Letter to FORD addressing ADM?

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
why yes, it is an individual dealership. But dealerships key off of what the mothership encourages or tacitly approves. Was there even a single Ford dealership that did the "right thing" rather than jump on the ADM bandwagon?

Did Ford pull any of their dealership heads in to read them the riot act about making the company look bad? Like it or not consumers associate dealership behavior with the manufacturer despite reams of legalese inuring the parent of legal liability vis-a-vis their badly behaved children.

I would guess that GM sent out a memo instructing their dealers to play nice or get a boot up their ass AKA allocations revoked.
There is at least 1 dealer who i know is selling his allocation at msrp for the gt500
Sponsored

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
There is at least 1 dealer who i know is selling his allocation at msrp for the gt500
You can make that at least 2 dealers. My dealer is also selling to me at MSRP. Anecdotally, I've read about a few other dealers as well.

They're out there. You just have to do the leg work. I called close to 100 dealers back in August of 2015 before I found my GT350 at MSRP.

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
Add me to the MSRP group. I put down a deposit and I'm just waiting for the order banks to open up.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Add me to the MSRP group. I put down a deposit and I'm just waiting for the order banks to open up.
What's the latest guess on when that will be?

Sponsored

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Yea, I've sent letters. Last time was on the Focus RS. They don't care if you've been a loyal Ford customer your whole life. They send you the same canned letter.
"Each dealership is independently owned and the dealers are allowed to adjust to the current market price." And the dealers don't care how many cars you bought from them in the past.

Then they stuck it to all the people that paid ADM on the RS's with the big head gasket fiasco. All of a sudden there were plenty of used RS's on the market and you could buy the new ones under MSRP.

Totally shitty situation for anyone that wants to buy one.

Isn't that the free market? Seams to me the dealer can do what they want and treat you how they want. If you don't like it you're free to shop somewhere else or switch to another brand. Obviously there is strong enough demand and loyalty to the brand they can get away with this without worrying about you walking. Sucks for sure, but what else can you do about it? Supply and demand...There's more people willing to pay more than not, so they will continue to do it. When enough people stop buying it will come down.......it can be tough if you're on the buyer side of the equation. Meanwhile there's happy dealers making extra $$$$. I don't see what people want Ford to do?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Fords pricing isn't fixed, so there is no incentive to do anything. Their msrp is suggested. Nothing more.

People want to buy cars at invoice but freak out when a dealer tries to make a little coin.
Everyone loves to attack dealers
Isn't that the free market? Seams to me the dealer can do what they want and treat you how they want. If you don't like it you're free to shop somewhere else or switch to another brand. Obviously there is strong enough demand and loyalty to the brand they can get away with this without worrying about you walking. Sucks for sure, but what else can you do about it? Supply and demand...There's more people willing to pay more than not, so they will continue to do it. When enough people stop buying it will come down.......it can be tough if you're on the buyer side of the equation. Meanwhile there's happy dealers making extra $$$$. I don't see what people want Ford to do?
I had that conversation with a Dodge dealer recently. They are/were sitting on 9 Demon Hellcats with a ridiculous markup. When I told them that they sold at Barrett Jackson for $135K, they just looked at me and said they were holding on to them. I asked them if they were a dealer or a collector?

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Everyone loves to attack dealers

I had that conversation with a Dodge dealer recently. They are/were sitting on 9 Demon Hellcats with a ridiculous markup. When I told them that they sold at Barrett Jackson for $135K, they just looked at me and said they were holding on to them. I asked them if they were a dealer or a collector?
Also some dealers want the car in the showroom just to show it. They don't actually mind if it doesn't sell. And I'm thinking that the ridiculous ADMs suggest Ford may have under priced the MSRP based on market demand.
Sponsored