PRICING GT350 and GT350R

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I just got off the phone with an acquaintance I have known for 12 years that has worked for FoMoCo for 28 years (senior manager) He just told me that he heard that the MRSP will be between (Base w/o options) $52K- $53K and the "R" will be base $64K $65K. And the HP will be 520 and the TQ 450, or (a tad above) If this is correct, then fully opt it should be around 71K at the tops. Hope he is right. I wish I could have this in writing, but this point its just hear say, but from a great source.
Sponsored

Tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daily Driver
That's good news. Look's like the Gt350 will be around 60k with most options.
Donson, knowing the alleged pricing now from a informed source, are you going to go for the GT350? or opt for the "R", if the pricing pans out.
Looks' like the GT350 will be the best bang for the buck. :D

OP
OP
R 350 gt Donson

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
That's good news. Look's like the Gt350 will be around 60k with most options.
Donson, knowing the alleged pricing now from a informed source, are you going to go for the GT350? or opt for the "R", if the pricing pans out.
Looks' like the GT350 will be the best bang for the buck. :D
Well I will go for the "R" for sure but...Im not sure that the dealer Im working with is even going to get one...I know that every SVT deal get one GT350, but I have no clue what the parameters/qualifications are for getting allocation on the "R" I would love to know if someone knows...so in the mean time I'm get going to wait until the dealer gets the ordering banks open and says...okay here is what we are getting..and if the "R" is something they are going to get than that's what I'm going to do...probably yellow with black hood and black/white strips.:thumbsup:

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Well I will go for the "R" for sure but...Im not sure that the dealer Im working with is even going to get one...I know that every SVT deal get one GT350, but I have no clue what the parameters/qualifications are for getting allocation on the "R" I would love to know if someone knows...so in the mean time I'm get going to wait until the dealer gets the ordering banks open and says...okay here is what we are getting..and if the "R" is something they are going to get than that's what I'm going to do...probably yellow with black hood and black/white strips.:thumbsup:
Black roof? Additionally, the R would have black / red stripes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
R 350 gt Donson

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Did you notice that the red colored car did not have an option for strips on the "R"?

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Did you notice that the red colored car did not have an option for strips on the "R"?
Yes, I assumed because the red pin stripe wouldn't show well on a red car.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
I just got off the phone with an acquaintance I have known for 12 years that has worked for FoMoCo for 28 years (senior manager) He just told me that he heard that the MRSP will be between (Base w/o options) $52K- $53K and the "R" will be base $64K $65K. And the HP will be 520 and the TQ 450, or (a tad above) If this is correct, then fully opt it should be around 71K at the tops. Hope he is right. I wish I could have this in writing, but this point its just hear say, but from a great source.

That's good news if it does pan out then Ford might have to make more "R"s. Those prices hit at a really good pocket where according to Forbe's Magazine the new middle class earning bracket can absorb a 55 to 65k financed car based on 1/3rd of their annual income. I'm Guessing if anyone here is shopping this car then that's where they're at or far more. And with a this news it seems that a fully optioned GT350 would still be the better value, but the novelty of the "R" is still attainable. Again assuming the dealers honor MSRP or less. That's going to be the gamble, aside from simply sourcing an "R".

My hope is that with the 5.2 liter, the power goes slightly more than 100 hp per liter. If they can pull that off in a production vehicle, then it would be quite an achievement. And would hammer home that Americans can flip it on the Europeans/German makers and beat them at their own game by providing more thrill and performance than many of their marque sports cars for less out of pocket.

I don't think your source is far off. It may be hearsay, but I'm hearing the same from other sources as well (base GT350 under 50K, Magneride starting at $52,999 MSRP)... So perhaps Ford is about to kickoff a revival of the 5.0's all over the streets like when the foxbody's were the biggest bang for the buck back in the 80's and their presence dominated the street scene. Back then the group of teens and college aged kids are now the middle aged guys with those higher 6 figure incomes today, at least most of us are. So dropping that kind of money for this kind of modern day Americana. Just awesome.

Last edited:

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I am in, 350 for sure, wanna see the whole package on the R and if I would even be able to get one, Liquid blue if they produce it.

Sponsored

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
I sure hope these prices are wrong. I personally want the base to be high 40's. But I guess i better get my ass back to work and try to make more money so I can afford the damn car I want..

OP
OP
R 350 gt Donson

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
He mention anything about options and pricing for them?
No he did not, and last night he called me to make sure I did not tell anyone the info....oops!..to late !! I wonder if posting it on the most read message forum counts? :shrug:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
If it starts at 53K then a GT350 with the Track Pkg and Painted-Black Roof options would likely keep it below 60K. Sounds good to me...

Heck I'll even opt for the Electronics Pkg and it could still be close to the 60K mark, give or take a G or two... :D

Tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daily Driver
No he did not, and last night he called me to make sure I did not tell anyone the info....oops!..to late !! I wonder if posting it on the most read message forum counts? :shrug:
You just got caught up in the moment that's all. :D
Sponsored