Sponsored

2018 GT vs 2018 GT350

TONYG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
WITH ALL THE UPCOMING UPDATES TO THE REFRESHED MY18 GT, IS IT A BETTER VALVE THAN THE GT350.
COMPARABLY EQUIPPED, AT LEAST AS CLOSE AS YOU CAN, THE GT IS A REALLY NICE BANG FOR THE BUCK!

SOMETHING LIKE 46K vs 62K?
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure with the "comparable" equipment that you are talking about I.e. magride... I'm sure the GT is going to close the price gap some.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
IN MY HUMBLE OPINION IF YOU DON'T GET THE CF CORE STRUCTURE UP FRONT OR THE GT350 SPECIFIC KNUCKLE, HUBS, ROTORS, CALIPERS, ETC - NO.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I'm sure with the "comparable" equipment that you are talking about I.e. magride... I'm sure the GT is going to close the price gap some.
I don't think it'll be that much. Considering that the 1LE package for the Camaro SS costs $6500, and includes a LOT more than just the Magneride suspension, I'd say the PP2 will sit right about $4,000 - $4,500, compared to the existing PP (which I assume will be PP1 with the 2018 model), which is a shade under $3,000.

JR

Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
It'll likely be a better "value", but you lose the Voodoo. That's the biggest draw for the GT350.

And the 350 actually looks good but that's just opinion...

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Actually, the GT with the coyote v8 and performance package has been the best value going for the past few years, IMO - especially if you want a hot DD. Value isn't always the name of the game though. If you like what the GT350 is all about, then the price is the price. At 50%+ more cost than a GT, I'd argue that you can have more than 50% of the same fun in a GT vs a GT350.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I saw the 2018 car this weekend at Chicago. Absolutely appalling. It looks WORSE in person. The display had basically no one around it. The 2017 cars were swarming with people.

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
I have not seen the GT in person. But I like the pics.

That said, even the sexiest GT in the works is not a 350. And there is clearly a big difference.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
For most it is a mental masturbation game.

On the street and staying somewhat near the realm of legal speeds the 18 GT (if leaked specs and estimated pricing ring true) and GT350s are basically equal. The GT350 will pull higher Gs going through some country back roads but the seat of the pants thrill will be near identical for 95% of drivers. Only an idiot would consider pushing a street car 10/10ths on a public road and that is where the true difference between the cars in absolute handling lives...

In terms of looks and stares- the GT350 will get you a lot more. It is far rarer and you are driving something different and that has value to many. It is a great conversation starter but on the flip side I've seen very nicely modified GTs get a lot more attention at a car show then a stock GT350 sitting next to it.

Additionally, many enjoy the historical tie to the original 60's cars and that has value to many beyond just $$.

In terms of road track use (with coolers) the GT350 will be far superior and allow you to grow more as a driver.

Lastly and most importantly- if your buying the car to be 'cool', don't.

Steve McQueen was and would be "cool" in a Porsche, a Mustang, on a Motorcycle or driving a rusted out VW bug that topped out at 37 mph. McQueen was cool and brought the cool to the car. If you are not cool now you won't become cool just by buying and driving a GT350.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Agree, the performance gap has been closed more but the 18 sure got worse looking, in my eyes anyway. Too bad because I was thinking about the next Ford performance Mustang...and I'm sure hoping the effects make it look tons better.

OP
OP

TONYG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
THAT'S WHAT GRABBED ME FIRST, THE LOOK OF THE GT350...THE VOODOO/SOUND WAS SECOND.

WHEN I PUT MY ORDER IN FOR THE 18' GT350, I EXPECT IT TO CEMENT A SMILE ON MY FACE EVERYTIME I LOOK AT IT...HEAR IT...DRIVE IT!

I'm 55 NOW, THIS TIME AROUND, IT'S ALL ABOUT ME. ;)

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Shit. Ford lied to me.
And about 95% of the other GT350 buyers - just gotta love marketing..... and that has been going on since the 1966 GT350 when Shelby and Ford gotta it figured out.

In 1966 the GT350 was greatly diminished from what it was in the 65 model (once the left over units were gone) with the side exhaust moved to the rear, battery moved to the front (acid got on stuff in the trunk), rear seat added back in, Detroit locker rear end became an option, front suspension lowering ended (too rough)......

Shelby was quoted as saying years later that: guys do not want a race car on the street, what they want is a street car that looks like a race car."

And the current GT350 is very much a street car and not a race car (not even close). And it is not just a Ford/Mustang/Shelby thing...happens to GM with the Corvette (weight added to the Z06 over the years to quiet the interior noise etc)