Sponsored

2018 new dash thoughts?

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
What will manuals have in place of the current gear displayed inside the tach? It would be a letdown Ford doesn't add a sensor to display current gear in a manual.
I thought I saw a video that had the digital RPM numbers displayed in that corner. I'm going to try to find it again.
Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So are the digital gauges an option or are they the only gauges that will be available? I for one prefer the mechanical analog gauges.
The 12" digital cluster will be an option.

What do you guys think it'll cost? $500?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think the problem you gonna run into is gonna be sun light and temperature as we all know sun light is gonna cause difficulties seeing the screen and LCD does not like cold temperature.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I thought I saw a video that had the digital RPM numbers displayed in that corner. I'm going to try to find it again.
It's probably for the automatic.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
The 12" digital cluster will be an option.

What do you guys think it'll cost? $500?
I highly doubt it will be a standalone option, Ford is moving in the direction of other automakers in which they're making high priced options packages with very popular options. They'll probably package it together with some other tech stuff and call it the Technology package or something.

What I'm curious about is if you're able to view navigation information on that screen. It already displays current radio station, and i think it would be neat to see navigation information on that screen.

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I think the problem you gonna run into is gonna be sun light and temperature as we all know sun light is gonna cause difficulties seeing the screen and LCD does not like cold temperature.
Do you really think they haven't accounted for these things?

Audi's has had theirs for years, no issues with bright sunlight (designed to work in it) and cold is no issue.

The only issue just like with anything is if sun is in your eyes, you aren't seeing anything, whether its the analog, digital gauges or the car coming at you.

I highly doubt it will be a standalone option, Ford is moving in the direction of other automakers in which they're making high priced options packages with very popular options. They'll probably package it together with some other tech stuff and call it the Technology package or something.

What I'm curious about is if you're able to view navigation information on that screen. It already displays current radio station, and i think it would be neat to see navigation information on that screen.
Yep, it's going to packaged with most likely the other tech features like Audi does. An example is like this for Audi

Technology package $3250

• MMI® navigation plus with MMI® touch
  • Audi side assist
  • Audi connect® PRIME & PLUS
  • Audi virtual cockpit
  • MMI® radio
  • Audi pre sense® rear

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
What will manuals have in place of the current gear displayed inside the tach? It would be a letdown Ford doesn't add a sensor to display current gear in a manual.
I think where it shows PRD in the bottom middle will be swapped with the gear shown there. In all honesty though, if you're driving a manual and you need display to tell you what gear you're in, you're probably in trouble.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I think where it shows PRD in the bottom middle will be swapped with the gear shown there. In all honesty though, if you're driving a manual and you need display to tell you what gear you're in, you're probably in trouble.
They should have done a HUD like the Camaro did...would have been a nice feature for manuals or brought shift light over.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Aren't these LED and not LCD? You are absolutely correct in saying Liquid Crystal Displays don't like cold. But a Light Emitting Diode doesn't really care about temperature.

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
In what way would an automotive dash LCD screen need to be higher quality than a TV, or other consumer electronics?

Lap-tops, tablets and smart-phones all have LCD displays, and they get more abuse than any dashboard ever will. Unless you drop and break your LCD screen's glass, they last forever.

I think LCD displays are much more durable than given credit for.
Right but smartphones aren't 4000lb missiles that you risk your life to use each and every day. So let's say you're piloting a 4000lb hunk of metal at 80mph, you want to know as much info at possible. If you hit a pothole and it cuts out well that's a pretty severe lawsuit for the folks over at ford.

You're wrong buddy. Give it up

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
He doesn't want to be wrong just let him feel good. Someone who said they worked in the industry of building these kind of things confirm it and he still wants to believe his own assumptions. Ford could come in here themselves and say it and he would continue to try to argue with them.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Right but smartphones aren't 4000lb missiles that you risk your life to use each and every day. So let's say you're piloting a 4000lb hunk of metal at 80mph, you want to know as much info at possible. If you hit a pothole and it cuts out well that's a pretty severe lawsuit for the folks over at ford.

You're wrong buddy. Give it up
Again, modern electronics like phones and tablets get dropped every day, without having issues. That's more of an impact than hitting a pothole.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
He doesn't want to be wrong just let him feel good. Someone who said they worked in the industry of building these kind of things confirm it and he still wants to believe his own assumptions. Ford could come in here themselves and say it and he would continue to try to argue with them.
You should try bringing something to the discussion other than personal attacks.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
LOVE IT, UK RHD cars best get it or option!

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Only one word ....

AWESOME BABY ! :ford::cheers::headbang::thumbsup:
Sponsored