Sponsored

2020 Ecoboost High Performance Package SCCA class

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The I4 1LE is in DS, the V6 1LE is in FS and the V8 1LE is in BS.
You are correct and that'll teach me to lookup the actual classing instead of going by some Google search that brings up another forum.

It's likely to be in DS then.

destoups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Des
Vehicle(s)
Crimson red EB PP 10A
DS my bet as well (I've owned two of these and pretty much every other DS car too). Wheels are pretty much the only class-killer component.

Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
DS my bet as well (I've owned two of these and pretty much every other DS car too). Wheels are pretty much the only class-killer component.
Hi Des. It sure would be a fun DS car and overall Mustang to live with I'm thinking.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
destoups,
"DS my bet as well (I've owned two of these and pretty much every other DS car too). Wheels are pretty much the only class-killer component."

RIP Des and Amber. I didn't know Amber but I did know of Des through this forum when the S550 Mustang first came out and in the years since at autocross events all over the West Coast.

Des moved on from the Mustang a few years ago but it was always great to see him at events and catch up. I was at the Packwood Tour and that went off without a hitch. Something horrible happened at the ProSolo this past weekend, though. Damn.

two-scca-members-pass-away-from-incident-at-packwood-prosolo

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Tangential, but how do you kill the engine when you have no clutch, not enough brake and there is no key? Are you required to wire in a kill switch?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Tangential, but how do you kill the engine when you have no clutch, not enough brake and there is no key? Are you required to wire in a kill switch?
Is that related to what went down at Packwood? I wasn't able to find much info.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Is that related to what went down at Packwood? I wasn't able to find much info.
No idea. It was just a thought that popped into my head reading the description.

I would guess it was more likely a stroke or heart attack or vac failure.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
No idea. It was just a thought that popped into my head reading the description.

i know the DP cars in my local region have kill switches. Still gotta remember to use it tho.

We had a DP miata go offsite and punch through a fence due to a mechanically stuck ITB - a bung inside the ITB airbox/cover came loose and stuck in the throttle plate. With the throttle stuck, car failed to negotiate a tight sweeper and left the course.

usually our incidents are driver error but not always. We even had a course worker get struck from a spinning car. He was ok but he left the ground.

the proximity to bystanders, course workers and grid cars/drivers is usually The biggest safety risk in this sport. Sites are too small and everyone is basically untrained.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

Hold down your start/stop button while moving. Just be warned, if you are still rolling, your car won't turn back on for 5 minutes or so. Almost like everything goes dead for a little while.

I learned this at a Pro Solo and then testing my car in a parking lot.

We will learn more as the story drip outs. Don't really want to speculate. That sucks. RIP to both of them.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
destoups,
"DS my bet as well (I've owned two of these and pretty much every other DS car too). Wheels are pretty much the only class-killer component."

RIP Des and Amber. I didn't know Amber but I did know of Des through this forum when the S550 Mustang first came out and in the years since at autocross events all over the West Coast.

Des moved on from the Mustang a few years ago but it was always great to see him at events and catch up. I was at the Packwood Tour and that went off without a hitch. Something horrible happened at the ProSolo this past weekend, though. Damn.

two-scca-members-pass-away-from-incident-at-packwood-prosolo
That's horrible. It makes me sick to even think of deaths at a bloody autocross.
Sponsored