for those that don't want to read on:

Took the wife car shopping (secretly I really wanted to test drive one of these Rubicon 392s). She has a '22 Bronco Outter Banks on order, but delays are starting to ramp up. Walked onto the Jeep lot (have purchased 3 before from this dealer: Wrangler Unlimited, SRT GC, and Cherokee [for my son]), right off the bat the salesman states, "all new Wranglers on the lot are $10K over sticker".

I shrug and she drives a new 4xe...which is surprisingly peppy and stable for a Wrangler, and we head back to the dealership:

Sales - "How'd you like it?"
Me - "We like it, but I don't pay over MSRP."
Sales - "Sorry, price if firm. We can order one, and there won't be an ADM on that."
Me - "I'll think about that, thanks"

We leave for lunch, which is when the text messages start:

Sales - "You want me to hold this Jeep and start the paperwork."
Me - "No thanks, I have a friend at another Jeep dealer, and they don't have a markup. They don't have any 4xe's in stock today, but have 2 coming in next week, and will not charge me an ADM"
Sales - "Sorry, but our price is firm."
Me - "Understood, thanks"

I have received at least one text message each day this week from the same dealer to the tune of "have you changed your mind about buying our Jeep?"

And I always reply, "not at +10K over, I haven't."

Someone may pay it, but I won't. Just be prepared to stick to your guns. The market is crazy. Hell, I bought my 2020 Redeye Widebody new in March of 2020 for $14K BELOW MSRP. And if I order any Jeeps from my friend, he's giving me $2k off sticker, go figure.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Ford's latest "feign" about it is laughable. Ford knows exactly what they're doing and they were doing it BEFORE covid disruptions and before chip shortages.

It's frankly, pretty contra business practice to limit your product to the point that your vendors are charging MORE than MSRP.

From a sterile business view, you're leaving money on the table. Either you've mistakenly set the price too low, or you're choking yourself out of additional revenue and profits by not producing as many products as the market is OBVIOUSLY telling you it wants.

Imagine if you made a very desirable bottle of Scotch, but then you INTENTIONALLY limited production so that liquor stores were charging $200/bottle for something you were selling them at MSRP of $65/bottle. Most business managers would be fired for incompetence.

Even from the standpoint of the vendor/seller, it makes no sense. Ford dealerships would MUCH RATHER sell 5 GT500 track packs at MSRP than to sell 1 "Golden Ticket" at $25k above MSRP.

Some of the ADM's recently (beyond the specialty vehicles) is understandable and not Ford's creation, supply disruptions, chip shortages, etc.

But Ford was playing this stupid game before all that. They call a production slot for a GT500 TP a "Golden Ticket" for Christ's sake.

Marketing morons will yap about "halo" branding and blah blah blah, but in the end, Ford is hurting their own bottom line by intentionally choking production slots.

Christ, if 50,000 people WANT to buy a sasquatch Bronco or the new Raptor Bronco, then Ford should oblige them, and everyone wins, more consumers get those vehicles at better prices, the dealerships get all the benefits of higher sales numbers, financing, all the churn. Ford makes more money, everyone wins.

But instead, Ford intentionally chokes the supply to the point that you're stuck with ADM's.

When the market has adequate supply, dealers can't charge ADM's (successfully) because you'd laugh and walk to the next dealership and pay MSRP. But when the market is choked for supply, now it's not easy finding a dealer who's willing to part with the model because they have no idea when they might get another one.

The same principles apply to any market really. I remember firearm shops during the riots. They were selling firearms for RIDICULOUS prices. And who could blame them? One shop owner basically said "I'm not trying to screw anyone over, but I can't GET replacement supplies from the manufacturers, so if I sell that rifle, it's the last one I'll hang on the wall for who knows how long." Supply shortages almost make it so sellers are reticent to sell the damned item.

Shame on Ford. I don't buy this fake indignation bullshit from their leadership. They intentionally created this shit and they're STILL doing it. Regardless of covid or chip availability.

If you don't believe me, call up your dealer and tell them you want to buy a Raptor Bronco or a Sasquatch Bronco. See what they tell you. Ford is INTENTIONALLY limiting those production slots.
Well put.

Bottom line, they are alienating customers. The GT500 and Bronco situation has left a pretty foul taste in this customer's mouth. Not to mention it looks like I'm headed for engine issues with my '19 F150 at 17K miles. I've always been pro-Ford for the most part, but as of right now they can pound sand as far as I'm concerned.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Scenario from this past weekend...long post and not GT500 related for those that don't want to read on:

Took the wife car shopping (secretly I really wanted to test drive one of these Rubicon 392s). She has a '22 Bronco Outter Banks on order, but delays are starting to ramp up. Walked onto the Jeep lot (have purchased 3 before from this dealer: Wrangler Unlimited, SRT GC, and Cherokee [for my son]), right off the bat the salesman states, "all new Wranglers on the lot are $10K over sticker".

I shrug and she drives a new 4xe...which is surprisingly peppy and stable for a Wrangler, and we head back to the dealership:

Sales - "How'd you like it?"
Me - "We like it, but I don't pay over MSRP."
Sales - "Sorry, price if firm. We can order one, and there won't be an ADM on that."
Me - "I'll think about that, thanks"

We leave for lunch, which is when the text messages start:

Sales - "You want me to hold this Jeep and start the paperwork."
Me - "No thanks, I have a friend at another Jeep dealer, and they don't have a markup. They don't have any 4xe's in stock today, but have 2 coming in next week, and will not charge me an ADM"
Sales - "Sorry, but our price is firm."
Me - "Understood, thanks"

I have received at least one text message each day this week from the same dealer to the tune of "have you changed your mind about buying our Jeep?"

And I always reply, "not at +10K over, I haven't."

Someone may pay it, but I won't. Just be prepared to stick to your guns. The market is crazy. Hell, I bought my 2020 Redeye Widebody new in March of 2020 for $14K BELOW MSRP. And if I order any Jeeps from my friend, he's giving me $2k off sticker, go figure.
Exactly! I have been getting these as well. They keep acting like im insane for not taking their deal…… a lot of messages saying 15k mark up is a great price, most people are paying 20k.

Im like unless your willing to come back to me with something closer msrp stop reaching out. Lose my number 😂😂

OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Well put.

Bottom line, they are alienating customers. The GT500 and Bronco situation has left a pretty foul taste in this customer's mouth. Not to mention it looks like I'm headed for engine issues with my '19 F150 at 17K miles. I've always been pro-Ford for the most part, but as of right now they can pound sand as far as I'm concerned.
unfortunately I don’t think they care about that and there are people that will continue just to pay these prices because for them the price is not an issue. It’s just like anything like PlayStation 5 or Rolex or Super Bowl tickets when the average ticket price is over $9000 yeah the casual fans not going to that. Again none of those industries care because at the end of the day someone is always willing to pay it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
unfortunately I don’t think they care about that and there are people that will continue just to pay these prices because for them the price is not an issue. It’s just like anything like PlayStation 5 or Rolex or Super Bowl tickets when the average ticket price is over $9000 yeah the casual fans not going to that. Again none of those industries care because at the end of the day someone is always willing to pay it.
Great. So we can close this thread now? If that is what you wish, then hit the report button and ask to do so. These ADM threads can get very ugly. Ive never seen one end well.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Where did this guy come from?

As bikeman said, no laws are being broken. There is nothing to investigate. Maybe we should investigate Rolex for their business practices. WTF, over?
Don’t ask Tom. He I can be very entertaining.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I have seen over that around here. Mach 1 are $5K ADM and Shelby’s are $30K over sticker
Glad to see you got your car!!! (finally) :like: Congrats.
Sponsored