Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Found it on Blue Oval Forums.

• Due to the global semiconductor shortage, customers taking delivery of some Explorer, Super Duty, Escape, Bronco Sport, Maverick, Mustang, or Medium Duty Truck must be informed that these vehicles are not equipped with the 4G LTE WiFi Hotspot, which provides the capability to use your vehicle as a WiFi hotspot, connecting up to 10 devices at a time. This feature is complimentary for a 3 month or 3GB trial period, whichever comes first, and requires a contract with AT&T thereafter. Note: no other FordPass Connect feature is impacted by this feature delete.
  • Vehicles that have had the 4G LTE WiFiHotspot feature removed from vehicleswill receive a $20 MSRP credit on thewindow label and vehicle invoice.
  • Future vehicle orders may have the 4G LTE WiFi Hotspot Feature Delete option added to avoid any delays in scheduling. The option code for this feature delete is:
    • 91W – Escape
    • 59W – Explorer
    • 19Z – Super Duty (XL and XLT models only)
    • 16W – Bronco Sport
    • 19W – Maverick
    • 17W – Mustang
    • 17W – Medium Duty Truck
  • Vehicles built with the 4G LTE WiFi Hotspot Feature Delete option will notbe retrofitted to add the capability in thefuture.
Sponsored

Aresek44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang, 2010 Ford Fusion, 2022 Mach 1 HP
Screenshot_20220818-200731_Drive.jpg

Finally got my window sticker after getting pushed out a week! Not sure if covoy is gonna be better than rail getting to Chapman

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Found it on Blue Oval Forums.

• Due to the global semiconductor shortage, customers taking delivery of some Explorer, Super Duty, Escape, Bronco Sport, Maverick, Mustang, or Medium Duty Truck must be informed that these vehicles are not equipped with the 4G LTE WiFi Hotspot, which provides the capability to use your vehicle as a WiFi hotspot, connecting up to 10 devices at a time. This feature is complimentary for a 3 month or 3GB trial period, whichever comes first, and requires a contract with AT&T thereafter. Note: no other FordPass Connect feature is impacted by this feature delete.
  • Vehicles that have had the 4G LTE WiFiHotspot feature removed from vehicleswill receive a $20 MSRP credit on thewindow label and vehicle invoice.
  • Future vehicle orders may have the 4G LTE WiFi Hotspot Feature Delete option added to avoid any delays in scheduling. The option code for this feature delete is:
    • 91W – Escape
    • 59W – Explorer
    • 19Z – Super Duty (XL and XLT models only)
    • 16W – Bronco Sport
    • 19W – Maverick
    • 17W – Mustang
    • 17W – Medium Duty Truck
  • Vehicles built with the 4G LTE WiFi Hotspot Feature Delete option will notbe retrofitted to add the capability in thefuture.
Well, that's a new twist. I would happily forego their POS 4G LTE radio to get my ride sooner. My 5G fone is a better hotspot anyway.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Screenshot_20220818-200731_Drive.jpg

Finally got my window sticker after getting pushed out a week! Not sure if covoy is gonna be better than rail getting to Chapman
Chances are it will convoy to the CSX rail yard, then travel via train to a another rail yard close to your dealer, then be carried via truck to your dealer.

The only cars that are listed as RAIL are the ones shipped via a rail spur inside the Flat Rock plant. The rest travel via CONVOY truck to a nearby rail yard.

From what I can tell, West of the Mississippi ship via Southern Pacific. Some mid-West like mine, going to Granger Iowa, travel via Norfolk Southern. All Eastern shipments go CSX. If you are lucky enough to be withing 250 miles or so of Flat Rock, it goes via truck CONVOY only.

Mine shipped from Flat Rock to Melvindale, MI 8/5 via Precision Vehicle Logistics truck, on to Kansas City via Norfolk Southern train, then to delivered to Granger Motors in Granger Iowa via truck on 8/16.

Last edited:

ironsides

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Ford fiesta
So about a week ago anthony from ford performance siad there was a flag on my order and i should have my dealer check into it, He said that might be the reason im not getting scheduled, my dealer checked said it had to do with the hotspot so they removed it. A week later i get scheduled, i dont know if it had anything to do with it but possibly

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I think you are correct, it is set up for the street. But because of the tire design of the cup 2, once you change tires to a street tire, the alignment is necessary. Im going to have my car aligned now that the cup 2's are off, and will report back if any adjustments were needed.
I've had no issues with the alignment that came with the car with the PS4S tires on. Drives perfectly straight with no weird jerks or anything.
The day I brought Skye home I removed the factory rims/tires and installed 19x10 square with 285/35/19 A/S tires. Tires have been kept at 33psi/2.27 bar.

I continue to use the alignment the car came with.

Zero issues of any kind. Car drives just fine.

At 250 miles/400 km, I measured the treads. On the inner and outer edges, there was 1/64th inch/.5 mm less tread on all four tires. I expected a bit additional wear on the edges, from turning, suspension travel, leading edges, etc.

I intend to keep as-is and re-measure every 250 miles/400 km.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
The day I brought Skye home I removed the factory rims/tires and installed 19x10 square with 285/35/19 A/S tires. Tires have been kept at 33psi/2.27 bar.

I continue to use the alignment the car came with.

Zero issues of any kind. Car drives just fine.

At 250 miles/400 km, I measured the treads. On the inner and outer edges, there was 1/64th inch/.5 mm less tread on all four tires. I expected a bit additional wear on the edges, from turning, suspension travel, leading edges, etc.

I intend to keep as-is and re-measure every 250 miles/400 km.
Thanks for the information, we roughly the same miles. I will check mine this weekend.

Ponykixx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I got this email from Ford. I would have -still- been in a holding pattern. I still check in here every once in a while. Glad to see some of you guys getting your cars. Here’s the email - hope no one else got it…

“As promised, we want to update you on the status of your Mustang Mach 1 order. We are still experiencing delays due to the supply chain challenges that Ford and our industry are facing at this time.

Please understand that while getting your vehicle into production is taking longer than usual, we are doing all we can to minimize the delays.

There’s nothing we want more than to deliver your new Mustang Mach 1. We are fully committed to keeping you updated on your vehicle’s status, and will let you know as more information becomes available. We apologize for any inconvenience, and truly appreciate your patience and understanding.”

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I got this email from Ford. I would have -still- been in a holding pattern. I still check in here every once in a while. Glad to see some of you guys getting your cars. Here’s the email - hope no one else got it…

“As promised, we want to update you on the status of your Mustang Mach 1 order. We are still experiencing delays due to the supply chain challenges that Ford and our industry are facing at this time.

Please understand that while getting your vehicle into production is taking longer than usual, we are doing all we can to minimize the delays.

There’s nothing we want more than to deliver your new Mustang Mach 1. We are fully committed to keeping you updated on your vehicle’s status, and will let you know as more information becomes available. We apologize for any inconvenience, and truly appreciate your patience and understanding.”
Glad you are still dropping by David.

Sponsored

JadeGrenade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
'22 Eruption Green Mach 1 HP (on order)
I got a similar email too. :( My car is currently "in production" and the blend date was last Friday, but it still doesn't say Built yet. I'm hoping the car isn't stuck in production. It would be nice to actually get the car before the weather gets cold enough to turn the Cup 2s into hockey pucks.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I got a similar email too. :( My car is currently "in production" and the blend date was last Friday, but it still doesn't say Built yet. I'm hoping the car isn't stuck in production. It would be nice to actually get the car before the weather gets cold enough to turn the Cup 2s into hockey pucks.
Where in NC are you located Zack?

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP

Yup, I got that email last night as well, I’m assuming regarding my order from last November that is still unscheduled. Meanwhile, my other order that I placed in June is scheduled for Sept. 7, go figure.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
I wouldn’t be too worried. Honestly it doesn’t make sense that you would even get that email. My guess is it’s an automated email that was sent out to anyone with pending orders, so being that yours is in production it’s probably on schedule.

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP

I got the same dreaded update Email today as well. It was exactly five months ago to the day that I received the first canned update.
Sponsored