Sponsored

2019 B&O Subwoofer Install Help?

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys,
Hoping more experienced dudes can chime in to help confirm.

Got a 2019 GT with 401A B&O system. Sounds pretty good, better than Shaker for sure...but Subwoofer wasn't a tight bass sound that I'm used to with systems.
Added Poly fill to the enclosure which helped tighten the sound up a bit, but still wasn't happy.
I Bought a JL 10W1v3-4 Subwoofer Driver 4 ohm 300w (These are 10 inch subs in the B&O) and I'm ready to install it.

Question I have is about wiring the stock connectors to the Positive and Negative input on the JL sub.

Do I just combine the Black & Green Wires together and connect to the Negative input on JL?
And combine the Purple and Yellow wires to the Positive Input on the JL?

Pics below of enclosure, stock sub and JL sub comparison and connectors.
Thanks!
sub 1.jpg
Sub stock vs JL.jpg
Sub stock vs JL 2.jpg
Sub stock vs JL 3.jpg
Sub stock vs JL 4.jpg
Wiring sub.jpg

Sub 2.jpg
Sponsored

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I think your going to be told to cut them, and wire 2 wires to each terminal. 2 positive 2 negative. I think thats for double voice coil. (jut going off my memory) wait til others chime in. it'll be wired for 2 ohm.

I dont honestly remember coloring pairs. im not good at this stuff, but I had to do this once and I did what I just wrote and ran the sub fine.

OP
OP
NickBlack

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
I think your going to be told to cut them, and wire 2 wires to each terminal. 2 positive 2 negative. I think thats for double voice coil. (jut going off my memory) wait til others chime in. it'll be wired for 2 ohm.

I dont honestly remember coloring pairs. im not good at this stuff, but I had to do this once and I did what I just wrote and ran the sub fine.
Thanks man, yeah that's what I'm thinking as well, just want to be sure.
Appreciate the input.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Subbed for replies...would love to add more bass at some point to mine too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NickBlack

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Subbed for replies...would love to add more bass at some point to mine too.
Yeah, hoping the JL sub hits great with just the stock amp! The rest of the speaker are quite good, maybe I'll change out the center speaker when I change my dash to Matte Carbon fiber...the center speaker sounds a bit flat/muddy.

OP
OP
NickBlack

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Anyone know how I can connect these wires to the sub? Not sure which wires are what....about to start guessing and connecting stuff here and see what happens

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Anyone know how I can connect these wires to the sub? Not sure which wires are what....about to start guessing and connecting stuff here and see what happens
You can email/call Crutchfield or JL Audio and probably get a faster response. My buddy bought some stuff a few weeks ago and was installing into his GT500. He called Crutchfield and they helped him though a couple of wiring nightmares. He replaced his head unit and added front and rear camera, and two speakers. I have deep respect for people doing this themselves, the cables are crazy.

OP
OP
NickBlack

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
You can email/call Crutchfield or JL Audio and probably get a faster response. My buddy bought some stuff a few weeks ago and was installing into his GT500. He called Crutchfield and they helped him though a couple of wiring nightmares. He replaced his head unit and added front and rear camera, and two speakers. I have deep respect for people doing this themselves, the cables are crazy.
JL Audio only had an online form...but I'll hit up Crutchfield, great idea! Thanks

OP
OP
NickBlack

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Wasn't able to get the info. Can anyone help with this?

Sponsored

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Just call a subwoofer shop, they can probably tell you with those 4 wires which are positive which are negative.

There’s 2 pairs there. I myself, would assume each of those wires in the clips is a positive and negative. Or else why would they be separated instead of 1 wire?

I’m not a pro. Just my guesstimate. Crutchfield should confirm.

OP
OP
NickBlack

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Okay got impatient after work and got it hooked up sounds great! I'm sure a better amp would make it sound more powerful but it's a big improvement over stock sub.

For others who are interested...

Black and Purple wires go to the negative input.
Yellow and Green wires positive.

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Does the OEM speaker happen to show any specifications? Ohms or watts?
If not, would you mind checking each set of connectors for resistance with a multimeter? I cannot find definite specifications anywhere, yet.

Thanks

OP
OP
NickBlack

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Does the OEM speaker happen to show any specifications? Ohms or watts?
If not, would you mind checking each set of connectors for resistance with a multimeter? I cannot find definite specifications anywhere, yet.

Thanks
Sorry don't have a multi meter and I'm not sure the specs either. The stock sub is junk lol

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
How much of an improvement double? One third? I’m a hugeeee JL guy. This interest me on curiosity

JL has an 10tw3 shallow mount too.
Sponsored