Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
Just got my diagnosis, evaporator core $1775 Plus tax. F you Ford this is highway robbery. I'm going to start a war with them, I will continue to complain to them until they do the right thing. If you paid out of pocket keep your receipt incase they do a recall.
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
there wont be a recall on an a/c system. recalls are related to safety only.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
yep. my plan is to not own the car when my extended warranty expires.

Sponsored

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
Just got my diagnosis, evaporator core $1775 Plus tax. F you Ford this is highway robbery. I'm going to start a war with them, I will continue to complain to them until they do the right thing. If you paid out of pocket keep your receipt incase they do a recall.

Has Ford provided compensation (especially to owners with repeated repairs) to replace the evap core assembly free of charge after expiration of the warranty?

Has there been one instance of Ford honoring the warrrany for the evap core after its expiration?

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Looking online it looks like one reason the dealership repair cost is so high is because they are replacing the entire under dash assembly that includes the heater core, evap core, blend door, motors, etc. $400 part from Ford alone.
I found Universal Air Conditioner corp. part for $40. You just have to spend time opening up the box to swap it out if you go the DIY route. Knowing our luck, UAC is probably the OEM supplier putting out the low quality parts.

surfs1st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT
yep. my plan is to not own the car when my extended warranty expires.
I unloaded mine right as the standard warranty was about to expire. Really is sad, I liked the car, but not enough to deal with all the issues.

Swapped back to a BMW, 4 year warranty, free maintenance and if something goes wrong they give me a loaner no haggleing required.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
Can't beat that bimmer 4yr/50k mile worry free ownership. Their service is top notch too. Like u said, no questions asked for loaners on all work performed. Need new brake pads or a new light bulb? No problem, no charge

Sponsored

TetVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi. New guy on forum here but not new to Mustangs. First one was a 1966 3speed convertible , pony interior. Wish I still had it.

My 2016 GT with 6800 miles (retired now, just drive it for fun) just had the same problem a lot of you are experiencing. The evaporator went out. Like some here, the drivers side started blowing warm air and yesterday the A/C stopped blowing cold altogether.

Elder Ford in Tampa is ordering the evaporator and hopes to get it sometime next week and replace.

I went thru this evaporator leak before with a Lexus SUV out of warranty and it cost right at $2,000. Who knows, maybe the parts came from the same offshore low bidder.

At least this one is covered by Ford.

My 1966 still ranks as the most reliable, but it didn't have all the high tech stuff todays cars have - just an engine, transmission and an AM radio (no A/C).

My 2016 is the best driving, fastest stock from the factory Mustang I have owned. I'm keeping it but still not happy about this problem. I have a friend that bought a new z06 Corvette and has had more trouble with his than this one lone issue I have had so far. GM has their issues too apparently.

I hope Ford has upgraded the replacement evaporators since the originals were either poorly engineered, or manufactured, or both.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
May I join the party? :doh:

AC went out a few days ago while heading home from work and the outside temperature was around 125 F. I almost melted on the seat. For reference, the car milage is around 17K.

I'm glad this did not happen a couple weeks ago when the temp was...
Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 9.44.02 AM.png

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor
I think I'm running into the same. My system stopped working on a drive out of Phoenix to sedona AZ in traffic, wouldn't run for 30 minutes, I shut it off and went windows down. Before that it had been intermittent, really only cools if I have the car moving.

Calling dealer today to make an appt, 11200 miles on the clock :/

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Looking online it looks like one reason the dealership repair cost is so high is because they are replacing the entire under dash assembly that includes the heater core, evap core, blend door, motors, etc. $400 part from Ford alone.
I found Universal Air Conditioner corp. part for $40. You just have to spend time opening up the box to swap it out if you go the DIY route. Knowing our luck, UAC is probably the OEM supplier putting out the low quality parts.
The fix involves removing the entire dash and all associated parts in order to just access the HVAC box mounted to the firewall... it's very labor intensive which racks up most of the costs very fast...

I would suggest that anyone who has had to have this fix done (and DEFINITELY has had to have it fixed more than once) to go onto any of Ford's Social Media sites blast them there and blast them at any local event where they have Reps (car shows, signings, auto shows for new products, etc)... Ford doesn't come to these forums to see who's pissed about such repairs or faulty parts... the only way to get noticed is to hit them publicly by Social Media or create a website that outlines the facts and have multiple folks state their factual claims as well...

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
A little update on my 2017 European model.

I left my car with the dealer for the A/C issue. They kept it for 4 days (not counting the weekend). I just got it after having my evaporator replaced. The A/C works great, it blows ice cold air like never before! But most important they did a great job removing and putting back the dash. It seems absolutely perfect - at least for the time being. I took it for a long ride and there are no rattles at all. They assured me that I will have no problems. I hope it will stay that way on the long run.

Really satisfied with their work :thumbsup:
Sponsored