Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
My biggest complaint is the surging coming to a stop. Decel 20 mph,15 mph,10 mph, then around 5-7 mph car surges and if I don't get on brake quick I almost rear end car in front of me. Does it when it is HOT. If it did this all the time I would expect it. But it only does it when it wants to.
You hit the nail on the head. Mine does this same thing. Any other dual clutch or auto I’ve had slows the car down while it downshifts itself to a slow stop. This trans if not careful will randomly feel like it wants to take off and turns what should be light breaking into break to the floor don’t want to hit the car in front of me. I have been embarrassed at red lights knowing people are thinking why did he just come to a jointing stop at only 10mph. Just enough to be annoying but come on Ford it’s 2018.
Sponsored

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I have never had anything even close to this surging/flaring happen. Mine is stock and I have the 3.55 gear. When I first got the car, I thought the shifts were a little ragged but after 1000 miles or so, it behaved perfectly.

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have never had anything even close to this surging/flaring happen. Mine is stock and I have the 3.55 gear. When I first got the car, I thought the shifts were a little ragged but after 1000 miles or so, it behaved perfectly.
I just had something new happen that I have not experienced yet. I was leaving a parking lot a few minutes ago maybe rolling 5 mph and the car rev’d up to around 4500-5000 rpms but the car did not buck at all. Almost as if the trans put itself in neutral and as I was giving some throttle to roll it made it rev. I feel bad for the family walking beside my car as I have the Corsa Extreme.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
Mine does this as well, but it revs and wants to lunge forward. It happens after the car has been parked for hours, and when I leave my office I will cruise to the first stop sign, and not every day, but most days the car suddenly revs coming to a stop and wants to throw the car forward. It hasn't been a huge issue yet other than it's annoying as hell and I don't think a 2018 transmission should behave this way. On the other hand it could be dangerous for someone who is not expecting it to happen, and if they are a car length behind the car infront of them they could lunge into them. I have not taken it to the dealership yet, but this thing is far more quirky than my last BMW dual clutch transmission, and I thought that thing had a mind of it's own. I don't have the best luck with auto's...
my PP a10 GT did this when I first got it and I discovered it was rev matching when downshifting and causing the surge sensation. it has since stopped doing this and I can only assume it is because of the adaptive learning that was required. I have 1900 miles on the car now.

Sponsored

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
my PP a10 GT did this when I first got it and I discovered it was rev matching when downshifting and causing the surge sensation. it has since stopped doing this and I can only assume it is because of the adaptive learning that was required. I have 1900 miles on the car now.
I definitely get the downshift feeling. The aggressive rev and lunge comes leaving my office parking lot and never going past 15 mph because the first stop sign is a few hundred feet away. I just don’t think it would downshift at such a slow steady speed. Maybe it’s one of those things that confuses the trans. I have 6,000 miles and it still does it.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
I definitely get the downshift feeling. The aggressive rev and lunge comes leaving my office parking lot and never going past 15 mph because the first stop sign is a few hundred feet away. I just don’t think it would downshift at such a slow steady speed. Maybe it’s one of those things that confuses the trans. I have 6,000 miles and it still does it.
yeah, mine was doing it even as I came to a stop and was very annoying. I even started a thread here about it and several others mentioned they had the same issue.

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
yeah, mine was doing it even as I came to a stop and was very annoying. I even started a thread here about it and several others mentioned they had the same issue.
I’m pretty sure I saw your post on it before I became a member. Like you said it is just annoying. Not bad enough to take it in to the dealer. What I mentioned on another post is I wonder if the ZL1 has the exact same A10 with different calibration? I just don’t see a car like that being so good on the track having these kind of quirks.

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Mine did this ONCE with about 200 miles on the car, hasn't done it since. 800 miles now. EB btw
It is so sketchy. This was the first time for me so no worries yet. This trans does have some issues but the good outweighs the bad all day. I’m hoping as time turns, software updates will show themselves and we will all be happy campers.

Sponsored

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hoping that I don't have too many issues. Not planning on any HP upgrades. Just intake/exhaust for the noise.
You should be fine. The EB is a great motor. I came from three overly modded BMW’s before this car. There is not a thing maintenance wise that could happen to my Mustang, that I haven’t paid double or triple the amount on one of those. I looked into the Eco Boost and test drove one. This was my first V8 non truck and that was pretty much the deciding factor. You have a great car and in a perfect world I could buy both... maybe one day.

OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Update. Trans flare and hard downshifting eliminated through SCT device updates. Anyone else?

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Update. Trans flare and hard downshifting eliminated through SCT device updates. Anyone else?
Everything has been good on my end. Car drives much better since the updates. I'm getting my ProCharger kit installed and dyno tuned early January so I am excited about that...

OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Cool. Good to know. I figured this little shit would get sorted out. :).

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Cool. Good to know. I figured this little shit would get sorted out. :).
Yeah I am glad it wasn't anything other than the updates. I wish the car felt like it does WOT when driving like a normal person. It's almost like the trans begs you to go fast by not performing well at the low speeds and throttle input...
Sponsored