Sponsored

2016 Mustang vibration Buyer Beware

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am curious as to his outcome, I turned mine in yesterday for the same issue and the service manager drove it himself with me in the car and was quick to notice it starting at 60 mph. Can't wait to hear the verdict on mine.
You may keep me posted on yours as well, BlackGT.

Deysha
Sponsored

Speedwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I'm at 30k miles on my 15' GT and have never experienced this. It definitely seemed like it was originally more of a V6 problem although now I'm starting to see some GT owners talking about it, like on this thread.

With all of these complaints I'm almost more worried about it. Maybe I should take mine into the dealer because it's NOT vibrating!
Hahahahaha

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
The service manager called me this afternoon and told me the vibration is still there after swapping back to the factory wheels from a new car on the lot.

I am going in to talk to him in the morning to show him this forum and the several posts that have been started over vibration issues. It is more to show him that this is not an isolated incident.

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm at 30k miles on my 15' GT and have never experienced this. It definitely seemed like it was originally more of a V6 problem although now I'm starting to see some GT owners talking about it, like on this thread.

With all of these complaints I'm almost more worried about it. Maybe I should take mine into the dealer because it's NOT vibrating!

hit the rumble strip along the side of interstate a few times and you fit right in. no sense in feeling left out. :thumbsup:

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
To Ford Service

Hey Ford Service,why did you give up on the "vibration between 50 & 70 thread". I follow that thread as I had the vibration on my 2015 Mustang.You have not made any comments on that thread in months. Did Ford tell you to ignore that thread? Just curious,seems odd to not comment on the most popular thread on this forum.

Sponsored

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A little update, the dealership tried the clamp on the driveshaft thingy that has a sensor on it and it did not offer any resolution. They were going to swap a driveshaft with a new car that is on the lot but apparently the part numbers on the driveshafts are different between the 15s and succeeding years leading them to think the driveshafts are different. They ran out of time today and will get back to it Monday. They plan on getting my car and a new one in the air and visually comparing the driveshafts to see what steps to take next.

I also showed the service manager this forum and the other thread concerning vibrations and the corresponding pole. I told him I understand taking anything you read on the internet with a grain of salt but that he should see that others are having issues with limited or no success.

Another thought just crossed my mind, if the driveshaft numbers are different, I wonder if Ford knows there is an issue and they are trying to resolve it on the down-low.

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
so glad mine doesn't do this. what is the final assembly date on some of these cars? I think that date is on the window sticker around the bottom.

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
As noted below: April 27, 2015

11000 MILES smooth as glass at any speed.

Do the V6s get a different DS than GT or EB?

Are the DS on manuals same as on autos?

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
The dealer i go to said the MTS 4000 was not very useful. Tech put one hose clamp on then started clocking it around the DS and test drive until the vibration was gone. I can still feel it but it is 80-90% gone.

If you look at the poll in the vibration thread you will see that this is issue is across all versions of the 2015 thru 2017 S550 mustang. (Sample size of just this forum about 45% of S550 have the vibration. Would like to think that Ford is working on a TSB to resolve this issue better than putting a hose clamp on a brand new car.

The below is information for anyone that is taking their car in for the 50-70 MPH vibration.

Ford corporate playbook:
1. spin balance tires
2. road force balance tires
3. replace parts that may or may not make it better and in some case make it worse. (DS, output flange, pinion flange)
4. On car DS balance

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1462588&postcount=1835

attachment.jpg

DrElectron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Manual Lightning Blue
Latest Consumer Reports reliability report on their website shows 2015-2016 reliability changes. Mustang improved in several areas but "Drive System" was actually worse in 2016! They rated Mustang overall reliability poor in 2015 and 2016 and predict "much worse than average" for 2017. I'm thinking about backing out of my order.

Sponsored

03cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Dont put too much into consumer reports most are based off opinions not facts. We have on group screaming its wide spread problem but based off of what internet. Other group wants facts real data not people basing fact off of internet poll or chatter.

Using hose clamp on driveshaft has been around longer than most people on there has been alive. Every manufacturer has done this so get over it.

I have worked for union dont give me it management problem seen way too much crap workers have done

03cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Oh why do we need whole another thread on this?????????

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh why do we need whole another thread on this?????????
Two reasons come to mind immediately. One, it is much easier to read through 28+ posts as apposed to 2064 because things get lost and muddled with random posts. The second, is it give you one more thing to gripe about. I hope that you are one of the lucky ones that does not have a vibration in your car but as for me and others that do, I don't think the extra threads are such an inconvenience.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hey Ford Service,why did you give up on the "vibration between 50 & 70 thread". I follow that thread as I had the vibration on my 2015 Mustang.You have not made any comments on that thread in months. Did Ford tell you to ignore that thread? Just curious,seems odd to not comment on the most popular thread on this forum.
I'd like to know the answer to this question as well...

I'd also like to know why Ford is fixing $30k+ vehicles with a .10 cent hose clamp and calling it a day - when the issue is:

The hose clamp is NOT a correct fix, it's a f'n band aid. There is an inherent problem with the driveshaft, the angles of the driveline OR the centering of the rear IRS cradle in relation to the driveline. But hey, let's continue to not only waste customers time with varying degrees of excuses, having them HAVE to return to their Service Centers multiple times and then finally shrug them off with either a .10 cent hose clamp or the common Ford statement of "it's normal".

It's obviously NOT normal if Ford produced a TSB or SSM or whatever freaking acronym they want to name their internal notes. Jump into any other Brand-X vehicle that has a rear IRS system and the vehicle does NOT have a pronounced driveline vibration at nearly the exact S550 speeds that everyone is posting about! In fact, jump into a 20yr old vehicle with IRS and you won't experience a driveline vibe like the one in the S550 - and that is fact.

Now into the 3rd model year and the drive line vibe issue persists - that's great "Quality is Job 1".

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
update: they are ordering a new driveshaft for mine to see if it fixes the problem. the irony is that another mustang came in (v6 car) with the same complaint and they have gone ahead and ordered a second driveshaft for that car as well.

they said it would be a few days before in comes in, so I will have to wait a little longer to see if it fixes the problem.
Sponsored