2022 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

davtpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I don't plan on racing this on the streets so a manual will keep me more engaged to the car. Probably track 1-4 times a year.
Even if I wanted one, I still wouldn’t buy a gt500 due to the silly knob auto.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
Has anyone waiting tried calling or emailing Ford Performance today? I'm wondering if they could see VIN's or a change in status from "Unscheduled" to "Scheduled" without knowing the build date. Just because Ford apparently stopped sending out email notices when your can gets scheduled, wouldn't it still show if your status changed?

I just checked and mine is still "Unscheduled" but, I'd be interested if anyone had their status change, or if they didn't bother scheduling this week due to next week's shutdown.
I chatted them this morning. I’m still unscheduled.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I chatted them this morning. I’m still unscheduled.
I'm assuming they put a hold on scheduling until they find out how long the plant is going to be down.

In other news, CA DMV beat the heck out of Ford and sent me my personalized plate today. I ordered my M1 and the plates about a week apart, and had heard the DMV had up to 8 months of backlog.
Had to put it on my 2004 V6 Mustang with a frame that reads:

I KNOW IT'S NOT A
22mach1.jpg

NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Last edited:

BGTCLE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2022 Mach 1 Eruption Green 6MT
I ordered a vehicle pre-COVID. Went to the dealer, did the business of specs and wants for the ordering process. I waited and waited and waited. I was given the vin and regular BS emails. Come to find out in the end the dealer made the order through the dealership which was subjected to the allocations and commodity process. Oh they attached my name to it as pre sold and with my email, but it wasn’t a customer order if that makes sense. I saw it on the shipping papers left inside the car at pickup because it was closing time on a long weekend when if finally arrived. I just wonder, not as an expert of course, that some of you are experiencing similar things. It would account for why some are jumping in front of others without reason. Like I said, I’m not an expert but I did have similar issue. Don’t kill your dealer in my name, but the problem might not be with big Ford. But then again!
I think that's what happened to me, my dealer didn't have sufficient allocation, so I'm at the bottom of the list. My dealer is in rural Montana, and I know there are 3 other orders from that dealer, including a GT500.

Ultimately though, Ford has the ability to control its dealers if it wants to do so. They just don't care. Look at the markups on broncos and the crazy things dealers are doing.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
From what I've read on other sites with insiders, allocation doesn't have much effect on Customer Retail Orders, only wholesale dealer stock orders. Retail orders go up against other Retail orders and their priority numbers. Most of us have received confirmation emails directly from Ford, and our names are attached to the orders unlike OldSchool270's order. Those of us with Mach 1 Handling Pack cars were on HOLD until about 4 weeks ago, and have only been CLEAR for one week of scheduling.

I knew my M1 wouldn't even be able to be scheduled until April, mine is in a late available color too. With the number of orders, including 2021 Canceled orders in front of me, I figured a May Build Date, June pickup would be Best Case Scenario. I don't think any of us, including Ford figured the supply chain would still be so screwed up this long. I'm now hoping to have mine by Independence Day, but will be happy as hell getting it before football season.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
To all those who got their orders canceled last year and are now seeing others jump ahead of you, let me say that I understand your frustration with Ford. I don’t understand why you guys were not prioritized. My only remote experience like this was when the Mini Cooper S that I ordered got destroyed by the truck carrier. It took a couple of months for Mini to get me a replacement all the way from the UK. Right now Porsche is prioritizing the orders for those owners who lost their cars in the ship fire. I remember last year that Ford said something to the effect to prioritize the canceled orders (I may be wrong). In any event that is not a good way to keep long term clients happy
I’m still rather dishesrtened Ford isn’t doing anything for the cancelled orders. Swag bag, price holding, something.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
From what I've read on other sites with insiders, allocation doesn't have much effect on Customer Retail Orders, only wholesale dealer stock orders. Retail orders go up against other Retail orders and their priority numbers. Most of us have received confirmation emails directly from Ford, and our names are attached to the orders unlike OldSchool270's order. Those of us with Mach 1 Handling Pack cars were on HOLD until about 4 weeks ago, and have only been CLEAR for one week of scheduling.

I knew my M1 wouldn't even be able to be scheduled until April, mine is in a late available color too. With the number of orders, including 2021 Canceled orders in front of me, I figured a May Build Date, June pickup would be Best Case Scenario. I don't think any of us, including Ford figured the supply chain would still be so screwed up this long. I'm now hoping to have mine by Independence Day, but will be happy as hell getting it before football season.
Only comment here is, some were well damn aware supply wasn’t going to be getting better, or at least significantly better.

I do think Ford had a better grasp this year, they knew they’d have to have a big April shutdown a month or two ago, hence waiting to schedule the HP cars. I do wish the first week or two they’d only produce those to catch up, or at least through all available hp parts till they run out of something.

BGTCLE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2022 Mach 1 Eruption Green 6MT

It may not be an allocation issue, true, but it's a serious issue. Someone here posted about ordering March 10 and getting a May 2 build week. That's just pure contempt for every early order, no possible excuse.

I hate bitching and moaning, it's my dumb fault for ordering from the company with the worst possibly track record. It's just so deeply disappointing. This was supposed to be fun, now it's just torture.

Good luck to you all, I can't keep obsessing over this. Hope you all get build emails tonight for May and are driving soon.

GT350 deuce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 FJG; 2020 GT350 Heritage
I’m still rather dishesrtened Ford isn’t doing anything for the cancelled orders. Swag bag, price holding, something.
bronco orders that were canceled have gotten swag...but not mach 1 canceled orders

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
how many units does Bronco move in a year?
Ford sold 116,227 Bronco in 2021

I think we should just be happy Ford makes any Mustangs at all, let alone M1.

Sponsored

W0rkH0rse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2017 Explorer Platinum
Check with your dealer. I asked mine and learned that I am getting a rebate.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Check with your dealer. I asked mine and learned that I am getting a rebate.
I mean, they are holding prices, but thats it as far as Granger has let me know.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
All Mach 1s say gt perf pack I believe
All M1’s are Performance Pack by default. HP is just an add-on of bigger wheels and tires with spring, and bar tuning to optimize them and a spoiler change out. After that, they tune the auto nanny’s for the bigger tires as well. It’s all about equipment optimization with the M1. Each M1 is track optimized for the manner it’s equipped. I could imagine the HP stuff being a hoot on the track with all that extra rubber.

Last edited:

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I mean, they are holding prices, but thats it as far as Granger has let me know.
Yes, if you are a registered Retail Order customer and got the first confirmation email from Ford, or a reasonable facsimile, your price is fixed. They should have made special provisions for 2021 canceled orders who reordered, like fixing the price to their original 2021 price, at the very least.
Sponsored