Sponsored

2020 GT350R Pricing Advice

rdrarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord Coupe V6, 2020 GT350R
I am considering putting my Shadow Black 2020 GT350R for sale. I am the original owner and I bought it in June of 2020. The car is not a daily driver, it has never been tracked and currently has 37,800 miles. Entire front has Xpel PPF, it was ceramic coated when installed a week after purchase. It has the Ford Premium Care ESP for 8/100,000 with a $100 deductible which I will gladly transfer over. It will come with a spare brand new front and rear Carbon Fiber wheel that I purchased over a year ago as spareā€™s but couldnā€™t find the set for a good price. So I settled on buying the two. And lastly it will include the owners kit and a custom California Car Cover. I have a number in mind that I think is fair which accounts for the extra goodies. However, I wanted to reach out to the forum to see what some of you all think is appropriate. Thanks!
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I am considering putting my Shadow Black 2020 GT350R for sale. I am the original owner and I bought it in June of 2020. The car is not a daily driver, it has never been tracked and currently has 37,800 miles. Entire front has Xpel PPF, it was ceramic coated when installed a week after purchase. It has the Ford Premium Care ESP for 8/100,000 with a $100 deductible which I will gladly transfer over. It will come with a spare brand new front and rear Carbon Fiber wheel that I purchased over a year ago as spareā€™s but couldnā€™t find the set for a good price. So I settled on buying the two. And lastly it will include the owners kit and a custom California Car Cover. I have a number in mind that I think is fair which accounts for the extra goodies. However, I wanted to reach out to the forum to see what some of you all think is appropriate. Thanks!
Holy cow, 37,000 miles in 3.5 years and itā€™s not a dailyā€¦ā€¦.? Iā€™d say you got more enjoyment out of your car than most!

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
I cannot answer your question regarding what is appropriate pricing,

but would be interested in knowing how many sets of Cup ll's your on, at this point, ~38k mi in?

If that question is not to intrusive...?

The '20 350R is the 1 to own, in our view.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
As somewhat of a comp for you, there was a 2020 350R here in the Chicago area that sold earlier this summer. Grabber lime, black stripes with about 8k miles. Sold for $90k. Did not have an extended warranty. Was sold by a non-Ford (or any specific manufacturer) that specializes is sports cars, exotics, high end luxury, etc.

Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
Hard to comp your car with those miles. Most 2020 R's are going for around 90k at auction, but there are plenty of dealers selling theirs for over 100k. But none of them have those kind of miles. But also none of those cars are coming with an extra carbon wheel.

I wouldn't take anything less that 85k considering the car has PPF, extended warranty and extra carbon wheel.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I'd think a well maintained car, with records, and those miles, is going to fetch a better price than a car that has not been taken care of with half the miles. That said, I see a lot of 2018-2019's between 70k and 85k, with less miles.

I don't recall if there are any massive updates in the 2020 that would fetch more.

Edit: Let me add this from Classic which tracks sales price:
https://www.classic.com/m/ford/shelby-mustang/3rd-gen/gt350r/

Last edited:

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
I'd think a well maintained car, with records, and those miles, is going to fetch a better price than a car that has not been taken care of with half the miles. That said, I see a lot of 2018-2019's between 70k and 85k, with less miles.

I don't recall if there are any massive updates in the 2020 that would fetch more.

Edit: Let me add this from Classic which tracks sales price:
https://www.classic.com/m/ford/shelby-mustang/3rd-gen/gt350r/
The only update was the in the steering, and that there were new colors exclusive to 2020.

Generally, 2020's go for higher than than the previous years as it's also the final model year.

OP
OP
rdrarmy

rdrarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@308 Cal. Bullitt, not an intrusive question whatsoever. I am only two sets of tires in believe it or not. The factory tires lasted me 12k miles. And I went with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S as my second set of tires because of their tread life. And I agree wholeheartedly that the 2020 R is the year to have one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rdrarmy

rdrarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@rush0024, I wish someone offered me that much money. I would not hesitate to sell it if someone did lol. I know that the mileage is the variable as @WItoTX stated. But the car has definitely been taken care of. I am thinking that a good price given the miles, is in the 65-68K range. But I could be way off.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
@rush0024, I wish someone offered me that much money. I would not hesitate to sell it if someone did lol. I know that the mileage is the variable as @WItoTX stated. But the car has definitely been taken care of. I am thinking that a good price given the miles, is in the 65-68K range. But I could be way off.
I guess I would have thought it be more than $65k+++ myself.. but I don't know nuttin.
2 extra wheels?? + warranty??

At anything under ~$80k, Id have Bryant mill me a new billet gun drilled journal 180Ā°
crank, new Crower Titanium rods, (Piston manufacturer Id have to thk about),
& bobb wt# it @ 2% overbalance...
then toss it in..
Get busy rowin that 8600rpm boat! šŸ˜†
Hey, we can all dream, right!

2020 got the 500 front knuckles as I recall, & possibly the 500 steering rack..?? Cannot confirm the latter..

Ordered our car w/Ps4s tires as well. Wanted 2s, but knew it wasn't a good idea for us at time.

u did buy at the right time Id say. At least in my own experience, our other purchase, in ~April '20, was aided by the Woohee Fluhee scare in market. We traded in our 2020 purchased (480hp car), for a shot in line at an MSRP '21 GT500. Didn't arrive till '22s were built. Shocker!

Good luck on what you decide. Its been battle tested at that mileage. Could be benifit to the unique minded buyer. Those cars are certainly rare, & Id want a '20R MY myself. I got so much junk now, I sold off several when I bought my 480hp car. Still got turd boilers I rarely get around drivin.

Nothing worse on a veh, than sitting.
...except maybe a flood šŸ¤·...

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Nah, the 500 got the 350 parts. Let's be clear. šŸ˜‚

Also, I'm in the 65k is low, but I've not done a ton of research on higher mileage (37k isn't high mileage, but I digress) Rs, but man, I just think well maintained is far more valuable in these cars.

But what do I know...

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
$65k feels low. Thereā€™s a couple 2017/2018 Rā€™s listed on cars.com with around 20k miles for $70-$75k. That pricing is a 17%-22% discount to the 8k mile 2020 I mentioned earlier. That feels about right for the mileage? Maybe you can get high $70kā€™s with the extra wheels and warranty as those do have real value.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I agree with the others, think your 10kish low. I would separate the wheels from the sale as well.

Sponsored