Sponsored

2019+ Voodoo Changes

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Holy sh!t. Better let Ford Engineers know they been getting this wrong for a while.
Let's be real car manufacturers are about profit they don't want the best of the best like we do and while it very well may stay at 5w-50 the entire time I don't think its crazy to believe that.
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Let's be real car manufacturers are about profit they don't want the best of the best like we do and while it very well may stay at 5w-50 the entire time I don't think its crazy to believe that.
Generally agree but let's be real clear here. If Ford were that kind of manufacturer then the higher end motors like the 350, Boss, Trinity, etc wouldn't have 5/50. That's what it was engineered and track tested to with. I'll be that guy who isn't gonna get fancy and just stick to MC and 3500 mile oil changes. I know, I know, my motor will surely blow up or spin a bearing soon.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
I think I get what you are saying. Added punctuation to the first sentence so it makes more sense. Without a break, it can be taken a couple of different ways. I first read it as “No chance the FPC is dead after the 350”. Obviously a much different meaning.

No chance. The FPC is dead after the 350. It’s just to much risk to put into front engine cars. Also ford signed a deal with Cali to continue the tree hugging emissions standards the obama admin put in place so the 500 is gonna be the last of its kind as well as everything moves to electric.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
If you disagree show evidence. Sarcasm does nothing.
Amsoil is quite a bit better. Motorcraft is basically 10w-35 after 1500 miles.
Basically...where's your evidence? I'm not disputing that MC doesn't lose it's viscosity but the when and under what conditions? How long till it does? And again, under what conditions? You think a guy like me who has an occaisional track day then changes oil is ok to use the Motor Crap? How about drives his R spirited and changes oil every 3500? Will Motor Crap work for that? Lol.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
No chance the FPC is dead after the 350 its just to much risk to put into front engine cars. Also ford signed a deal with Cali to continue the tree hugging emissions standards the obama admin put in place so the 500 is gonna be the last of its kind as well as everything moves to electric.
With everything else going electric and hybrid that mean there is more overhead for the V8's, the MPG ratings are a brand average.

Also I'm fine with Ford acknowledging states rights to make its own emissions laws over a Federal law.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Basically...where's your evidence? I'm not disputing that MC doesn't lose it's viscosity but the when and under what conditions? How long till it does? And again, under what conditions? You think a guy like me who has an occaisional track day then changes oil is ok to use the Motor Crap? How about drives his R spirited and changes oil every 3500? Will Motor Crap work for that? Lol.
I’m not sure what you’re asking sounding like a teenager. You’re mind is made up. Search is your friend. It’s right there.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I’m not sure what you’re asking sounding like a teenager. You’re mind is made up. Search is your friend. It’s right there.
Ok thanks.

17. I bought it used with 1500 miles 13 months ago, so yeah I drive the hell out of it. I did throw some amsoil once or twice but since it started burning oil at an increasing rate I didn’t want Ford to give me any reason to not cover it so I’ve been coming in and paying for oil changes and reporting my oil needs.
So let me get your story straight. You bought it used with 1500 miles on it. Motor good to go for thousands of miles. Changed to Amsoil once or twice. Oil issues show up. Does that sum it up?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Generally agree but let's be real clear here. If Ford were that kind of manufacturer then the higher end motors like the 350, Boss, Trinity, etc wouldn't have 5/50. That's what it was engineered and track tested to with. I'll be that guy who isn't gonna get fancy and just stick to MC and 3500 mile oil changes. I know, I know, my motor will surely blow up or spin a bearing soon.
Almost 18,000 miles on my car. Broken in at autocross at 200 miles. Exclusively Motor Crud 5W-50. 4500 change intervals. Over 200 autocross runs, half dozen track days. According to the internet, I'm on my 3rd motor. But actually I'm on my first, tight as a drum, and burning very minimal oil. My last oil change showed half a quart missing.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
In the interest of fairness, I'll go ahead and throw out there that two of my local 350 guys run Amsoil exclusively. Both are 17s and one has around 20k miles while the other has around 50k miles with no issues. Personally, I have been running Motorcraft for 18k miles with 3k mile oil changes. I haven't had any motor issues but I do consume around 1 quart every 1500-2k miles. I have noticed that I generally won't consume any in the first 1k miles after an oil change and then the consumption increases as I rack up mileage on the oil. Because of this, I recently switched to Amsoil because of its reputation for holding viscosity to see if the consumption drops.

Sponsored

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
In the interest of fairness, I'll go ahead and throw out there that two of my local 350 guys run Amsoil exclusively. Both are 17s and one has around 20k miles while the other has around 50k miles with no issues. Personally, I have been running Motorcraft for 18k miles with 3k mile oil changes. I haven't had any motor issues but I do consume around 1 quart every 1500-2k miles. I have noticed that I generally won't consume any in the first 1k miles after an oil change and then the consumption increases as I rack up mileage on the oil. Because of this, I recently switched to Amsoil because of its reputation for holding viscosity to see if the consumption drops.
I have experienced the same thing. Mine will use a quart in the first 1000 miles after the oil change then 2-3 quarts every 1000 miles after that. I originally was using strictly amsoil but switched to motorcraft after burning through a couple of cases of the amsoil. I wasnt tracking consumption then however since switching to motorcraft I have been

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
For another data point, I first changed oil at about 1,000 miles. Ran exclusively Motorcraft 5w 50 per the manual. Ended up with 33,000 miles when I sold the car. It never burned oil. It never made any unusual noises - nothing much different than the past Ford Coyote V8 engines I've had in Mustangs.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have experienced the same thing. Mine will use a quart in the first 1000 miles after the oil change then 2-3 quarts every 1000 miles after that. I originally was using strictly amsoil but switched to motorcraft after burning through a couple of cases of the amsoil. I wasnt tracking consumption then however since switching to motorcraft I have been
Too bad you weren't tracking consumption when you were running Amsoil, I'm curious if it got worse when you switched to Motorcraft. Guess I'll find out soon enough if mine improves with Amsoil or not. With the amount that you are burning, I would be hitting up a dealer for a consumption test. 2-3 quarts in 1k miles is pretty excessive.

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
Too bad you weren't tracking consumption when you were running Amsoil, I'm curious if it got worse when you switched to Motorcraft. Guess I'll find out soon enough if mine improves with Amsoil or not. With the amount that you are burning, I would be hitting up a dealer for a consumption test. 2-3 quarts in 1k miles is pretty excessive.
Yes I am curious how much if any of a difference the amsoil will make. This certainainly makes a difference for anyone trying for an engine replacement since the consumption doesnt really kick in hard til after the first 1000 miles. Ford only looks at the first 500 after the oil change.
Sponsored