2020 GT500 confirmed orders

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
My question to you all is, do you think being almost a month later will I have to wait longer to get the car?
Congratulations on finding a good dealer, hope it all works out as planned.

Yes, some of the earlier orders have already been scheduled for production. I think wait times are going to be determined by the dealership size, order location and by the options ordered. It seems the big dogs always get fed first and it looks like some of the early confirmed production states are in cold country and production depends on the availability of parts, so that is where the options come into play, they can't build your car if they don't have the parts, paint options also play a part in scheduling.
Sponsored

13GT500JA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500
I just ended up switching dealers because the one I was dealing with would not commit to a price on the car. They were nice enough, just were not interested in agreeing on a price, nor would they enter into a purchase and sales. Funny story, Rob Ninkovich from the NE Patriots was next in line behind me (if I didn't take the car) so that was going to be a cool story. I quickly came to the conclusion they were probably going to drop an insanely high ADM last minute and I would have to pony up the cash or be shit outta luck because they knew Nink would have bought it. This is just my assumption, but I bet it's accurate.

The dealer I signed with today was incredible. Extremely nice and knew exactly what's going on. Pretty geeky but I even got to click the "order" button to submit my car lol. They spoke to the regional sales rep today and confirmed they were not getting painted stripes as an order-able option, and for that matter, neither was the first dealer. They are getting two allocations, not the supposed three to get the "golden ticket".

Anyway, my car is officially agreed upon and ordered and I finally feel like I am actually getting one. My question to you all is, do you think being almost a month later will I have to wait longer to get the car?
Has it been confirmed that a dealer needs 3 allocations to receive a golden ticket? My dealer still seems to think that my order with the CFTP will be built (based on conversations with a rep) even though he only received 2 allocations.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
tomayto tomahto.. It might as be a different model - similar to the R.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
My question to you all is, do you think being almost a month later will I have to wait longer to get the car?
P.S.
You may have a better chance of getting an production date if you order an easy car to build. The less options the higher the probability of an early build, this may not hold true if they are stocked for bear at the plant and have a lot of parts online. I went with an Oxford White GT500 with a CF instrument panel. After looking at satellite pictures (Google Earth) of the holding lot behind the Flat Rock plant, it looks like White cars are very popular, so my chances of getting a shot at the paint shop are pretty good. If that is the case, the only thing that would kill my chance would be a shortage of CF instrument panel parts. Keep in mind this could all be nothing more than one of my happy thoughts, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't happen.

Think good thoughts and kick back and enjoy the ride.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
tomayto tomahto.. It might as be a different model - similar to the R.

If Ford had wanted to create a GT500R they would have assigned it a different group code (970A) and it would have come with the CFTP as standard equipment, it would have also had a special allocation assigned to it just like the one for the GT350R (920A). This would have been the preferred way of handling the current situation, but it didn't happen.

In the case of the GT350 (900A) & GT350R (920A), the GT350R was not created from a GT350 with an option code, it has its own package code (920A) just like the GT350 has its own package code (900A) and the GT500 has its own package code (950A).

Reactions: _M_

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
You sir are 1,000% wrong.
Okay. I guess time will tell and we will see how many model years they make and what the final build numbers will be per option. I hope you're right.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Maybe that's what you were told, but the 500 is an all they can manufacture kind of car limited by materials and scheduling. The first production year is usually somewhat limited due to the late model year, but I can assure you that moving forward in the upcoming model years, that they will make as many as they can that materials and scheduling will allow. This is not a limited production car.

Oh, and I am good at keeping secrets, PM me.
Are we talking about unlimited production numbers for the 2020 GT500 as a Base car and for years going forward and are we also talking about unlimited production numbers for the 2 seat CFTP option for the 2020 MY and for years going forward?

Going back to the 2012/2013 Boss 302 which includes the Laguna Seca production numbers did not Ford live up to their commitment to ~750 LS cars for each MY year along with their projection for limited production numbers for the regular Boss 302 cars?

Did Ford exceed their projected limited production numbers for the 2007 to 2014 GT500 cars?

Did Ford exceed their projected limited production numbers for the 2016 to 2019 GT350/R's over the last 4 model years?

I guess it all comes down to what we understand and consider as "Limited Product Numbers" for each model year and until we see if Ford exceeds their projected ~5000 GT500 vehicles (which includes the ~1250 CFTP cars) for the 2020 MY I will reserve judgement that Ford will live up to their commitment for these production numbers and if they exceed the above projected production numbers for the 2020 MY and for future years by a great degree then I will agree that the GT500 Mustang is not a "Limited Production" HP automobile.

Unless someone has confirmed information contrary to what Ford is proposing for the 2020 MY and for future production years I would suggest that anyone claiming that the upcoming GT500 is not a limited production car is pure conjecture at this point.

:)

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
If Ford had wanted to create a GT500R they would have assigned it a different group code (970A) and it would have come with the CFTP as standard equipment, it would have also had a special allocation assigned to it just like the one for the GT350R (920A). This would have been the preferred way of handling the current situation, but it didn't happen.

In the case of the GT350 (900A) & GT350R (920A), the GT350R was not created from a GT350 with an option code, it has its own package code (920A) just like the GT350 has its own package code (900A) and the GT500 has its own package code (950A).
Appreciate all of this information but this is old news and has been recognized by many of us over the last 4 years especially by those of us that have purchased a GT350/R's since 2015.

:wink:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate all of this information but this is old news and has been recognized by many of us for the last 4 years especially by those of us that have purchased a GT350/R's since 2015.

:wink:
There may be many that know, but there seems to be many more that don't.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Until ford announces that the GT500 is limited to a certain number of vehicles for a certain number of years, then I think it's safe to assume that the projected numbers are estimates that can go up or down with no committed number for certain.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
@Jemo although you just placed your order, I don’t believe you have any more or less a chance of getting a sooner build date than I. I placed my order July 2nd. It just comes down to priority, witch doesn’t mean that much actually, regional rep for your area to submit and building materials. I’m sure theirs a host of other factors. It’s all a crap shot for build date that I’m not %100 anyone can give you a true answer to that.

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

The Painted OTT Racing Stripes are a separate option (47W) and can be ordered if your dealer has a Golden Ticket allocation, there is no CFTP requirement. The Golden Ticket Allocation can be used for the CFTP (67J) option OR the Painted OTT Racing Stripe (47W) option OR both options. If you don't believe me, call Ford Performance 800-367-3788 option 1, and ask them. Make sure you come back and let me know what they told you.

I believe you are confusing the fact that there is no such thing as a designated 2020 GT500 CFTP model. There can be a GT500 (950A) with the CFTP option (67J), if your dealer has the proper allocation, but this doesn't make it a special model, it still just a GT500 (950A) with a very expensive option. There is only one GT500, and it can be ordered with different options. It just so happens that two of the available options (67J & 47W) require a special allocation.
I understand all of that. The conflicted information revolves around the "Golden Ticket rules". It appears that even the Regional Reps are not singing from the same sheet of music.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Snoopy, google earth stalking the stock of cars on the lot?? That is next level and i love it!! I assume therr are a lot of white because if you look at Shelby production #s for the past few years White is the most popular color 2x.

I actually hope you get your confirmed build date and VIN this Friday. You seem to be a super motivated enthusiast that is very forthcoming with your knowledge and experience.[/QUOTE]

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
@Jemo although you just placed your order, I don’t believe you have any more or less a chance of getting a sooner build date than I. I placed my order July 2nd. It just comes down to priority, witch doesn’t mean that much actually, regional rep for your area to submit and building materials. I’m sure theirs a host of other factors. It’s all a crap shot for build date that I’m not %100 anyone can give you a true answer to that.
I dont believe that to be true, considering they have started assigning vins and build weeks. would make no sense to go backwards when assigning them
Sponsored