Sponsored

2016 Mustang vibration Buyer Beware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 Auto
Hi There
In Nov. 2015, I bought a brand new 2016 Ford Mustang V-6 Auto. Being in Colorado, it did not get driven too much in the winter, just locally around town on non snow days, but when Spring came, my wife I took a nice road trip to Denver and I felt this high speed pulsating vibration while on the expressway about 70-75 MPH. I took it to the dealer and they said a tire was out on balance, so they re-balanced it and gave it back to me. During the drive home I felt it again immediately. I took the car back and they determined it was a bad tire that would not balance correct. Tire was replaced and car given back still vibrating. I took it back and this time I asked the service mgr to ride with me. He 100% agrees and so do several mechanics there is a bad annoying vibration and this "Vroom" "Vroom" "Vroom" sound as the vibration pulsates. I had done some searching on line and found lots of other 15-16's with the same exact problem. Being a former old school mechanic, I suggested getting another Exact same Mustang as mine and swap parts till you find the problem. Guess what?? the very 1st one he drove had the same problem. He found one that did not vibrate and swapped parts. They wound up replacing the Drive shaft and several other rear end parts and give the car back to me..... STILL VIBRATING.... The service mgr said basically everything rear of the trans has been replaced. The service mgr said he took another new 16 for a test drive and it also had the same vibration as mine. I again took the car back to the dealer. They had a Ford Corporate engineer come investigate. I was informed that Ford said this vibration is with in their specs. I have drove other 16 Mustangs and not all vibrate., But Mine and 2 other new ones did on their lot did.

Ford has turned their back on me and will not fix or warranty this problem. Do yourself a favor and google 2015 or 2016 Mustang Vibration and you will find Ford has a problem. Now I have a $30,000 vibrator I can't stand to drive. This was my 2nd New Ford and my last.

I have called Ford at 1-800-392-3673 twice and both times was told someone would call me by the end of the next day. Guess what??? NO CALL BACK. AS per the Colorado Lemon Law I have sent them a certified letter stating I want them to replace or buy back my car. My Mustang has been in the shop 4 times for a total of 43 days. I guess I am going to have to hire a Lemon Law Lawyer and sue FORD. THIS SUX:mad::brokenheart::confused:
Sponsored

G-Rell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
My GT was a buy back from Ford for this same problem... So owners CAN us the lemon law to get this resolved... Mine is proof. I was told everything you listed was done to mine to try and resolve...

I notice it more and more each day... not sure if its in my head or not though..

FYI

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 Auto
My GT was a buy back from Ford for this same problem... So owners CAN us the lemon law to get this resolved... Mine is proof. I was told everything you listed was done to mine to try and resolve...

I notice it more and more each day... not sure if its in my head or not though..

FYI
I know mine is not in my head. Everybody that has been in my car feels it including the Service Mgr and several mechanics at the dealership. Did you need a lawyer or did Ford step up?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm convinced its in the lower control arm bushing or the toe bushing in the knuckle, When I replaced my LCA bushing and toe bushing for a bearing, the rear of my car became epically less prone to any sort of out of sync NVH relative to the road. I didn't have said vibration, but it was still a noticeable difference in the driving experience.

Dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Mine does it too. :shrug:

I got the road force balancing which did not help. The car is smooth as glass at 80 mph, so I just drive 80 whenever I can, until someone finds a fix.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Did you even see the thread on here with 100,000+ hits regarding the subject matter?

The problem is persistent and Ford's "fix" is to strap a HOSE CLAMP to the driveshaft, per their own internal document...

So yea, you and others of us not only have a $30k+ vibrator, but one with a 10 cent hose clamp for added pleasure.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi There
In Nov. 2015, I bought a brand new 2016 Ford Mustang V-6 Auto. Being in Colorado, it did not get driven too much in the winter, just locally around town on non snow days, but when Spring came, my wife I took a nice road trip to Denver and I felt this high speed pulsating vibration while on the expressway about 70-75 MPH. I took it to the dealer and they said a tire was out on balance, so they re-balanced it and gave it back to me. During the drive home I felt it again immediately. I took the car back and they determined it was a bad tire that would not balance correct. Tire was replaced and car given back still vibrating. I took it back and this time I asked the service mgr to ride with me. He 100% agrees and so do several mechanics there is a bad annoying vibration and this "Vroom" "Vroom" "Vroom" sound as the vibration pulsates. I had done some searching on line and found lots of other 15-16's with the same exact problem. Being a former old school mechanic, I suggested getting another Exact same Mustang as mine and swap parts till you find the problem. Guess what?? the very 1st one he drove had the same problem. He found one that did not vibrate and swapped parts. They wound up replacing the Drive shaft and several other rear end parts and give the car back to me..... STILL VIBRATING.... The service mgr said basically everything rear of the trans has been replaced. The service mgr said he took another new 16 for a test drive and it also had the same vibration as mine. I again took the car back to the dealer. They had a Ford Corporate engineer come investigate. I was informed that Ford said this vibration is with in their specs. I have drove other 16 Mustangs and not all vibrate., But Mine and 2 other new ones did on their lot did.

Ford has turned their back on me and will not fix or warranty this problem. Do yourself a favor and google 2015 or 2016 Mustang Vibration and you will find Ford has a problem. Now I have a $30,000 vibrator I can't stand to drive. This was my 2nd New Ford and my last.

I have called Ford at 1-800-392-3673 twice and both times was told someone would call me by the end of the next day. Guess what??? NO CALL BACK. AS per the Colorado Lemon Law I have sent them a certified letter stating I want them to replace or buy back my car. My Mustang has been in the shop 4 times for a total of 43 days. I guess I am going to have to hire a Lemon Law Lawyer and sue FORD. THIS SUX:mad::brokenheart::confused:
Hello My 1st Mustang,

Let me look into this for you. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Did you even see the thread on here with 100,000+ hits regarding the subject matter?

The problem is persistent and Ford's "fix" is to strap a HOSE CLAMP to the driveshaft, per their own internal document...

So yea, you and others of us not only have a $30k+ vibrator, but one with a 10 cent hose clamp for added pleasure.
Clamped for her pleasure?????????

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
Hello My 1st Mustang,

Let me look into this for you. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
I am curious as to his outcome, I turned mine in yesterday for the same issue and the service manager drove it himself with me in the car and was quick to notice it starting at 60 mph. Can't wait to hear the verdict on mine.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Man, this issue may stop me from buying a new Mustang. I was set to give my daughter my 06 GT and order a '17 or '18, but this vibration issue seems pretty widespread and more of a design flaw than an easy fix. I had this exact vibration in my '06 after a dealer gear repair, but they were able to fix it with a new driveshaft. Point is, I am familiar with the vibration people are experiencing and there's no way I could live with that. Difference in the S550 is that, from what I've read, it's more due to the design and angle of things (I'm not a mechanic, sorry) than a defective part or unbalanced driveshaft. Unless Ford acknolwedges this issue and fixes it, I can't get myself to commit to spending 40K on a vehicle with a widespread inherent design flaw that greatly reduces ride quality. Is there anything worse than the excitement of owning a new vehicle being abruptly halted by the stress and disappointment of a significant problem? I'm too old for that - no time for constant trips to the dealer. I guess I'll just buy my daughter a Hyundai and keep my 06. She will be disappointed, as will I. And Ford will lose a sale and a customer.

Sponsored

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
Yes this is a widespread problem. Lots of Mustangs are plagued by this. My wife's car was one of them. We were able to get Ford to do a buyback on hers. The dealer did finally fix it after replacing the entire rear end of the car and it took them 8 months with my wife's car to fix it. I told Ford I wanted 8 payments worth of money back since they had my car for that long and they said they would only do 2 months so I said then buy it back. They did it and still had to give me all my money back plus the car probably sat on a lot somewhere for a few months so they still lost money. Would have been better for all for them to just give me 8 months worth of payments and let us keep the car since we were making the payments. Not smart business unless they can use the money for the car that they paid me as a tax write off or something.

Speedwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I bought my 2016 about 3 months ago and havent had it out much as I work from home but does this just happen to V6 models or all 2016 mustangs? I have noticed from time to time to time that at speeds in excess of 70mph my hood would start to shake but not violently as some of you are or have been experiencing. Is that something I should be concerned with??

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
I bought my 2016 about 3 months ago and havent had it out much as I work from home but does this just happen to V6 models or all 2016 mustangs? I have noticed from time to time to time that at speeds in excess of 70mph my hood would start to shake but not violently as some of you are or have been experiencing. Is that something I should be concerned with??
I'm at 30k miles on my 15' GT and have never experienced this. It definitely seemed like it was originally more of a V6 problem although now I'm starting to see some GT owners talking about it, like on this thread.

With all of these complaints I'm almost more worried about it. Maybe I should take mine into the dealer because it's NOT vibrating!

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I'm at 30k miles on my 15' GT and have never experienced this. It definitely seemed like it was originally more of a V6 problem although now I'm starting to see some GT owners talking about it, like on this thread.

With all of these complaints I'm almost more worried about it. Maybe I should take mine into the dealer because it's NOT vibrating!
Please do the n those of us with the issue will have a "Like vehicle" that does not do it they can drive to see we are not totally crazy.
Sponsored