Mossirok

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hello Everyone,

I have been a member for a while, but this is my first post, so forgive me if I violate any forum decorum. I just finished my first dyno tune, and things went very well. I thought I would share my results and build with anyone with questions about the system or anything related. Let's start with the car. When I first bought the car, it had 4 miles on it; I wanted something fun and didn't plan to do anything crazy with it. But here we are. Feel free to recommend supporting mods you feel are necessary or suitable for the car. I know Calimer Stage 2 is required at a minimum (working on it, lol). If you have any questions please ask in the comments since other people may also have the same question. Thank you.

2020 Mustang GT PP1
MT82
3.73 Rear End
ESS G3X with G3 Intercooler
100mm Pulley
FIC1000H Injectors
Fore Innovations L1E with 2x274 Pumps.
E85 Tuned
Stainless Power Headers w/ the cats they come with
Corsa Extreme with Double Helix
Corsa Pro Resonators
McLeod RXT Clutch
Steeda Progressive Rate Springs
Steeda Stop the Hop
IMRC Delete
Velgen VF5 20x10 ET34 in Front
Nitto NT555G2 275/45/20
Velgen VF5 20x11 ET52 in Rear
Nitto NT555G2 315/35/20
20231201_124059.jpg

The thing to measure torque was giving us issues all morning. There was some knock on the top end that was pulling timing (it might be the header hitting the body or a charge pipe moving around).
Pic1.jpg

Thanks - Mike
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Hello Everyone,

I have been a member for a while, but this is my first post, so forgive me if I violate any forum decorum. I just finished my first dyno tune, and things went very well. I thought I would share my results and build with anyone with questions about the system or anything related. Let's start with the car. When I first bought the car, it had 4 miles on it; I wanted something fun and didn't plan to do anything crazy with it. But here we are. Feel free to recommend supporting mods you feel are necessary or suitable for the car. I know Calimer Stage 2 is required at a minimum (working on it, lol). If you have any questions please ask in the comments since other people may also have the same question. Thank you.

2020 Mustang GT PP1
MT82
3.73 Rear End
ESS G3X with G3 Intercooler
100mm Pulley
FIC1000H Injectors
Fore Innovations L1E with 2x274 Pumps.
E85 Tuned
Stainless Power Headers w/ the cats they come with
Corsa Extreme with Double Helix
Corsa Pro Resonators
McLeod RXT Clutch
Steeda Progressive Rate Springs
Steeda Stop the Hop
IMRC Delete
Velgen VF5 20x10 ET34 in Front
Nitto NT555G2 275/45/20
Velgen VF5 20x11 ET52 in Rear
Nitto NT555G2 315/35/20
20231201_124059.jpg

The thing to measure torque was giving us issues all morning. There was some knock on the top end that was pulling timing (it might be the header hitting the body or a charge pipe moving around).
Pic1.jpg

Thanks - Mike
Nice looking car and great HP/TQ. Question, How do your tires hook up? I am researching the stickiest Summer only tires for the street. Thanks

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Power looks good to me. Nice ride! Personally I wouldn't sweat replacing the trans unless you trash it. Everyone says you have too but plenty also live long lives with boost. And yours is new enough it has the updated shift forks. Mines an early 19 and I was sure I would grenade it quick but almost 96k miles and turbo'd for half of that and still loving 8k shifts every day. Enjoy!

OP
OP

Mossirok

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Nice looking car and great HP/TQ. Question, How do your tires hook up? I am researching the stickiest Summer only tires for the street. Thanks
NA they hooked great - as soon as the system was installed = NO TRACTION above 4500. I tried some logs on the street and almost ended in the ditch a couple times. NT555 R2s are replacing the G2's in the rear.

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
NA they hooked great - as soon as the system was installed = NO TRACTION above 4500. I tried some logs on the street and almost ended in the ditch a couple times. NT555 R2s are replacing the G2's in the rear.
Good power. I'd skip the 555s and go to ETR, I was similar power on a paxton. I could hook up on a well prepped track with the 555s, on the street was difficult. The ETRs were able to hook up at higher power levels, and even with a little nitrous on good concrete (all from a roll though, 45ish mph).

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Did you consider the Toyo R888R?

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Looks like that car should be a blast! My only concern are those Stainless power cats.... Depending how you drive, they may not last long and could cause some serious problems.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mossirok

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Looks like that car should be a blast! My only concern are those Stainless power cats.... Depending how you drive, they may not last long and could cause some serious problems.
What kind of problems would that create?

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
What kind of problems would that create?
When they fail the cat falls apart and clogs up the exhaust. When that happens under boost it's a bad day for the engine. Do some searching on it and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
When they fail the cat falls apart and clogs up the exhaust. When that happens under boost it's a bad day for the engine. Do some searching on it and you'll see what I'm talking about.
To avoid this issue & still keep the cats, what would be the fix? Boost activated cut outs?
Sponsored