2017 to 2024 Stang Worth it?

numnumm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just getting feelers out there. My sales guy told me this morning a 24 just landed.

For those whose has a 17 & driven a 24, is the drive noticeably different? I understand the more tech that the 24 offers (I’m a youngish guy, I like tech)
Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Buy a good used Gen 3.

Obsidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 White
This^ there are lightly used 20-23s out there for a bargain compared to new…or just keep what you have. Obviously new is appealing but in my opinion the increased cost that comes with it isn’t worth it for what you get.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
There’s probably a noticeable difference between a Gen 2 coyote and a Gen 4. I didn’t notice a huge difference between my Gen 3 and the Gen 4 in the S650. If you like tech, there’s some cool stuff in the screens. I’d suggest a GT premium so you get the single screen instead of the 2 iPads. Looks are subjective but I like the look of the S650 overall. The cube headlights would take some getting used to and that’s probably my one complaint on the exterior as far as looks go. Interior is comfortable.

I wouldn’t trade my 2022 for an S650, at least not for a few years (never say never), but if I still had my 2016 I’d trade it for an S650 for sure.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just getting feelers out there. My sales guy told me this morning a 24 just landed.

For those whose has a 17 & driven a 24, is the drive noticeably different? I understand the more tech that the 24 offers (I’m a youngish guy, I like tech)
I'm in a similar situation though I'm in Europe. So my 2017 Gen 2 only makes 420 hp instead of 435 hp. However the S650 still not available here will run different engine specs than US. And also car will be more expensive. So overall for me the answer is no. I have a heavy modified car that I love and not sure I can trade it for anything less than an Dark Horse however this literally will be 200% more money than what I would get if I sell my 2017 GT. For a car that will be slower out of the showroom floor. I could probably transfer my mods but still will be a lot of expenses to do so. I would argue that the S650 is not worth it if you own an S550 at all. Even more so if you own 2018+ with the digital cluster.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This^ there are lightly used 20-23s out there for a bargain compared to new…or just keep what you have. Obviously new is appealing but in my opinion the increased cost that comes with it isn’t worth it for what you get.
There’s still new 2023’s sitting out there too that can be had for a good deal if that’s the preferred route as well. I don’t think there’s a wrong answer personally. A 2023 is still going to be a good cost increase over a 2017, so assuming a 2024 fits the budget I think cost increase is somewhat irrelevant in this situation

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Go drive it and let us know what you think!

Looking forward to the feedback. Hell I was thinking of stopping at the dealer myself to see the '24. Id never ditch a MY '17 for one, but I am bias LOL

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
Realistically, your best bet is to go drive one yourself. Asking people here or over in the 7g forums will likely give you predictable responses. And none of them may align with your own preference.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Go drive it and let us know what you think!

Looking forward to the feedback. Hell I was thinking of stopping at the dealer myself to see the '24. Id never ditch a MY '17 for one, but I am bias LOL
It’s a nice car, I’d say go drive one just because. But yeah, it would a downgrade from the 350 🤭

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
There’s probably a noticeable difference between a Gen 2 coyote and a Gen 4. I didn’t notice a huge difference between my Gen 3 and the Gen 4 in the S650. If you like tech, there’s some cool stuff in the screens. I’d suggest a GT premium so you get the single screen instead of the 2 iPads.

Looks are subjective but I like the look of the S650 overall. The cube headlights would take some getting used to and that’s probably my one complaint on the exterior as far as looks go.
LOL but Mags those cube headlights are reminiscent of the Lincoln Continental Black Label headlights. 🤣

OP I do agree though that if you like tech I'm sure the new car will certainly be a worthwhile upgrade. Like Mags said though, if you are going to upgrade definitely get a premium model so you get all the techy stuff you like. I would be sad if you upgraded to a new base car and eventually regretted it because it didn't have ENOUGH tech for ya.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It’s a nice car, I’d say go drive one just because. But yeah, it would a downgrade from the 350 🤭
I like the front on the 15-17's personally, be it a eco, GT, or 350. I'd argue it's the best front clip on a Mustang since the '69 Mach 1.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I like the front on the 15-17's personally, be it a eco, GT, or 350. I'd argue it's the best front clip on a Mustang since the '69 Mach 1.
100%. And the 2024 looks like a Frankenstein.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
🍻 Cheers to that my friend!

But of course looks are subjective. Our performance numbers are lower than the facelift gen so it is a give and take.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
LOL but Mags those cube headlights are reminiscent of the Lincoln Continental Black Label headlights. 🤣

OP I do agree though that if you like tech I'm sure the new car will certainly be a worthwhile upgrade. Like Mags said though, if you are going to upgrade definitely get a premium model so you get all the techy stuff you like. I would be sad if you upgraded to a new base car and eventually regretted it because it didn't have ENOUGH tech for ya.
I didn’t spend a ton of time playing around with the screens in the base or premium (maybe 10 minutes or so each) and a lot of the information/gadgetry seems to be the same or very similar. The biggest difference is the single screen in the premium vs the two screens in the base. Neither one looks as bad as the pictures make it out to be but the premium screen feels like it was integrated a little better.

I drove a premium vert with the top down and there was no glare or blinding laser beam into my eyes from the sun to the screen so however they did that it was well thought out. The vert still doesn’t look the greatest with the top up to me, it’s hard to replicate the coupe roofline with a soft top and that really helps out with the visuals of the car, at least for me.
Sponsored