Sponsored

2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
So did you have a working Ford active exhaust that you then swapped with a Borla one? Also do you know if I can go straight to the Borla exhaust? Or would I need some Ford parts to make the Borla one work?
I started with exactly what you have the harness plug and fuse. You need all the stuff listed within this thread for it to work. 2 actuators and 3 harnesses. All can be bought from Ford.

Then you need a compatible active exhaust. Whether it’s an OEM or a Borla, Corsa, etc. The actuators are swapped on to whatever exhaust you get.

To clarify, I went straight to the Borla active catback from a non-active catback.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

Sponsored

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
That was my response lol.

I was trying to nice and use the quiet start in the morning/night at residential areas but it's not worth it at that cost imo.
Same here lol. I'm pretty sure people have used other ones. I just gotta dig to find them again. The annoying thing now is my one valve will shut on me if I go high in the rev range.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Same here lol. I'm pretty sure people have used other ones. I just gotta dig to find them again. The annoying thing now is my one valve will shut on me if I go high in the rev range.
I think somone earlier in this thread figured out that an older BMW actuator is compatible and can be bought on eBay for a lot cheaper.

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt

Dark-Alex

Alex
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Magnetic Metal
Does anyone know the factory connector number “the plug everyone is looking for” ?
My car does not have it I’m making my own harness but want at least the factory plug so I don’t have to splice and cut wires outside if the interior.

Dark-Alex

Alex
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
There is interest, I'd really like to do this mod, and I'd buy a harness from you if you are willing to make one. I have a base 2018 GT with 301A. Guess I should go ahead and order the mufflers. Pretty awesome that you got it to work.
Hey do you have the part number for the 12 pin connector? I would appreciate it a lot :)

Sponsored

Dark-Alex

Alex
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Yep, stock.

Can be pinned, but need a picture of the stock plug. It has the part # for the Molex connector. Can get them via Digikey or similar site. I found the other side this way, but we get it with the harness anyway. Can probably find it, but have to spend some time researching what it should be. Picture would be quick.
Yep, stock.

Can be pinned, but need a picture of the stock plug. It has the part # for the Molex connector. Can get them via Digikey or similar site. I found the other side this way, but we get it with the harness anyway. Can probably find it, but have to spend some time researching what it should be. Picture would be quick.
have you found the right connector?

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Wow the prices on the actuators have jumped significantly. I paid $146.02 for them each 5 months ago.
I know right? I paid $385 shipped for both actuators and the 3 harnesses in mid-November.

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Does anyone know where to get the little metal peice that attaches to actuator to move the valve? I never see anyone mention that but my actuator didn't come with one.

Conman1138

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 6MT - Ruby Red
Does anyone know where to get the little metal peice that attaches to actuator to move the valve? I never see anyone mention that but my actuator didn't come with one.
The springs, right? I haven't been able to find any on Ford parts sites, but the mopar version is exactly the same and can be ordered individually. Throw "Mopar active exhaust spring" into Google and take your pick of supplier.
Sponsored