A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
My compressor was making the same noise I was reading everyone online was getting. Just got a quote back from ford for $2327. This seems pretty high to me but I really dont know. I am going to try and call ford here to see if they will help at all for this issue. Here is the quote itself.

Wow, that's high. I would try a different dealer.
Sponsored

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Hey fellas, does anyone know if there is any third party company who might have like a full AC replacement kit(compressor, lines, evap core, condensor,etc.) available with some form of warranty?

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Just got intermittent AC issue. Sounds like i'm lucky to have 84 month extended warranty. geez

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I ran the VIN on my 2015 on the NHSTA website and no air bag recall showed up. Only thing that comes up on mine is the door latch recall, so not sure what your dealership is finding in their system.
Technically it's not an air bag recall, it's a safety belt buckle tension sensor recall that could inadvertently deploy the air bag. It only applies to vehicle with build dates of August 18, 2014, to October 2, 2014, so yours may not be affected.

You can find the recalls explained on LMR website. 2015 Mustang Recall: Seat Belts - LMR.com

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Technically it's not an air bag recall, it's a safety belt buckle tension sensor recall that could inadvertently deploy the air bag. It only applies to vehicle with build dates of August 18, 2014, to October 2, 2014, so yours may not be affected.

You can find the recalls explained on LMR website. 2015 Mustang Recall: Seat Belts - LMR.com
Yep, my 2015 was built after that date range.

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Has anyone with a 2018 or higher had this issue yet?
My 2018 GT with 41,000 miles started giving me trouble today. The passenger side vents are blowing hot air while the driver side is cold as it should be. I will have to take it in to the dealer. Good thing I bought a Ford ESP for 8yrs/125K miles.

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
My 2018 GT with 41,000 miles started giving me trouble today. The passenger side vents are blowing hot air while the driver side is cold as it should be. I will have to take it in to the dealer. Good thing I bought a Ford ESP for 8yrs/125K miles.
Hmmmm........ that's the opposite of the usual evaporator leak symptom. It may just be a blend door actuator on the passenger side. Much cheaper and easier to fix!!

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Hmmmm........ that's the opposite of the usual evaporator leak symptom. It may just be a blend door actuator on the passenger side. Much cheaper and easier to fix!!
@Rod Schneider is that right? Well that is good to hear! Thank you. So is it even worth it to take it through warranty or would I be better off taking it to my local trusted shop and have them work on it? If this is something I can get fixed for under $500 I would rather avoid the dealership folks messing around with the car.

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Mine did this, then eventually (couple of weeks) it was all pretty warm. Evap core, dash out.

Sponsored

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
@Rod Schneider is that right? Well that is good to hear! Thank you. So is it even worth it to take it through warranty or would I be better off taking it to my local trusted shop and have them work on it? If this is something I can get fixed for under $500 I would rather avoid the dealership folks messing around with the car.
If it was me, I'd take it somewhere and have the refrigerant charge checked to see if it's still full. If it is, check the blend door. If the charge is low, it's probably the leak. If a shop does find the charge to be low, don't let them service it, take it to the dealer under warranty........

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
A little off topic. Does anybody know how to reset the blend doors?

I took one off by the blower motor resistor because it was the only way to get to the blower motor resistor. And I think it's just stuck halfway open. Because my drivers side is ice cold but the passenger side is just cool.

I tested it with it plugged in but not bolted down. It works but I think it's just not set in the right position.

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Later the better. Thankfully mine took a shit when I had 5 months of warranty left. There was no warning. Drove it to the track and parked it, a few hours later drove home no AC. A real bummer at 7k miles.
am at 7k right now myself its a 2017, ac trippin hot on driver side and cold on passenger side barely use the stupid car. thinking about getting rid of it first American car I own and probably the last!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
am at 7k right now myself its a 2017, ac trippin hot on driver side and cold on passenger side barely use the stupid car. thinking about getting rid of it first American car I own and probably the last!
Just because of the A/C?

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Just because of the A/C?
Lol yes!! Just sold that pos today got no patients for unreliable ppl or vehicles ive had lots of new cars with way more abuse and mileage and none of them gave a. Issue as big as this, why is it big? Maybe cuz its hoy wer i live and the stupid dealers want 2k and have to wait for ever for them to even fix it, this might be ok for you but this is totally unacceptable and the mustang will die if ford doesnt do something about this, this was my first try at an american car and it will be the last more than likely
Sponsored