Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Whats happens when it happens again i talked to guys on their 3rd evap.
On M6G? I heard of early failures being replaced with the same new unit still with the defect. To the best of my knowledge, I do not recall hearing of someone being unlucky to have had two replacements beyond the original, but I’m sure Ford dealer stock rooms were full of the defective evaps at one time making the theory entirely possible.
Once they we’re aware that the issue was more widespread, the bad units were flushed out of the oem and parts supply chain, the issue was resolved.
I feel badly for the procurement person at Ford responsible for that production purchase and for all the owners that had to deal with it. Given what happened and how large their supply chain is I think they did a pretty good job. I’d imagine this was a small disaster for them. Mustang is very important to Ford. Now with a full Mustang “brand” probably even more so.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
On M6G? I heard of early failures being replaced with the same new unit still with the defect. To the best of my knowledge, I do not recall hearing of someone being unlucky to have had two replacements beyond the original, but I’m sure Ford dealer stock rooms were full of the defective evaps at one time making the theory entirely possible.
Once they we’re aware that the issue was more widespread, the bad units were flushed out of the oem and parts supply chain, the issue was resolved.
I feel badly for the procurement person at Ford responsible for that production purchase and for all the owners that had to deal with it. Given what happened and how large their supply chain is I think they did a pretty good job. I’d imagine this was a small disaster for them. Mustang is very important to Ford. Now with a full Mustang “brand” probably even more so.
It not just only ppl that have told me that they had to replace them more tha once techs that i talked adv me they have replaced them more than once on same cars and sometimes even brand new ones! So yea.. pass on that

TechGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Convertible - Magnetic
Not sure if this counts as a "necro" since this issue seems to be ongoing, but I believe I've just been inducted into the evaporator club and my search for answers has left me only with questions... my '16 has just under 23k on it and just started only blowing cold air from the passenger side.
If it is the evap core, does anyone here know if the extended warranty would cover it if I got the warranty today and took the car in next week? Other than that, I will have to go down the customer care route. Good thing I have a direct email from the call I had to make on the body panel corrosion right at my 3yr anniversary... :(

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Not sure if this counts as a "necro" since this issue seems to be ongoing, but I believe I've just been inducted into the evaporator club and my search for answers has left me only with questions... my '16 has just under 23k on it and just started only blowing cold air from the passenger side.
If it is the evap core, does anyone here know if the extended warranty would cover it if I got the warranty today and took the car in next week? Other than that, I will have to go down the customer care route. Good thing I have a direct email from the call I had to make on the body panel corrosion right at my 3yr anniversary... :(
That’s called a pre existing condition. Probably a lead time for claims as well. I’d go to the dealer, get diagnosed and then call Ford and ask for help. They were very good to me with this.

JayTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

I bought the extended warranty anticipating the evap core going and when it did the extended warranty covered the costs.

Sponsored

ly0316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Pre
Hi, I live in Houston too and my AC died yesterday... I'm out of warranty too, how did you fix your problem?
I used ac coolant with sealant, it fixed my car. So far about 3 years, it works fine. I only used it one time.

Jimayy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
I used ac coolant with sealant, it fixed my car. So far about 3 years, it works fine. I only used it one time.
I live in houston area too. So AC is a must. replaced my evap in Summer 2020 and it has survived the year so far. I took it all apart and did it at home. LINK Used forum resources and some youtube.
The coolant, adding more did work for a while for me but eventually i had to replace it. Car has been fine so far. It wasn't the hottest summer recently so I can't attest to long term since it will be window down weather soon here. Glad the fix worked for you. I tried first too, but I think the failure was more the 'fix a leak' could handle for me.

Keep rollin!

mfast4u

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max
Hi... My 2018 Expedition, 65k, has the same issue. Do you know if there is anyone attempting to go after Ford for the mess they've created?

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Hi... My 2018 Expedition, 65k, has the same issue. Do you know if there is anyone attempting to go after Ford for the mess they've created?
I have not heard of any class action lawsuit against Ford for the crappy evaporator issue ... but there should be. Typically car A/C evaporators never blow-out, but Fords blow-out over and over due to crap quality.

Sponsored

Jay4424

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaspal
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I have this issue with my 2017 Mustang gt whereby if I drive it for about 1 1/2 hours or longer the centre 3 vents give very slight temperatures disparities. The two on the left in the centre vents tend to get slightly cooler and the right side one remains at the temperature I set for example 20 degrees. I set it on auto. If I were to go to the dual option and change the driver or passenger side temps up or down then at the same temperature like 20 the system corrects itself. Is this normal with the climate control feature?
My climate control centre module has been replaced by the dealership and they said it’s normal to notice a slight difference of 2 degrees either way. I’ve never had this problem with previous cars and only wanted to find out the cause in case it was the dreaded evaporator on its way out but that is working fine according to the dealership. Is this normal?

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Just curious if anyone has had the AC not work from jump street? I bought my car early Jan this year, and just went to use the AC for the first time- blows hot air. In fact if I turn the AC button off, the air seems to get colder (do not have climate control). I will be calling the dealer tomorrow morning. Annoyed, because I was set to have the install done (not at dealer) on the FP calibration kit tomorrow. I best hold off on that so they can't blame that for this issue.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just curious if anyone has had the AC not work from jump street? I bought my car early Jan this year, and just went to use the AC for the first time- blows hot air. In fact if I turn the AC button off, the air seems to get colder (do not have climate control). I will be calling the dealer tomorrow morning. Annoyed, because I was set to have the install done (not at dealer) on the FP calibration kit tomorrow. I best hold off on that so they can't blame that for this issue.
From what you say (bold part), it might be a blend door problem.

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hmm... Well, hopefully its not something that will have them keeping the car more than a day. I love the car, but man I hate dealing with the dealers around here.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm... Well, hopefully its not something that will have them keeping the car more than a day. I love the car, but man I hate dealing with the dealers around here.
Have them check the AC system charge. If it's way down then it could be a leak some place.
Sponsored