Sponsored

2018 Mustang Convertible Debut

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Now I will say. With the sloping angles up front now I think this looks better in a convertible than the 15-17. It helps the profile flow better. But seeing pictures with the top up is import. The cloth is what usually kills it for me.
Looks really good and yes waaaaay better then the 15-17.
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
It really needs to be a hard top vert
God I hope not... you want to kill the trunk space? I'll pass on a hard top... Nice having a trunk I can actually use for a weekend getaway for two... and not have to put the top up because my bags are in the backseat. Or worse, like an ex girlfriend's car, having to unpack and leave stuff because you have a small two seat car with no trunk space. lol

Current cloth top is just fine... no issues with it.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Me LIKE a lot. Cant wait for more pics and colors.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
It really needs to be a hard top vert

Not so sure I agree. I really like the trunk space available now with the soft top. Much harder to get that with a hard top. Maybe the S650 will give us both.

Last edited:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Damn... Ford actually managed to make a convertible look good!

What is sad though is that the convertible looks better then the coupe IMO...

Sponsored

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
Sign me up....my next car! Can't wait! Anyone seen Royal Crimson on a car?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I will be honest with you in saying I really despise convertibles. However, this looks good!

Last edited:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I will be honest with you in saying I really despite convertibles. However, this looks good!
I'm with you.:thumbsup: Feeling that Aston sexiness.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
God I hope not... you want to kill the trunk space? I'll pass on a hard top... Nice having a trunk I can actually use for a weekend getaway for two... and not have to put the top up because my bags are in the backseat. Or worse, like an ex girlfriend's car, having to unpack and leave stuff because you have a small two seat car with no trunk space. lol

Current cloth top is just fine... no issues with it.
AGREE 100%, hard tops kill the trunk space, BMW is regretting their 4 series hard top and will be moving that back to soft top in the next gen (i guess the word is in china they LOVE hardtops and that business case won out during product planning) MB is sticking with softtops for the C. Only place the hard top makes sense is in a touring roadster where the smaller top will save some trunk space. Think about 2 sets of golf clubs with the top down, what fun is it to cruise to the course with the top up. And in reality even with the top up the mechanism eats so much space not much can fit in

The hardtops on 4 seaters end up looking awkward and weird because of the breaks and adjustments that need to be made to fit in the trunk. I had a mustang vert rental this summer and was able to fit all my wife and my luggage for a 2 week trip in the trunk top down

bmw-4-series-convertible-review-2014-720p-41.jpg

Sponsored

Hetm@n$ki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What is sad though is that the convertible looks better then the coupe IMO...
I think it's because of the angle the photo. Nearest angle of the coupe to this convertible shot is this.

attachment.jpg

And it is beautiful, I think.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
AGREE 100%, hard tops kill the trunk space, BMW is regretting their 4 series hard top and will be moving that back to soft top in the next gen (i guess the word is in china they LOVE hardtops and that business case won out during product planning) MB is sticking with softtops for the C. Only place the hard top makes sense is in a touring roadster where the smaller top will save some trunk space. Think about 2 sets of golf clubs with the top down, what fun is it to cruise to the course with the top up. And in reality even with the top up the mechanism eats so much space not much can fit in

The hardtops on 4 seaters end up looking awkward and weird because of the breaks and adjustments that need to be made to fit in the trunk. I had a mustang vert rental this summer and was able to fit all my wife and my luggage for a 2 week trip in the trunk top down

bmw-4-series-convertible-review-2014-720p-41.jpg
Yeah and a station wagon can hold more bags and people. Even though it takes up trunk space, I still like hard top vents better. They look much better with the top up than a soft top

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Need to see it with the top up. Will probably look fugly.

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
Front end looks much better with the vert than the coupe, probably because it doesn't flow right with the top. The front is very busy and defined, the second thing that helps it a lot is those wheels they match the front and back very well with the angles, those are definitely the best rims for this design.

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
I'm not a convertible guy but this looks damn sexy.
Sponsored