Sponsored

2019 B&O Subwoofer Install Help?

nathanks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Here's what I did.

Sub: Dayton Audio RSS265HO-44, this sub is a DVC 4 ohm on each coil.

As you can see from the first pic, this sub fits in between the raised sections in the housing perfectly. Unfortunately the basket is too large for the housing so it will not sit flush without cutting the hole bigger. I didn't want to cut the hole any larger as it would have weakened the mounting structure. This means you can't re-use the original cover, but I think it looks great without it. I'ts only just slightly larger than the whole so I looked for a gasket I could use to move it away from the face of the cutout. I installed a 15mmx15mm EDPM rubber gasket (.059") around the sub with contact cement, then screwed it to the housing. Fantastic sound, but next step will be an LC2I and a separate amp. Until then, this kicks pretty hard:)

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, it helped me decide what I wanted to do:)

IMG_3039.jpg
IMG_3043.jpg
IMG_3045.jpg
IMG_3046.jpg
IMG_3047.jpg
Thank you for sharing this. The gasket under the lip was a solid idea. Where did you get that gasket?
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I think that poster is located in Australia.

Thank you for sharing this. The gasket under the lip was a solid idea. Where did you get that gasket?

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Here's what I did.

Sub: Dayton Audio RSS265HO-44, this sub is a DVC 4 ohm on each coil.

As you can see from the first pic, this sub fits in between the raised sections in the housing perfectly. Unfortunately the basket is too large for the housing so it will not sit flush without cutting the hole bigger. I didn't want to cut the hole any larger as it would have weakened the mounting structure. This means you can't re-use the original cover, but I think it looks great without it. I'ts only just slightly larger than the whole so I looked for a gasket I could use to move it away from the face of the cutout. I installed a 15mmx15mm EDPM rubber gasket (.059") around the sub with contact cement, then screwed it to the housing. Fantastic sound, but next step will be an LC2I and a separate amp. Until then, this kicks pretty hard:)

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, it helped me decide what I wanted to do:)
Did the bolt circle match between OEM and Dayton woofers?
Only the inner circle was off?
Did you push the connector pins out instead of snip the wires?

I may try this woofer, but wired in series to be 8ohm. Currently I run my B&O subwoofer at only a couple clicks off minimum loudness. Rather than deal with line level attenuation, it would be simpler to just quadruple the impedance. That should (theoretically) drop the sensitivity by 6dB, and that still may not be enough for balanced sounding bass.

I supposed I could also mount this woofer backwards, and then there would not be an issue with the inner hole circle mismatch. Another idea is to get the Dayton 8" woofer version, and then make an MDF adapter plate between the box and woofer. Could possibly then reuse the OEM ring and grille. The 8" response could very well be flatter than the 10" because the cone area is smaller for the small sub box.

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Did the bolt circle match between OEM and Dayton woofers?
Only the inner circle was off?
Did you push the connector pins out instead of snip the wires?
No, the bolt circle doesn’t match, and since subs are fairly standard in their hole spacing I don’t think any would. There is no inner circle there is only one. Also the diameter between the factory holes is quite a bit larger which is Why looks kinda like it has ears on it.

I snipped the wires.

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Where’d you buy the B&O I need a replacement for my car or were you just upgrading the speaker inside...

If anyone knows where I can buy the replacement /speaker that goes in the trunk or the from cover piece let me know...

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Where’d you buy the B&O I need a replacement for my car or were you just upgrading the speaker inside...
I have a 20 Convertible with the B&O option so just replacing the speaker.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Came out looking pretty nice. My only concern would be damage via items in the trunk.

Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
When i look up part numbers over the internet, i don't get the B&O subwoofer shown for a 2019 model year, it shows only the older shaker subwoofer. :(

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
ok any word on where u can get a new enclosure?
Do you want to keep everything OEM with the right-side trunk location? You could consider getting an enclosure that goes behind the rear seat. Here is a half-width enclosure that allows the right rear seat to fold down and thus you can put in a long item (even folding down the passenger seat if necessary):

mustang15t1rfhalfbox-7T.jpg

Of course then you'd have the challenge of getting the cables over to it.
Sponsored