- Ford Performance hood struts
- Ford Performance strut tower brace
- K&N oiled airfilter
- JLT Oil seperator both sides
- Fog/reverse light swap to LED
- Taillight swap to sequential lights
- All interior light swap to bright white LED
- Dashcam install
- Ceramic coating of roof and trunk panel (To protect the piano black paint since it is a magnet to scratches)
- Trunk pull strap
- Trunk pop springs
- Door striker/latch covers
- A few other cosmetic changes and rewiring of the electric in the car.
My list is a bit shorter. The Steeda hood struts and RokBlokz mud flaps are already here, waiting for the car to arrive. So is the Steeda clutch spring.
Next on my list, not bought yet, are a Ronin oil drain plug, oil catch cans on both sides (haven't yet decided which brand and model), seatbelt guides (unless I can use the seatbelts directly, bypassing the OE leather straps - that remains to be seen), Steeda jacking rails, and some sturdy one-piece wheel lug nuts to replace the stupid two-piece Ford ones, which swell in time.
And perhaps ceramic coating and/or protection film here and there.

Latch covers? Never heard of those. Any details? I might want them, too. :)
And what's with the rewiring of the electrics?
Sponsored

Last edited:

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
some sturdy one-piece wheel lug nuts to replace the stupid two-piece Ford ones, which swell in time.

Latch covers? Never heard of those. Any details? I might want them, too. :)
And what's with the rewiring of the electrics?
Good point about the lug nuts - I might put some thought into that too! Did not know that.

The latch covers are these - Latch /hinge covers They protect it from dirt and smudge:like:
Also these striker covers - Striker covers they make it look cleaner

I redid the wiring to the tallights since I hate that they aren't turned on during daylight :headbang: So I made a little fix sĂĄ the rear lights are on when there is ignition on the car.

Oh and yeah... I picked up my car just before the weekend! WOHOOO! and I've been living in the garage in the last couple of days!

2020-09-11-16.55.04.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Good point about the lug nuts - I might put some thought into that too! Did not know that.

The latch covers are these - Latch /hinge covers They protect it from dirt and smudge:like:
Also these striker covers - Striker covers they make it look cleaner

I redid the wiring to the tallights since I hate that they aren't turned on during daylight :headbang: So I made a little fix sĂĄ the rear lights are on when there is ignition on the car.

Oh and yeah... I picked up my car just before the weekend! WOHOOO! and I've been living in the garage in the last couple of days!

2020-09-11-16.55.04.jpg
Well congrats on finally getting your new baby. :clap: Almost nine full months but that's all behind you now. Please post up some more pics when the sun comes out.

OP
OP
AMC401V8

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
Beautiful car!

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If you find something in Europe, please let me know. So far the only ones I could find that tick all the boxes (i.e. black, same look and size as originals, no locking nut) are the Gorillas, but they must be ordered from the US, and I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If you find something in Europe, please let me know. So far the only ones I could find that tick all the boxes (i.e. black, same look and size as originals, no locking nut) are the Gorillas, but they must be ordered from the US, and I'd like to avoid that if possible.
Vlad, I understand that getting parts from the US is a royal pain. That said, in this case, just do it. They are the best and you and your car deserve it.

By the way, unless you are taking your tires on and off weekly the stock lug nuts will hold up just fine.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It is indeed a royal pain - actually it was already a royal pain in normal times, let alone now with the pandemic and all. But you're right, the wheels aren't a good place to compromise. I should get the best.
In my experience, even taking them off just twice a year, for switching to winter tires and back, will cause them to swell within three to four years. I've had this problem with three different Ford vehicles. Besides, the Mustang will also have locking nuts, which I don't want. I had an unpleasant experience with my first Mondeo and its OEM locking nuts. The key broke, leaving me with four lug nuts that nobody could remove anymore. I had no idea prior to that day that I could swear that badly. I could have made a sailor blush. :giggle:

Last edited:

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
@Vlad Soare , @WD Pro and @Snoopy49

As stated in post #32 my car finally arrived last Friday, and I thought you guys deserved an update on it!
I've been working on it the entire weekend adding stuff and making it my own... already love it!

A special thanks to you Snoop for your tracking and informations during the run! :handshake:

A few shots from the cruise today :clap:

Ohh and front license plate IS required by law in Denmark... but what the heck.. it looks sooooo much more badass without it :rockon::crackup:

Mustang-1.jpg

Mustang-2.jpg

Mustang-3.jpg

Mustang-4.jpg

Mustang-5.jpg

Mustang-6.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice ! :sunglasses:

Mine arrived on the 3rd, but it had some transport damage on the front bumper ...

I’ve viewed it at the body shop at every stage of the repair (they have been really good with the process) and tonight we agreed the repair is good and it’s going back toy dealer - hopefully ready for a Friday collection :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
It is indeed a royal pain - actually it was already a royal pain in normal times, let alone now with the pandemic and all. But you're right, the wheels aren't a good place to compromise. I should get the best.
stackry.com is good for forwarding shipments, though I'm guessing shipping will be a large part of the cost if you're only shipping lug nuts. Best save and include some other needed stuff.

In my experience, even taking them off just twice a year, for switching to winter tires and back, will cause them to swell within three to four years. I've had this problem with three different Ford vehicles. Besides, the Mustang will also have locking nuts, which I don't want. I had an unpleasant experience with my first Mondeo and its OEM locking nuts. The key broke, leaving me with four lug nuts that nobody could remove anymore. I had no idea prior to that day that I could swear that badly. I could have made a sailor blush. :giggle:
Well, it comes with one locking nut per wheel installed, but they also include the original non-locking nut in a small packet in the car, one per wheel.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
stackry.com is good for forwarding shipments, though I'm guessing shipping will be a large part of the cost if you're only shipping lug nuts. Best save and include some other needed stuff.
Forwarding services are useful for buying from merchants who won't ship internationally. But they can't do anything about the misery of dealing with the Romanian Post once the package arrives. :)

Well, it comes with one locking nut per wheel installed, but they also include the original non-locking nut in a small packet in the car, one per wheel.
That's good to know. I didn't know that. They weren't included with my Mondeo.
In that case the locking nuts will be the first thing to go when the car arrives.

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That looks like an interesting solution.
The colour of the light bars isn't very clear in the videos, but I guess it's their original colour, isn't it? I mean, you can't have them all red, or all amber. The sequence is going to be red, red, amber, red, red, amber, and you can't change that, can you?
Sponsored