Sponsored

2018 GT vs 2018 GT350

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
WITH ALL THE UPCOMING UPDATES TO THE REFRESHED MY18 GT, IS IT A BETTER VALVE THAN THE GT350.
COMPARABLY EQUIPPED, AT LEAST AS CLOSE AS YOU CAN, THE GT IS A REALLY NICE BANG FOR THE BUCK!

SOMETHING LIKE 46K vs 62K?
At 46K you still wont have the Aero, or the Brakes, or the transmission.

You will also have the most expensive mustang GT 46K one when there will be 30K GTs). Which means you resale will most likely be much worse then normal.

To clarify all GT350s are ~60K so the depreciation will start there. GTs start at 28k? so that will be the baseline where it starts.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
At 46K you still wont have the Aero, or the Brakes, or the transmission.

You will also have the most expensive mustang GT 46K one when there will be 30K GTs). Which means you resale will most likely be much worse then normal.

To clarify all GT350s are ~60K so the depreciation will start there. GTs start at 28k? so that will be the baseline where it starts.
This is a similar discusion as the thread debating a purchase for a track car between a Boss 302 vs GT350. Except! the argument for the Boss is much stronger than the argument for the 18 GT, Why? Cost. It will be much cheaper to build a Boss to match or spank a 350 than it will be to build an 18 GT. What I see as the biggest negative of the 18 GT once equipped with magnetic suspension is the weight. I owned a base 15 GT with performance package and it tipped the scales at over 3800!!!!!!!

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I say enjoy the car you purchased whether it be a GT or GT350. There will always be something new each model year. Enjoy what you have and don't worry about the latest feature in each new model year or you'll drive yourself crazy.

It's not all about the HP for me. If it were, I would have kept my C7. I wanted the GT350's better M6, brakes, suspension. FPC etc. I've driven a LOT of cars but none give me the thrill that the GT350 does. The GT is certainly a good deal and a fine car. For me, the GT was simply not the right car.

Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
This is the usual pattern for Mustangs. The 2012 Boss 302 had some nice goodies that you couldn't get on the 2012 GT...then the Performance Pack came along in 2013 and you could get the torsen rear, oil cooler, Recaro seats, etc in a cheaper car...with buying a PP/GT you could get great equipment but you mostly gave up that forged/sodium valve Roadrunner motor and the exclusivity but had a nearly as capable machine. Nevertheless, the Boss302 was (and still is) a vastly more appealing car than a 2013/14 Performance pack GT.

The '18 will similarly close the performance gap...and even the slimmer hood/nose profile will be part of the new standard body which was previously something you couldn't touch with the regular GT. Still, even if everything else was available on the GT, the soul of the GT350 is that crazy and wonderful engine which makes even the amazing Coyote look kinda dull. Bottom line is that the GT350 folks will have plenty to be happy about. The GT is going to be a great performer for the money but it won't ever be a replacement.

Any word on how the '18 refresh will translate to the GT350? I have to assume that at the very least, it will be getting new headlights and tail lights...no?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
GT350 is unchanged for '18 other than colors....

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Thanks god! Getting those ugly headlights on the GT350 would kill its great look.
That's what worries me about the next Ford performance Mustang. It took a step back in looks and I'm usually happy with change. God dammit, could ford present me with something good to say on the boards today!

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
GT350 is unchanged for '18 other than colors....
Thanks...this is good news.
While I'm one who really loves the '18 revision, the GT350 is basically perfection in my opinion. It's hard to imagine any change that wouldn't be for the worse.
Sponsored