Sponsored

2020 Mach 1!

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
I hope someone at Ford reads these posts.
The Mach1 nameplate on an electric SUV ?????
Look at the posts over the last few years and realize how many have been looking forward to the return of a Mach1 MUSTANG. Even as much or more than the Bullitt.
I cannot believe that they could not come up with ANY OTHER NAME!
I watched the NAAS press conference and my heart skipped when I saw the Mach1 nameplate flash up and then turned to utter disappointment when I realized it was not about a Mustang!! (I own a 2003 Mach1 as well as 3 other Mustangs so I qualify as a loyal customer)
Sponsored

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I hope someone at Ford reads these posts.
The Mach1 nameplate on an electric SUV ?????
Look at the posts over the last few years and realize how many have been looking forward to the return of a Mach1 MUSTANG. Even as much or more than the Bullitt.
I cannot believe that they could not come up with ANY OTHER NAME!
I watched the NAAS press conference and my heart skipped when I saw the Mach1 nameplate flash up and then turned to utter disappointment when I realized it was not about a Mustang!! (I own a 2003 Mach1 as well as 3 other Mustangs so I qualify as a loyal customer)
I've been hoping that Ford would come out with a new Mach 1 so I can give my 03 a garage companion. This is beyond disappointing!

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. The Mach 1 is a Mustang plain and simple, do not use the name for an F**king SUV. That is how I feel about that Ford. :frusty::frusty:
Completely agree.

Said Deep (Head of North America Product Communications at Ford) mentioned that if there's enough backlash from the Mustang community it would consider using a different name for this electric SUV.

So let them hear it, I know I will.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Quite how Ford could honor the legacy of the Bullitt so beautifully (spot on with the specs of the '19MY car.....AND re-introduce us to the long lost original movie car - I had goodsebumps watching the introduction!!!).......then completely FAIL with what Mach 1 is likely to become, beggars belief :tsk:

I know the automotive world is changing and an all-electric SUV makes sense (to some....but not for me). But DO NOT sully the legacy of the Mach1.

What upsets me the most is Ford pretty much have everything they need for a '19 Mach 1 MUSTANG

5.2 CPC V8 (525hp)
10-speed auto option
MagneRide
PP1 with PP2 option

Build this.....and they will come
19MY Mach 1.2.jpg

Sponsored

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Completely agree.

Said Deep (Head of North America Product Communications at Ford) mentioned that if there's enough backlash from the Mustang community it would consider using a different name for this electric SUV.

Listen up Ford, remember the Probe? Remember how you tried to pass off that abortion of a car for the new Mustang? We haven't forgotten. How'd that work out for you? This is on the same level of stupid. The fact that you've even considered to call this SUV a Mach 1 speaks volumes to how out of touch you've gotten.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I’ll just wait for the new BOSS C-MAX coming out after.....

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Quite how Ford could honor the legacy of the Bullitt so beautifully (spot on with the specs of the '19MY car.....AND re-introduce us to the long lost original movie car - I had goodsebumps watching the introduction!!!).......then completely FAIL with what Mach 1 is likely to become, beggars belief :tsk:

I know the automotive world is changing and an all-electric SUV makes sense (to some....but not for me). But DO NOT sully the legacy of the Mach1.

What upsets me the most is Ford pretty much have everything they need for a '19 Mach 1 MUSTANG

5.2 CPC V8 (525hp)
10-speed auto option
MagneRide
PP1 with PP2 option

Build this.....and they will come
I would buy that in a heartbeat!

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I’ll just wait for the new BOSS C-MAX coming out after.....
It'll be out just after the Super CobraJet equipped Ford Transit van. :lol:

Sponsored

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Is that the prototype or the test mule?? :ford:

BTW, sweet 93 cobra in the background!! :headbang:

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82
sport u·til·i·ty ve·hi·cle
noun
A high-performance four-wheel-drive vehicle.

Could Ford be redefining how we classify a SUV? Similar to our forum's debate on whether or not the Mustang is a grand tourer vs sports car.

At 37 seconds into the video, does anyone hear the distinctive exhaust note, before the ''warp speed'' sound? I'm just curious to why Ford would show a Mustang and an Explorer Sport together, and let's not forget that the Explorer is built on the same chassis as the Taurus. A hybrid high performance sedan would be amazing!

Last edited:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I wouldn't mind a AWD fully electric car that is very quick 0-60 (under 3 seconds) with a range of 150 miles. heck my local trips are usually only around 100 tops. this is something I'll consider, just depends on how quick it is.
and totally agree leave the Mach1 name off. this should have it's own unique name.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I agree don't name it Mach1! But the concept is actually pretty cool. Ford is only going where the market is and heading, and like it or not that's electric. At least they are trying to be aggressive and offer something performance minded. The cheesy 1990's teaser video doesn't help at all.....

OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Completely agree.

I updated the first post to reflect that the Mach1 name is going to possibly be associated with an electric SUV. I also propose as Mustang owners and fans we start a social media campaign with the hashtag #MACH1ISMUSTANG. Thoughts?
Sponsored