2020 GT Premium Fastback

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Wow. That's crazy that it takes so long to get a Mustang delivered but I'm sure there are a lot of contributing factors. I hope your car comes in soon! Cheers!
Thanks!

And well when you hear the timeline it still is stupid

December 30th - Date of order
March 9th - original build date (which actually was BEFORE the Covid19 shutdown)
June 22nd - actual build date
August 29th - ETA at dealer in Denmark.
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Could be worse. Ordered January 17th, original build date May 25th, actual build date July 15th, left US on August 5th. ETA early October. :frown:
Despite ordering it just two weeks later than you (of which the first shouldn't count, as the first January week is usually dead for business), the original build date was 2.5 months later than yours, actual build date almost one month later than yours, and then it spent three weeks just sitting around before they shipped it.
I guess they build and ship according to a priority assigned to each market. The highest demand for Mustangs comes from the US, therefore they start building immediately and ship each car as soon as it's finished. For other markets they probably wait until either a certain number of orders are received, or a long enough time has passed. If you're lucky enough that many of your fellow countrymen are ordering Mustangs at the same time as you, then you'll probably have yours earlier. If not, then tough luck, you just wait until they've built everyone else's cars and they have time for you.

Last edited:

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
@Vlad Soare - Aw that's bad! When I think of my nightmare... and your's even worse! One day I will show up in Bucharest... You'll point out the bar and the first round is on me! :fistbump:

Sponsored

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Ras, any news? Your car should be there by now.
It finally arrived in Denmark at the dealer on August 28th and is being prepped for me to pick it up on Friday!
It is like time is standing still, haha. And from waiting since late December and now I know it is only 3 days - kinda hard to believe :crazy:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Wow! Two weeks? What do they have to prepare that takes two weeks? :shock:
I'm glad it arrived right on schedule. That gives me hope that mine might be on time as well. But I will definitely be at the dealer within half an hour of finding out that it has arrived, and I won't be going home without it. No way I'm gonna allow them two weeks of preparation. I will pick it up unprepared, whatever that means.
Unless by 'preparation' they mean realigning the body panels or fixing water leaks - in which case I will give them as much time as they need. :crackup:

Last edited:

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2013 V6 Mustang Convertible, 2020 GT Convertible CS
Boom. 25 days.
20200803_184231.jpg
Wow, I ordered mine 3 days after urs and I am still waiting. Tracker has it due in 2 days yet the "in transit" button is not ticked so no idea.

OP
OP
AMC401V8

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
Wow, I ordered mine 3 days after urs and I am still waiting. Tracker has it due in 2 days yet the "in transit" button is not ticked so no idea.
That's great news that it's on the way to you! What a pleasure these cars are to drive

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Wow! Two weeks? What do they have to prepare that takes two weeks? :shock:
The dealer is a few hours drive from my location so it had to be arranged and did fit into the plans

Also it will be treated with a wax coating inside the body panels, doors and under the car to both protect against corrotion and soundproof it against road noice.

Next when that has set the entire car will be paint prepped and sealed of with a protection much similar to ceramic coating but easier treatable afterwards. Also there will be clear protection film on areas which often is hit by rock chips to avoid this.

I could have picked up the car a week earlier, but I have already waited since December and I think I can wait a couple more days if that means that the protection that is being added to the car will cure better :like:

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Oh, I see, it's something that you specifically requested. It makes sense then. I didn't know you could have all that done by your dealer. That's really nice.
I'm planning to do some of those things after I pick up the car. I'm pretty sure my dealer doesn't do ceramic coating or protection film, but there are specialized companies all around the city.

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Oh, I see, it's something that you specifically requested
Yeah exactly! - it is different shops doing it but it is arranged by the car salesman.
I got it included in the price of the car so I both save money but also by doing it that way I'm sure it is done correctly cause if I'm not happy with the result when I pick up the car I will make a complaint and I bet the dealer won't have that on his shoulders :crackup:

I'm planning myself to go nuts when it gets home! I have a week vacation from Friday when I pick up the car and I plan on following (You might have seen my list already)

- Ford Performance X-Pipe
- Ford Performance hood struts
- Ford Performance strut tower brace
- K&N oiled airfilter
- JLT Oil seperator both sides
- Fog/reverse light swap to LED
- Taillight swap to sequential lights
- All interior light swap to bright white LED
- Dashcam install
- Ceramic coating of roof and trunk panel (To protect the piano black paint since it is a magnet to scratches)
- Trunk pull strap
- Trunk pop springs
- Door striker/latch covers
- A few other cosmetic changes and rewiring of the electric in the car.

I think I forgot to mention that I'm planning on using a LOT of fuel the next couple of weeks! :rockon:

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2013 V6 Mustang Convertible, 2020 GT Convertible CS
That's great news that it's on the way to you! What a pleasure these cars are to drive
It's actually not exciting. It's enraging. Supposed to have been delivered tomorrow, just changed to 17 days, and the in transit is still not checked. 3rd time delivery date has changed. I might just go buy a Camaro I am so pissed.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's actually not exciting. It's enraging. Supposed to have been delivered tomorrow, just changed to 17 days, and the in transit is still not checked. 3rd time delivery date has changed. I might just go buy a Camaro I am so pissed.
It's OK. Everything is going to be fine.......Breathe!

1599691201845.png