GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
My 1,000 mile factory fill Motorcraft sheared to 5w40, tested by Blackstone.
Sponsored

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
I want to say with full disclosure that I am not a mechanic and I am not an engineer. However, I was told the GT350 Voodoo engine was not built for a supercharger BECAUSE of the FPC. The FPC is not built to handle the extra boost/pressure of the SC. Although the GT500 and the GT350 are now sharing the same engine block, the GT500 is using the CPC and CAN handle the boost/pressure produced by the SC, while the GT350 has the FPC and should not have a SC installed.
Very interesting. Same disclosure here; aware that it is a side topic... could someone with an engineering / mechanical background enlighten here so as to why this may be true / false? Please and thanks :)

OP
OP
GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Very interesting. Same disclosure here; aware that it is a side topic... could someone with an engineering / mechanical background enlighten here so as to why this may be true / false? Please and thanks :)
The Voodoo was built as a naturally aspirated high RPM engine. Ford Performance stated the FPC will be unique to the GT350. It has nothing to do with the ability to handle boost.

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
You have a great car and should LOVE it. We all struggle with the thoughts of waiting for the next MY and the next new improvements. But then think about all the fun and drive time you would have missed out on. Drive it and enjoy it and don't look in the rear view mirror. Life is too short and getting shorter. Enjoy the ride my friend it don't get any better than this.
THIS!! We call it getting "hung up on the minutia" which I take to mean that folks get caught up in some little things their car doesn't have but they've had no problems and have loved the car right up until they hear that there's a better one available.

Unless you're a top tier driving talent out on track trying to eke out that extra half a second, you will most likely really never even notice the difference. Not that everyone doesn't want the peace of mind that maybe their engine is a little more dependable, but back to the point, enjoy driving what is, in my opinion, one of the absolutely coolest cars ever put into the hands of knuckle heads like myself. A car that just looks and sounds angry all the time, that makes over 525 hp and is fun even in traffic and one that just looks great from every angle, in every color combination I've seen. It's a hell of a car and that doesn't change whether it's a 2016 or a 2019!!

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
You have a great car and should LOVE it. We all struggle with the thoughts of waiting for the next MY and the next new improvements. But then think about all the fun and drive time you would have missed out on. Drive it and enjoy it and don't look in the rear view mirror. Life is too short and getting shorter. Enjoy the ride my friend it don't get any better than this.
THIS!! We call it getting "hung up on the minutia" which I take to mean that folks get caught up in some little things their car doesn't have but they've had no problems and have loved the car right up until they hear that there's a better one available.

Unless you're a top tier driving talent out on track trying to eke out that extra half a second, you will most likely really never even notice the difference. Not that everyone doesn't want the peace of mind that maybe their engine is a little more dependable, but back to the point, enjoy driving what is, in my opinion, one of the absolutely coolest cars ever put into the hands of knuckle heads like myself. A car that just looks and sounds angry all the time, that makes over 525 hp and is fun even in traffic and one that just looks great from every angle in every color combination I've seen. It's a hell of a car and that doesn't change because of the production date!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Unless you're a top tier driving talent out on track trying to eke out that extra half a second, you will most likely really never even notice the difference. Not that everyone doesn't want the peace of mind that maybe their engine is a little more dependable, but back to the point, enjoy driving what is, in my opinion, one of the absolutely coolest card every out into the hands of knuckle heads like myself. A car that just looks and sounds angry all the time, that makes over 525 hp and is fun even in traffic and one that just looks great from revert angle in every color combination I've seen. It's a hell of a car and that doesn't change whether it's a 2016 or a 2019!!
So the 2015ā€™s are not good? And here I thought it was the 2017ā€™s -

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Shows what I know; didn't realize there was a 2015 model... FLETC huh? You're an instructor there? I went through UPTP in 2006.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I think the stuff that came as options to make the car a better performer in 15/16 were the things that came stock in 17... or something like that.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I think the stuff that came as options to make the car a better performer in 15/16 were the things that came stock in 17... or something like that.
The only 15 models were the super limited R like less than 100 I think maybe 35 built. For 16 you had the track pack and tech pack normal 350s along with the R. For 17 people had overheating so they put all the coolers on all 350s and the mag ride standard no standard suspension anymore.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The only 15 models were the super limited R like less than 100 I think maybe 35 built. For 16 you had the track pack and tech pack normal 350s along with the R. For 17 people had overheating so they put all the coolers on all 350s and the mag ride standard no standard suspension anymore.
I knew it was something like that.

Sponsored

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
I think 137 total GT350s were produced in 2015. 50 GT350s with the Tech Package, 50 with the Track Package, and 37 GT350Rs. If I recall, I think almost all of the 2015's were exec cars or essentially unobtaniums, although I see some of them have popped up for sale now.

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Shows what I know; didn't realize there was a 2015 model... FLETC huh? You're an instructor there? I went through UPTP in 2006.
Iā€™m not a LEI. Iā€™m a FLETC/MRSD/MMD/MSB - P/D. I just did a shoot with USSS last spring about that program. I got here in 2005. Two more years and I retire. FLETCShooter is my game tag. I used to play some online games with some FLETC LEIā€™s years ago. It stuck.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Iā€™m not a LEI. Iā€™m a FLETC/MRSD/MMD/MSB - P/D. I just did a shoot with USSS last spring about that program. I got here in 2005. Two more years and I retire. FLETCShooter is my game tag. I used to play some online games with some FLETC LEIā€™s years ago. It stuck.
Can I buy a vowel, Pat?
Sponsored