2020 premium GT is this price good?

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So much for being in the federal witness protection program ............... :wink:
And driving around in a bright orange mustang isnt going to do much for laying either low haha
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Soooooo true ! :cwl:

OP
OP

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
This is the latest offer I got. $43,500 plus tax and fee and I get 0%. It seems like different salesman gave different price. The other salesman offers me $41,886 plus tax and fee and 0%. Msrp is $45,615, so $43,500 does not seem much discount

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This is the latest offer I got. $43,500 plus tax and fee and I get 0%. It seems like different salesman gave different price. The other salesman offers me $41,886 plus tax and fee and 0%. Msrp is $45,615, so $43,500 does not seem much discount
The sales person makes a comission based on the percentage of gross left on the vehicle, usually about 25 to 30%. Who ever is offering you the lowest is trying harder to get a deal. For me personally the best time to purchase the vehicle is the last 10 days of the month as the dealerships need to hit certain sales targets and as such are much more willing to play ball. If I were you, I would try to go to at least 3 dealerships and make genuine offers e.g present credit card etc. Let the sales person take the offer to the sales manager and see what their response is. If you get atleast three offers then you could pretty much take the lowest and try to purchase that at your dealership of choice, I am guessing something closer to your home and more convenient for services as well.
I had been in constant touch with a sales manager for over the last year so he got to know me pretty well and I basically got mine $200 over cost. They are a big dealership so they care more about volume than gross mostly, at least in my experience. It would also help to find a dealership like that. i hope that helps.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
The sales person makes a comission based on the percentage of gross left on the vehicle, usually about 25 to 30%. Who ever is offering you the lowest is trying harder to get a deal. For me personally the best time to purchase the vehicle is the last 10 days of the month as the dealerships need to hit certain sales targets and as such are much more willing to play ball. If I were you, I would try to go to at least 3 dealerships and make genuine offers e.g present credit card etc. Let the sales person take the offer to the sales manager and see what their response is. If you get atleast three offers then you could pretty much take the lowest and try to purchase that at your dealership of choice, I am guessing something closer to your home and more convenient for services as well.
I had been in constant touch with a sales manager for over the last year so he got to know me pretty well and I basically got mine $200 over cost. They are a big dealership so they care more about volume than gross mostly, at least in my experience. It would also help to find a dealership like that. i hope that helps.

How do you know what’s left of gross?

Sponsored

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I had been trying to purchase this car for over a year. I knew the numbers since I had went to a few dealerships and they knew that I was serious but they just didt have the car I wanted. When I went to multiple dealerships and the bottom line number being said was the same, I figured that it was the correct number. Then I checked unhaggle and other dealercost generating sources and I got the same. I actually ended up getting significantly lower than unhaggle.com which kinda of shows that they arent all that accurate. I just did my due diligence and worked out the numbers eventually.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I had been trying to purchase this car for over a year. I knew the numbers since I had went to a few dealerships and they knew that I was serious but they just didt have the car I wanted. When I went to multiple dealerships and the bottom line number being said was the same, I figured that it was the correct number. Then I checked unhaggle and other dealercost generating sources and I got the same. I actually ended up getting significantly lower than unhaggle.com which kinda of shows that they arent all that accurate. I just did my due diligence and worked out the numbers eventually.

Never even heard of unhaggle... have to check it out. It is similar to true car?

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Never even heard of unhaggle... have to check it out. It is similar to true car?
Yes, here in toronto unhaggle is pretty popular. I just did a search on truecar and it seems similar but unhaggle was more specific with the packages etc. Keep in mind though, you can still get a better deal than unhaggle, those numbers should be used as a guiding tool.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yes, here in toronto unhaggle is pretty popular. I just did a search on truecar and it seems similar but unhaggle was more specific with the packages etc. Keep in mind though, you can still get a better deal than unhaggle, those numbers should be used as a guiding tool.
u haggle doesn’t work in the US, tried it

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
u haggle doesn’t work in the US, tried it
That kinda sucks. But after going over so many numbers I can tell you that the bottom line for the car after incentives is 8-10% off e.g. my car's msrp was 50790 and then we took the incentive of $6000 off and then they gave me another $3800 off the vehicle, that's their gross. So I paid $41000 plus taxes for mine when the msrp was $50790. Now, you are in the us so things could be expected to be a little different but car sales do not change too much I dont think. Just calculate it roughly based on how mine worked and it should be ok. If not, just send me the details of your car and I can help calculate how much you should be looking to spend.
Cheers

Sponsored
OP
OP

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
That kinda sucks. But after going over so many numbers I can tell you that the bottom line for the car after incentives is 8-10% off e.g. my car's msrp was 50790 and then we took the incentive of $6000 off and then they gave me another $3800 off the vehicle, that's their gross. So I paid $41000 plus taxes for mine when the msrp was $50790. Now, you are in the us so things could be expected to be a little different but car sales do not change too much I dont think. Just calculate it roughly based on how mine worked and it should be ok. If not, just send me the details of your car and I can help calculate how much you should be looking to spend.
Cheers
That is close to 20% off Msrp. I only ask the dealers at 15% off Msrp plus tax and fee. They are still not accepting and their doc fee is $499

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That is close to 20% off Msrp. I only ask the dealers at 15% off Msrp plus tax and fee. They are still not accepting and their doc fee is $499
you should keep checking in with multiple dealers, someone will play ball.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
Cheers
I got nearly the same deal at the end of March before COVID things got really crazy. 50,800 MSRP and before tax, tag title and trade I was at 40,800. I will say my case was slightly more unique as I was looking at an unpopular color(lime green) and the car had been sitting on the lot for 4 months so they may have had more incentive to move it. I think whats hurting your haggling abilities right now is the lack of inventory. With the shutdown and the inability to bring in more cars to the lots I don't think many dealers are eager to offer massive discounts on what they got. When I bought my car, the dealer I was shopping at still had 130+ Mustangs. They're sitting at 48 right now.

So I think you have to ask yourself, are you deadset on getting the best possible deal, or would you prefer to have your car soon and not have to wait? I think waiting will ultimately bring better deals as things return to normal and inventory increases but understandably some would rather spend the extra dough and get to drive the car rather than wait a year for better deals to pop up.

OP
OP

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
I will keep looking, but it looks like I going to have to wait later then. If I can’t get the car to enjoy this summer, then I will wait till next year.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah I think on 50k that around 40-42k is more than doable before you add in the BS.
Sponsored