2022 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
i dont understand the M1 allocation thing. did they mention how many a month they get or have been getting? i did not think there was an official allocation process for M1s. Meaning like the GT500. i doubt the number is more than 10 that is for sure.
There is only an allocation number on dealer stock orders, retail customer orders are/were not restricted, though Ford tries to spread them around when scheduling.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Im almost sure the resale value will be far greater for the cars with hp package than the ones without
sure thing. 1000 bucks. if you're lucky. I would be surprised if 1 in 100 even knew what a 'HP' was if they were surveying Mach 1's on a used car lot.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
sure thing. 1000 bucks. if you're lucky. I would be surprised if 1 in 100 even knew what a 'HP' was if they were surveying Mach 1's on a used car lot.
Yeah, I don't think it'll be a big price difference considering a buyer can just add it after the fact themselves if they want it that badly. Not to mention 95% of Mach 1s will likely be road queens and never see a track anyway.

That said, if you're buying a Mustang for resale value — why? You might as well go buy a GT350 or GT500, or something else entirely if that's what you're after.

quickDraw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1
i dont understand the M1 allocation thing. did they mention how many a month they get or have been getting? i did not think there was an official allocation process for M1s. Meaning like the GT500. i doubt the number is more than 10 that is for sure.
Got a response back from Granger regarding the allocations. All of the mustangs (Mach 1's and GT's) are grouped together. They had 14 allocations last month and 16 this month. But they did not say how many of those were M1's and how many were GT's. I bet it changes from month to month. Hopefully they will continue to get 14 or more allocations in May, June, etc so we can get our cars soon. Ultimately it's up to Ford to decide how many Mustangs a dealer gets and how many of each model they get.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Got a response back from Granger regarding the allocations. All of the mustangs (Mach 1's and GT's) are grouped together. They had 14 allocations last month and 16 this month.
huh, so a dealer can't just place 100 customer orders (not dealer stocking) because they say so? What kind of crap is this? Ford needs to pull their head out of their ass. So what if Granger booked every Mach1 ever ordered. That's their prerogative for being the best dealer on the planet.

Sponsored

Doc Holladay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Lariat; 2020 Subaru Forester
Finally got a build date. June 27th. Later than what I was hoping for but I’ll take it.
Received the same email, build starts the week of Jun 27. Just curious, what was your priority #, mine was 19.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
huh, so a dealer can't just place 100 customer orders (not dealer stocking) because they say so? What kind of crap is this? Ford needs to pull their head out of their ass. So what if Granger booked every Mach1 ever ordered. That's their prerogative for being the best dealer on the planet.
In normal times, I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue. The aftermath off the freaking virus and incompetence caused mega-inflation is really F-ing things up. If things get back to "normal" it wouldn't be a big deal, but the Flat Rock Plant has been closed 30% of the weeks available so far this year. The weeks they have been running might probably weren't all at full production level either.

JMach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jermey
Vehicle(s)
2023, F-150 STX, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2022 Mach 1
Currently, number 29 at Granger. Order confirmed 3/3.

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
I am really glad I bought an in stock 2021 Mach 1 (M6055) in Feb 22 instead of waiting for the 2022 that I ordered through Granger on 11/1/21. Still no VIN, no scheduled June date in the last batch of scheduling. To paraphrase an old saying, "A car in the garage is worth two on order".

The earliest I would have gotten the 2022 is Aug, a minimum of 10 months for a non-HP Mach 1. If this is the new way Ford wants me to buy their product, no thanks!

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I don’t think it is exclusive to the mustangs. All dealerships get a certain number of allocations and once they hit that I believe they are capped for that month if that makes sense.

Someone will have to ping Zach @granger to be sure but I can’t remember his name and on my phone it doesn’t populate for some reason. Would be just total monthly vehicles. I know one of the reasons some dealers don’t mark up or sell under msrp are to increase allocation as well, however, I definitely am not sure how that allocation number changes if it is based off each quarter sales # or if it’s a yearly thing.

Sponsored

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
Requested and update 4/14 from Granger and was told that it is still awaiting shipment.
Decided to call Ford Customer Service. Status shows built 1/27 and ready to ship. The car is on Stop Ship a status the rep was not familiar with. It is now showing shipment 4/17 to 4/23. So we wait until then to see what happens. 5th recommit on the ship date. Really not acceptable from a customer perspective.
Well pushed yet again. Now before 5/2. This is getting frustrating. Car was built 1/14 and ready to ship 1/31. No excuse for Ford to hold the car 3 months and not give the customer updates. The Customer Service line connects you to marketing and they know very little beyond what the computer says. Crazy.

Per the tracking tool...
"Your vehicle has been built and we are arranging shipment to your dealer. This step could take a few days to a week. Select the "Learn About Your Vehicle" link for information and videos about your new vehicle."

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Got a response back from Granger regarding the allocations. All of the mustangs (Mach 1's and GT's) are grouped together. They had 14 allocations last month and 16 this month. But they did not say how many of those were M1's and how many were GT's. I bet it changes from month to month. Hopefully they will continue to get 14 or more allocations in May, June, etc so we can get our cars soon. Ultimately it's up to Ford to decide how many Mustangs a dealer gets and how many of each model they get.
I just posted and didn’t want to edit but I couldn’t remember for sure if it was vehicle specific. I thought it was just total allocations how the last person I knew who used to be a sales manager was talking to me about it albeit I didn’t ask him to get into specifics cause I didn’t sell cars and didn’t care as much about that.

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
I vaguely remember how @Zach@Granger explained and I doubt any dealer is going to give away their recipe in a public forum. Remember that we are not the ones buying from Ford, but the sales are between Ford and the dealer (the dealer then sells the car to us). I assume how Ford allocates on what each dealer gets is ultimately based on economics: The more you buy from me (Ford), the more merchandise I reserve for you (dealer)

jrpav

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1, '71 Mach 1, '00 SLK-230, '73 Opel GT
sure but it's not like the parts can't be found elsewhere for quite a bit less. Heck, Why saddle your car with lead weight wheels when you can buy LMR's far better items? Cup2 from the factory is just stupid but Ford is counting on "ooohhh Cup2 tires" somehow being an asset instead of a liability that has to be shed and replaced with something far more sensible. The dollar delta between PS4S and Cup2 is hardly worth anything and yet you get hammered for it in the pocketbook.

Why would anyone want Ford's "camber plates" when Vorshlag or BMR or J&M are superior and hardly expensive? Why would you care about 5% more spring rate when the "correct" springs for purpose are 30% stiffer? Ditto rollbars.

The HP only makes sense for people who don't know any better that Ford parts are inferior to task.

So if you're worried about getting your HP order satisfied, you have to ask yourself, why am I stuck on inferior factory parts and running the additional risk of cancellation? I got a set of M1 wheel liners and the grotesquely overpriced HP front fender lips thru the aftermarket without any drama. I'll probably slap the lips on my EB and buy wider fenders in aluminum for GT.

The point being it's EASY and not all that expensive to 'build' a HP car from a non-HP.
So this is all true and I agree with you completely however: I bought mine with the HP for a slightly different reason. I'm a big fan of the 60's and 70's muscle cars. I have a '71 Mach which I bought used and abused. I'm restoring it now. I always wondered what the guy who bought it new was thinking when he selected the options...
Well, when I heard that Ford was making Mach 1's again, I HAD to go fill out the option sheet my way. :blush:

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Received the same email, build starts the week of Jun 27. Just curious, what was your priority #, mine was 19.
I believe mine was 17 when I ordered it. No idea now though.
Sponsored