A10 typical warm-up?

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
I dont think my trans has ever gotten up to temp in less than an hour during summer 😅 :facepalm:
It takes an insane amount of time..
Sponsored

OP
OP

Chuck2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1992 Mustang GT Vert.
I make sure to let the car warm up but the trans just takes an unusually long period of time to be ready to go. My turbo fox wouldn't take near as long but it did have a 4000 stall so that's a-lot of slipping. I'll just have get on the foot brake and do some mild hits to get some heat in it. I don't run it when it's in the 30s but I have noticed even on 60-70 degree days it's slow. Seems to be the norm.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
Driving in normal mode I don't think mine ever really warms up. In Sport+ it takes a while but it does warm up.

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Plus, don't these cars, ( with the A-10 have active shutters?) you would think that would AID in any cold weather warmup, but mine also takes almost 30 miles of driving to get it near operating temp, (180*) or so @ 60F. takes a lot longer when it's colder.

Mach1302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Dumb question here, so if you go in for a trans fluid change, how do they heat up the fluid to check it? Just drive it around? Takes forever to warm up.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Dumb question here, so if you go in for a trans fluid change, how do they heat up the fluid to check it? Just drive it around? Takes forever to warm up.
If they are a reputable shop. Otherwise they just tell you they did, charge for it and do nothing.

Anyway if you turn on the engine and let it warm up to 50 °C the fluid is just one letter/number lower, when it expands to full operating temperature the level will be right (checked this theory, read somewhere, on mine).
The proper procedure is for having the thermal bypass valve open and purge the air from the cooling system but that's beneficial only if you make repairs of that sort.
Sponsored