Sponsored

2018 GT PP1 Purchase, Thoughts?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The current market IS the current reality. It isn't in any way "unhinged" from anything. Prices are high right now, that's the current market. Basic supply and demand is controlling prices, as always.
sure, but values will revert to the mean and are already doing so. Buying anything used right now that is over trend is just stupid. A smart buyer (keeps their money in their pocket) ignores deviations from the norm.

these insane prices are not driven by demand, but more lack of supply. Sure it's "natural" in a purely mathmatical standpoint but that used car did not magically aquire more value. Every dollar over trend will suddenly vanish overnight.
Sponsored

OP
OP

3X4X4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
06 Tacoma TRD, 06 Wrangler Rubicon, 18 Renegade
must not have been that bad of a crash/damage then. What is the car in question?
Actually given the used-market insanity, you might be surprised what value you get for it. You ought to be having a diminished value discussion with your insurance company.
The damage is over $20,000. Is that not very bad?

It will not be my insurance company, it will be the person who hit me insurance. Yes, I will likely have to get another attorney for that. Not sure yet but in time I will hit them for diminished value. The car is ruined for my purpose. Nobody buys these types of cars for transportation tools.

J

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The damage is over $20,000. Is that not very bad?
on a 80,000 car? No. On a 30,000 car, yeah. I mangled the front right part of my car and that was a 6000 bill but the damage wasn't so great that I couldn't drive it the 25 miles to the body shop.

you still haven't said what model car got damaged.

OP
OP

3X4X4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
06 Tacoma TRD, 06 Wrangler Rubicon, 18 Renegade
on a 80,000 car? No. On a 30,000 car, yeah. I mangled the front right part of my car and that was a 6000 bill but the damage wasn't so great that I couldn't drive it the 25 miles to the body shop.

you still haven't said what model car got damaged.
Actually I did and I put a picture of it in the thread.

The question was rhetorical, I know it is bad. I did not start this thread to discuss my woes. I will just have to wait on a Mustang.

J
Sponsored