quickDraw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1
Well guys, unfortunately- I’m out.

I didn’t find a different Mach 1 or switch to a totally different car.
While it’s true that I was frustrated - ordered on 10/15/21 and never moved beyond “confirmed order”, I was prepared to wait it out.

My first car was a ‘68 GT, and since I’m 63, I thought my last car should be a Mustang.
But not just any Mustang - a Mach 1.
I’ve never special ordered a car before, so this was an extra treat for me.
Handling Package, fancy stereo, rear seat delete, leather Recaro’s on and on.

…. then I got a call from my Doctor … I’m stage 3 cancer.
So instead of waiting for my car to be built, I’m waiting in line at the hospital….. guess it wasn’t meant to be.

Since I don’t know if I’ll be around before I could pay off the car … I bowed out.
The Sales Manager was very understanding, getting my whole $500 deposit back. He even said he would like to keep the order open, and after the car comes in - he would let me take it for a long test drive. Very thoughtful, but then again, I thought it would be hard to pry my hands off the steering wheel. I told him it was up to him, but I wouldn’t be taking the car. I told him how everyone is chomping at the bit for an HP car and he would have no trouble selling it.
But in the end, it was cancelled.

Still hoping everyone gets the car they ordered.

Do a burnout for me, if you think about it.

Stay on top of your health, so you can enjoy your car for a long, long time.

I’ll stop back by from time to time.

Peace out.
Very sorry to hear that you have cancer. There are so many new treatments now that there's gonna be one for you. Lots of people beat cancer and you can too. You have all us on this forum pulling and praying for you so that one day you can enjoy a Mach 1. Stay strong, have faith, and I pray that you'll be writing us all one day that you beat it. Hang in there.
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
this is the response I keep getting from ford performance
F28B6493-E365-4F7E-8260-B1CAAEBB5190.png

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Last edited:

SloppyTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 Race Red
I'm not into Green, but it's not bad.

Sponsored

Mach1Scott0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 Lariat, 2021 Mach 1 Hp Shadow Black

TomKat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Mustang
The Ford tracker shows my car is in production, does that mean when the plant is shut down it is just hanging out on the line? When they say "Shut Down" what do the employees do??

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Did everyone who had their production date moved from 6/27 to 6/20 and back to 6/27 get an email for each change, or did you have to contact Ford Performance? I got the one email changing it to 6/20 but didn't get a second one pushing it back a week like others did.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
No black wheel lip molding up front? With the wide tires it's kind of a must. I know you can buy it separately, but it says it is included.
It is sent separately to the dealer to be installed by a tech prior to customer taking delivery of vehicle unless said customer does not want it installed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Did everyone who had their production date moved from 6/27 to 6/20 and back to 6/27 get an email for each change, or did you have to contact Ford Performance? I got the one email changing it to 6/20 but didn't get a second one pushing it back a week like others did.
I received an email for all changes.

Lords4d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2018 F-150 3.5 EB
Man, if that EG Mach 1 was a 6 speed I would jump on it just to avoid this seemingly endless wait. Went to the first Cars and Coffee of the year last Sunday (in NH) and now I've lost all patience. The wait was much easier when there was snow on the ground...

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
When they say "Shut Down" what do the employees do??
i imagine most of them are home, likely disassembling their personal cars and putting them back together to keep their skills honed. its how UAW line workers are able to produce our cars to such a high build quality. they eat, sleep, breathe this stuff! no days off!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
When they say "Shut Down" what do the employees do??
drink beer on the couch I reckon. Though it would be nice if they were bused over to plants nearby and put on the QA line since the Detroit School of the Blind is unable to churn out enough interns to keep the Ford Quality Team fully staffed.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
No black wheel lip molding up front? With the wide tires it's kind of a must. I know you can buy it separately, but it says it is included.
it is, but the Pre-sales Prep team probably hasn't a clue to even go back into the Parts department and ask for the box parts sitting unclaimed. I guess the front splitter is a tad too big to overlook so easily.
Sponsored