Sponsored

Premium 2020 GT, what should i expect to pay?

John_B

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sold
Hey guys, I’m going to start calling and going into dealers to price out my new car now that i sold my current car. With the announcement of the Mach1 and possibly 2021 ordering opening up within a few months? I’m not sure what i should expect to pay or if its worth waiting to see what 2021 brings.

The car i want...

2020 Premium GT
401A package
Auto
Black accent package
Twister Orange
Recaro seats

Build and price on ford lists this at $47,955 MSRP (it was $47,705 last week.. same exact build so apparently they raised the price)

I’m not sure what discounts dealers are giving, i know i heard about 0% but i believe that was on 2019s? Also race red is my second color choice if orange is hard to find on a lot. I’m in no rush if i need to special order but I’m not sure when that closes. Anybody get a new car or pricing recently and can give some insight? I’m located in New York for reference, i know it can vary state to state.
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Have you checked truecar at all to get an idea of what they are selling for in your area? Might not give you all of the options, but you can still use those numbers to your advantange at the dealer. That's what I did. Give or take you should be able to save up to 2k off of msrp. MIne had everything you want except for the blackout and recaros. Mine's a 19, but I actually had my local dealer get my car from another dealer they knew well and they were very easy to give me the price I wanted while still being nice to them to make a little $$. Honestly it was the smoothest deal I've ever had and I've purchased many cars. I actually used cash this time and most dealers frown on cash deals these days. They knew up front and were cool with it.Buy at the end of the month. It will make any deals easier if they are trying to meet quota.
As far as waiting the color is the main question. Are they going to have the color you want next year? I'm glad I didn't wait when I bought mine because my color was a 1 and done deal amd the grabber lime wasnt for me.

As far as the 0% apr goes I think they scaled it back to just 150's now. I would call a dealer and see what the current ones if any are.

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
From what I've seen, you still have at least a few months to order a '20.

I'm in a 1-dealer town in Nevada, with the next nearest one 35-40 miles away, and I wanted to stick with my local one. Three weeks ago I ordered a '20 GT Premium with PP1, magneride and more. It's already built and now 'awaiting shipment'.

I'm not a skilled haggler, and I don't really care. I'm paying cash, and the price is invoice minus two $750 incentives (unless there are better incentives/rebates at time of delivery). I got invoice pricing because I am a retired state worker, and this dealer offers that due to this being the capital city of the state.

Even if your dealer doesn't have any special pricing for you, there's always X-plan. It ends up a couple hundred over invoice, but it also limits doc fees to $100... If you're not qualified for it already, join Mustang Club of America and you will be...

OP
OP

John_B

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sold
From what I've seen, you still have at least a few months to order a '20.

I'm in a 1-dealer town in Nevada, with the next nearest one 35-40 miles away, and I wanted to stick with my local one. Three weeks ago I ordered a '20 GT Premium with PP1, magneride and more. It's already built and now 'awaiting shipment'.

I'm not a skilled haggler, and I don't really care. I'm paying cash, and the price is invoice minus two $750 incentives (unless there are better incentives/rebates at time of delivery). I got invoice pricing because I am a retired state worker, and this dealer offers that due to this being the capital city of the state.

Even if your dealer doesn't have any special pricing for you, there's always X-plan. It ends up a couple hundred over invoice, but it also limits doc fees to $100... If you're not qualified for it already, join Mustang Club of America and you will be...

I was looking into mustang club of America for the x plan pricing. Do you know if that is for any of the memberships? When i go to their site it shows the cheapest membership at $25 for a year and goes up to a $200 for 5 years i believe it was. Would the $25 be enough to get x plan pricing and do you have to be a member for a certain amount of time before getting x plan pricing or does it take affect immediately?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
aim for 15% off MSRP and then add sales tax. If the dealer is a bit desperate you might have a crack at 15% off MSRP WITH the sales tax included - aka true out the door price.

There is no waiting period for X-plan. X-plan is crap anyway.

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
aim for 15% off MSRP and then add sales tax. If the dealer is a bit desperate you might have a crack at 15% off MSRP WITH the sales tax included - aka true out the door price.

There is no waiting period for X-plan. X-plan is crap anyway.
I think that’s a fair offer. If you score it for 15% off with tax that’s a deal to just do and quit shopping. @ 15 plus fees an tax you’d be somewhere around 43-45k.

Arcadia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 Velocity Blue
Hey guys, I’m going to start calling and going into dealers to price out my new car now that i sold my current car. With the announcement of the Mach1 and possibly 2021 ordering opening up within a few months? I’m not sure what i should expect to pay or if its worth waiting to see what 2021 brings.

The car i want...

2020 Premium GT
401A package
Auto
Black accent package
Twister Orange
Recaro seats

Build and price on ford lists this at $47,955 MSRP (it was $47,705 last week.. same exact build so apparently they raised the price)

I’m not sure what discounts dealers are giving, i know i heard about 0% but i believe that was on 2019s? Also race red is my second color choice if orange is hard to find on a lot. I’m in no rush if i need to special order but I’m not sure when that closes. Anybody get a new car or pricing recently and can give some insight? I’m located in New York for reference, i know it can vary state to state.
Brandon has some very good deals and does out of state purchases. Bought mine there.
https://www.brandonford.com/vehicle-details/new-2020-ford-mustang-gt-premium-tampa-fl-id-33848256

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
No dealer is going to hit the 15% off MSRP. With the shutdown due to covid pickings are slim and there is going to be a wait for the backfill to happen.

If you can get a dealer to hit 6 to 10% off MSRP on a 20, run with it...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you can get a dealer to hit 6 to 10% off MSRP on a 20, run with it...
plenty of 12-13% off out there right now. But sure, find an 'old' MY20 and you should be able to get 15% here shortly if not today.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
plenty of 12-13% off out there right now. But sure, find an 'old' MY20 and you should be able to get 15% here shortly if not today.
What @shogun32 wrote is partly true - there are some awesome deals, but my experience has been that they're in his area (VA) and not across the country. Markets vary.

For me, I couldn't get my dealer anywhere near that until I started cross-shopping with VA dealers (I'm about 6 hours from most of them) and that helped me push the local guys a bit lower. I still could have saved a few hundred by going to VA, but some of those folks (Koons) do a bait and switch, which annoyed me.

The more specific (orange, recarros, etc.) you get, the less likely you are to find what you want and you are making it more difficult to compare prices.

Sponsored

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I should have stated that I was including tax. 15% is not gonna happen including tax. IMHO of course. Huge dealers might be able to pull it off, but "regular" dealers wont.

OP
OP

John_B

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sold
Thanks for the replies guys. I am going to call all of my local dealers first and see what kind of deals they offer and then if i need to, cross shop out of state.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I should have stated that I was including tax
you can't. Some states are 3%, other 7 or more. Some allow you to reduce the tax bill by counting the residual of whatever was traded in. Others take their pound of flesh. The only way to have a rational comparison (in USA) is with sales tax excluded.

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I should have stated that I was including tax. 15% is not gonna happen including tax. IMHO of course. Huge dealers might be able to pull it off, but "regular" dealers wont.
Are you guys suggesting getting 15% off including the available incentives too? Or is that just 15% off of the msrp

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
15% off however you got there. On leftover '19 you can see 23% off incl dealer discount and ford rebates.
Sponsored