2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The springs, right? I haven't been able to find any on Ford parts sites, but the mopar version is exactly the same and can be ordered individually. Throw "Mopar active exhaust spring" into Google and take your pick of supplier.
Nice! Thanks.
Sponsored

Dark-Alex

Alex
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Magnetic Metal
Anyone making harnesses for people without the plug?
Hey man I finally found the right connector to make the harness for people with out the plug. With in the next month or so I should have the first harness ready for me.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Hey man I finally found the right connector to make the harness for people with out the plug. With in the next month or so I should have the first harness ready for me.

image.jpg

image.jpg
Wow.... nice work!

Sponsored

Asvy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Asvy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Automatic
Is anybody here willing to make this active valve system for a 2016 mustang? I'm willing to pay for shipping and labor.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Is anybody here willing to make this active valve system for a 2016 mustang? I'm willing to pay for shipping and labor.
I would believe that only a 2018 and newer can replicate the stock system exactly as the control for it is baked into the drivetrain PCM...

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
Looks like I need to start reading this whole thread. I have a 2019 and have the factory plug at the rear but no relay (#59) under the hood. Glad I looked under the hood before I started ordering parts!

Last edited:

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
As of now I don't think it will, but still waiting on a friend to make some measurements for me. I'll probably know next week.
So does the 2018 mustang exhaust have the same hanger positions as the 2015-2017 mustangs? Because i want to get a borla Atak that is quad tip but trim the quad tips and pant them black to fit inside my Gt350 rear valance with the fake quad tips it got, but just wanted to know if the exhaust hangers are the same? As the gen 2?

Sponsored

MoneyTrain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT
Hey guys. I've read all 44 pages of this thread and have to say the amount of effort put into finding a solution here is amazing. Nicely done. :clap: I've confirmed my '19 GT 401a non PP car with B&O and BLIS does not have the necessary plug near the carbon canister. It does however have the fuse and relay under the hood. I have the parts list together of what to order and the Forscan data to change as well as what needs to be unlocked by my tuner, Lund. The only thing I am missing at this point is the harness to bring connectivity from the PCM to the rear of the car? Does anyone have an update on where development of this piece is at?

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Looks like I need to start reading this whole thread. I have a 2019 and have the factory plug at the rear but no relay (#59) under the hood. Glad I looked under the hood before I started ordering parts!
I am missing the relay as well - I'm hoping someone here much smarter than me will figure out how to get around this!

bpajak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bart
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem 2019 Convert
Guys what am I doing wrong. Mustang 2019 Convert GT Prem w/o AE but I have installations and a plug. I have a 15A relay and a fuse in the fuse box. My option has Digital Cluster. Connected harnesses,

IPC activated in Forscan
720-04-01 X*XX - 4
720-10-01 *XXX - E - I also checked 2 instead of E because I found such information somewhere.

For Digital Cluster I changed also in IPC 720-03-02 * xxx - C - for activation in Digital Cluster

And nothing happens - the flap is standing still.

ANYBODY ??
Thanks for Help

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
Guys what am I doing wrong. Mustang 2019 Convert GT Prem w/o AE but I have installations and a plug. I have a 15A relay and a fuse in the fuse box. My option has Digital Cluster. Connected harnesses,

IPC activated in Forscan
720-04-01 X*XX - 4
720-10-01 *XXX - E - I also checked 2 instead of E because I found such information somewhere.

For Digital Cluster I changed also in IPC 720-03-02 * xxx - C - for activation in Digital Cluster

And nothing happens - the flap is standing still.

ANYBODY ??
Thanks for Help
On my 2019 GT Premium Convertible I only changed one line in Forscan to add the exhaust options to the cluster. Did you also activate Active Exhaust in the tune?

Check out my post here for my Forscan changes and updates to the tune: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ust-install-guide.101913/page-39#post-3077729

bpajak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bart
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem 2019 Convert