Sponsored

Dealer offer on 2020 GT premium PP1

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
look for Xplan pricing..saved me a bunch over anything teh dealer offered
X-plan isn't a very good deal even in normal times. It's invoice less 0.4% plus $275, and any dealer doc fee is capped at $100 (I think it's still $100).
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Thats a good deal. Invoice is probably higher than that

Nope. GT PP2
Looking at Mustangs from Bullitt to GT350. GT premium with these options: rapid red tint, auto, PP1, active valve exhaust, and voice nav. List is 48,6, says will sell for 41K out the door. That"s tax, transfer, etc. What do you think ? Should I try lower or ???? What's invoice on this car ?
Thanks.
Race red, GT premium PP2, with all performance options, no bling. These two so called option are as made, standard active valve exhaust, voice nav, and a whole bunch of, not taking the time to list goodies ..........invoice was 43, no trade in straight up purchase, you're being hozed @ 48K PP1

What do I think, do yourself a really big favor, take a breath. Go to the Ford Web site, built you own GT premium. Learn some thing on your own. Running around thinking Ford has gobs of inventory they are drowning in. Thinking there is some mad deal to be found is foolish.

Monday rush what $$$$ burning a hole in the pocket, bad way to shop.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Nope. GT PP2

Race red, GT premium PP2, with all performance options, no bling. These two so called option are as made, standard active valve exhaust, voice nav, and a whole bunch of, not taking the time to list goodies ..........invoice was 43, no trade in straight up purchase, you're being hozed @ 48K PP1

What do I think, do yourself a really big favor, take a breath. Go to the Ford Web site, built you own GT premium. Learn some thing on your own. Running around thinking Ford has gobs of inventory they are drowning in. Thinking there is some mad deal to be found is foolish.

Monday rush what $$$$ burning a hole in the pocket, bad way to shop.

That’s a really cool story!

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I’d say that’s a fair deal.

In Aug 2018 my 2019 was stickered at $47k and I walked out the door at $40k.

My car is a 400a so no digital dash, magneride or active exhaust.

MX Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From point "A" to point "B"
Looking at Mustangs from Bullitt to GT350. GT premium with these options: rapid red tint, auto, PP1, active valve exhaust, and voice nav. List is 48,6, says will sell for 41K out the door. That"s tax, transfer, etc. What do you think ? Should I try lower or ???? What's invoice on this car ?
Thanks.
Here's the thing, nearly every dealership showing online prices are averaging 10k off of the MSRP or close to it. This is with all of the incentives Ford is offering right now during this time plus dealers are marking down inventory close to invoice on there own to give that "WOW" price. There is a catch to the whole thing though. I can get Ford's A-plan pricing which is a bit under invoice and other things, and still get the 0% for 72-84 months depending on if it was a '19 or '20 model year. Here is my thing though, if I do go with the A-plan price and 0% Ford will not give me the additional incentives they are offerring which is generally another 6k off. If I or anyone wants that "WOW" price, it's either take the 0% (if you qualify with your credit) at whatever price you agree at, or take their "WOW" price with all the incentives and dealer discount and go with traditional financing with whatever rate you get approved for.

So if we break down your offer from the dealer, and with what I said at the very beginning with dealers advertising nearly 10k off MSRP we come up with this rough breakdown.

$48,600 MSRP - Ford Incentives offered (6k ish) - Dealer discount (Probably just above invoice) in this case invoice is probably around 45K, possibly lower, but we'll say they are taking 3,500ish off.

48,600 - 3500 (dealer discount) - 6k (incentives) = 39,100 + TTL = 41k OTD

Now I don't know what your states taxes are on vehicle sales so I'm just guessing something low.. Most likely a hell of a lot lower than the bend over with no lube 9.25% here in Chicago, but you get the point.

With all of these incentives it seems better to go with traditional financing on the '20 model years if you have really good credit, but if we were talking about a '19 with 0% for 84 months that may be a different story.

Sponsored

MX Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From point "A" to point "B"
How much would the invoice price be on a 2020 GT Mustang with a MSRP of $42,710 ? Right now we are at $38,000 before tax. I need to decide Monday. Thanks.
What is the breakdown of pricing? At 38k that's most likely below invoice, BUT with all the incentives Ford is offerering if you finance with them that price should much lower. As it looks like they are trying to say "look we're below invoice" but yet all they are doing is using Ford incentive $ to lower the price of the car on paper, but they actually haven't lowered the price of it at all, they most likely are still selling the vehicle at MSRP. If you look around online at like cars.com, nearly every dealership is advertising cars at almost 10k off MSRP. Don't get ripped off. During this time, you the buyer have the power, hardly anyone is buying vehicles and most dealerships right now are willing to sell "low" just to get inventory off the lot.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
How much would the invoice price be on a 2020 GT Mustang with a MSRP of $42,710 ? Right now we are at $38,000 before tax. I need to decide Monday. Thanks.
Websites like KBB.com will let you configure the car with options and see the invoice and MSRP.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Nope. GT PP2

Race red, GT premium PP2, with all performance options, no bling. These two so called option are as made, standard active valve exhaust, voice nav, and a whole bunch of, not taking the time to list goodies ..........invoice was 43, no trade in straight up purchase, you're being hozed @ 48K.
He said less than 43?

shaffin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
Hello,
I don’t really know much of anything about mustangs so I was hoping someone might be able to say yay or nay to the price I am being quoted.

2020 Mustang GT Premium - pp1,MT82,AE,MR,Premium B&O speakers, premium floor mats, Ford Safe & smart, Ford Security, HD radio

sticker $52k
Quote - 45.5k with rebates / 48.5k with financing

KBB says invoice is 49.5k

thoughts? No dealer fees btw

Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Not following
Lol youre not following me?

You stated he was being hosed at 48k when he obviously stated they would take 41k OTD.

I said it was a good deal, because it is.

Your response was "Nope. Gt PP2"

That is about as incomplete of a sentence or response as you can type other than just typing one letter.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hello,
I don’t really know much of anything about mustangs so I was hoping someone might be able to say yay or nay to the price I am being quoted.

2020 Mustang GT Premium - pp1,MT82,AE,MR,Premium B&O speakers, premium floor mats, Ford Safe & smart, Ford Security, HD radio
sticker $52k
Quote - 45.5k with rebates / 48.5k with financing
KBB says invoice is 49.5k
thoughts? No dealer fees btw
First off welcome to the forum. One thing you need to understand. Before you ask for advice you need to give us all of the facts. In this case what are you being quotes as rebates. We need to determine the dealer discount apart from the rebates.

So at a high level a 2020 that stickers for $52k should get between a 10-12% dealer discount. That puts you at $46,800 and $45,760. Now deduct your rebates from there. That will be your net cost before fees and tax. Your rebate # sounds kind of OK, your 0% financing #, not so much.

By the way, the HD Radio is standard. The B&O system is $995.00.

shaffin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
First off welcome to the forum. One thing you need to understand. Before you ask for advice you need to give us all of the facts. In this case what are you being quotes as rebates. We need to determine the dealer discount apart from the rebates.

So at a high level a 2020 that stickers for $52k should get between a 10-12% dealer discount. That puts you at $46,800 and $45,760. Now deduct your rebates from there. That will be your net cost before fees and tax. Your rebate # sounds kind of OK, your 0% financing #, not so much.

By the way, the HD Radio is standard. The B&O system is $995.00.
Hello and Thank you for the welcome.

I should have called out the rebates more specifically. Rebate price is with a $3025 dealer discount which brings it to just below invoice. $3k in rebates (select inventory, lend a hand, customer cash). Total of $6025 plus I get another $500 off as a student.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hello and Thank you for the welcome.

I should have called out the rebates more specifically. Rebate price is with a $3025 dealer discount which brings it to just below invoice. $3k in rebates (select inventory, lend a hand, customer cash). Total of $6025 plus I get another $500 off as a student.
That's better :like:. Dealer can do better on their discount. Right now 10% should be a minimum. 6%, where you are now, is not a great deal on a $52K car. Rebates are from Ford and should not impact your dealer discount. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

So this is where I believe you should start.

MSRP $52,000
Dealer Disc. $ 5,200
Net $46,800
Rebates $ 3,000
Student $ 500
Minimum $43,300

Good luck! :)