Sponsored

2020 Mach 1!

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Levine cleaned up his tweet saying its a high performance battery electric SUV inspired by a sports car and utility. Guess that help? Hope it’s not like the ugly BMW SUV car like thing. Even the M version can’t make that thing look good.

Levine also said Ford is testing the Mach 1 name for it.
So no hybrid mustang at all then? Ya I agree I really hope its not some small “suv” thing.
Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
The hybrid Mustang is still coming but it is unrelated to this news. Looks like the Mach 1 name will be repurposed to be a full-on electric performance SUV built on a separate platform.
Next generation mustang? Or you’re saying we will get one sooner?

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Behind the scenes, I spoke directly with the VP in "charge". Its 100% all electric. Not a hybrid - I specifically asked. I also asked him to name it anything else but Mach 1.
Nice. How did he respond to that?

Anything on the predator?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
The hybrid Mustang is still coming but it is unrelated to this news. Looks like the Mach 1 name will be repurposed to be a full-on electric performance SUV built on a separate platform.
Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. The Mach 1 is a Mustang plain and simple, do not use the name for an F**king SUV. That is how I feel about that Ford. :frusty::frusty:

I am tired of automakers trying to use iconic names for everything but what that name used to mean. (ie Dodge Dart covering up the fact that it is an upgraded neon)

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Next generation mustang? Or you’re saying we will get one sooner?
The S650 was supposed to come with a hybrid engine, but who knows when we'll get it now that the all new model for 2021 was supposedly cut.

JZ150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Rapid Red
Ford really butchered this whole thing. It’s a damn shame that it takes 2 hours to figure out what they are releasing.

Mike Levine did say that ford is testing the use of the Mach 1 name for this SUV. If they are going to test it, why not test it with a small group of enthusiasts not the whole world.

Not a very well thought out plan

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Ford really butchered this whole thing. It’s a damn shame that it takes 2 hours to figure out what they are releasing.

Mike Levine did say that ford is testing the use of the Mach 1 name for this SUV. If they are going to test it, why not test it with a small group of enthusiasts not the whole world.

Not a very well thought out plan
Also when you do announce it, do not do it A) after another iconic mustang reveal and B) use the vintage MUSTANG logo

Sponsored

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Also when you do announce it, do not do it A) after another iconic mustang reveal and B) use the vintage MUSTANG logo
Right? What a dumpster fire of a teaser. They should have done between the Edge ST reveal and the F150 hybrid teaser. And then have your graphics department spend 30 minutes coming up with a new emblem design.

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
https://twitter.com/Ford/status/952669356177096704

From Ford's own account.. not sure how we're supposed to interpret a convertible base model Mustang and an Explorer going into a warehouse and being struck by lightning, to emerge as one. Also not sure I like the Mach 1 name being on anything other than a Mustang...

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
He was not respective to my suggestion. There was a little chat about a high performance F150.
I’ve seen the name Tremor thrown around recently in certain circles. As long as it isn’t like the last Tremor. And it may not be.

Did he say specifically F-150 or a performance truck? Because it could be the Ranger

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Hi Mustang fans, we're going to do a really well executed tribute to an iconic Mustang brand over here, and then we're going to thoughtlessly crap all over another iconic Mustang brand name over there.

You wanna call a hybrid electric Mustang a "Mach 1," that would be fine. But if you want to do a "Mustang flavored CUV" you've got a whole dumpster full of other unused brands that you can apply without crapping all over a passenger car brand that has a lot of meaning for people.

@Car_Sick_Nick

SAVE THE MACH 1!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.AllRoadsLeadToTheMotorCity.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1
https://twitter.com/Ford/status/952669356177096704

From Ford's own account.. not sure how we're supposed to interpret a convertible base model Mustang and an Explorer going into a warehouse and being struck by lightning, to emerge as one. Also not sure I like the Mach 1 name being on anything other than a Mustang...
Unfortunately its an all new, all electric SUV named Mach 1. Sad day for us Mach 1 guys.
Sponsored