Sponsored

2016 Mustang vibration Buyer Beware

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I got tired of the dealer not doing anything so I took matters into my own hand. Whenever I install K Member I always square it up. measure from the rear mount bolt to the rear of the car at the mount for the axle or IRS on the opposite side. Well I cross measured my IRS cradle off of the KMember and squared it up then installed the Steeda IRS subframe support brace and guess what. I am not vibrating at any speed now. My IRS Cradle was way out of wack (about 1/2-3/4") and when I centered it the vibration went away. I was going to use the alignment dowels Steeda sells but thought putting those in would make for a more solid rear and would amplify any vibration.
Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I got tired of the dealer not doing anything so I took matters into my own hand. Whenever I install K Member I always square it up. measure from the rear mount bolt to the rear of the car at the mount for the axle or IRS on the opposite side. Well I cross measured my IRS cradle off of the KMember and squared it up then installed the Steeda IRS subframe support brace and guess what. I am not vibrating at any speed now. My IRS Cradle was way out of wack (about 1/2-3/4") and when I centered it the vibration went away. I was going to use the alignment dowels Steeda sells but thought putting those in would make for a more solid rear and would amplify any vibration.
That's awesome. The subfame braces made a noticeable difference on my car too but I didn't check the subframe alignment. By "out of wack" do you mean lt to rt, twisted or something else? I'd like to check mine- if you can do some instructions and a few pics it would be a big help.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
MIne was slightly to the right and the left was slightly in front of the right. So left was forward a bit more andnthe whole assembly was push to the right side a bit.

03cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Two reasons come to mind immediately. One, it is much easier to read through 28+ posts as apposed to 2064 because things get lost and muddled with random posts. The second, is it give you one more thing to gripe about. I hope that you are one of the lucky ones that does not have a vibration in your car but as for me and others that do, I don't think the extra threads are such an inconvenience.
No no just turns into going samething over again oh gripe. Most of will read things like this that based off opinion but treated as fact. But goes for all forums to be real.

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
[MENTION=15334]BlackGT[/MENTION] are they replacing a 1 piece DS or still 2pc DS? [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] What is the next step to get this fix?
I just found out about this. I thought it was normal. Mine start to vibrate and make noise at 40mph. The vibration is very noticeable as my passengers had told me why is my car shake alot more than before.

Sponsored

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
They are replacing it with a factory two-piece driveshaft. The techs said they had replaced one in another car earlier today and that fixed the problem and feel confident that it will fix mine also. I dropped it off this afternoon so they can do it tomorrow. Their optimism is taken with a grain of salt at this point. I will wait patiently to see if it returns or not.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I wonder if what my car does is what you all are talking about. I notice a sense of what I thought was just the power of the car at around 50 to 60...never really thought it was bad but noticeable. Maybe I should have it checked. It makes me think of the faster horse video where they talk about a vibration...maybe it was never fully addressed. My only lingering annoyance is a miscut rubber seal on my passenger door. It doesn't seem to leak, but just annoys me when I look at it.

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
driveshaft did not work.... saga continues!

Sponsored

Mustg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Ford makes a damper for install at the rear differential, part number FR3Z4A263A, does anyone know anything about this?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I wonder if what my car does is what you all are talking about. I notice a sense of what I thought was just the power of the car at around 50 to 60...never really thought it was bad but noticeable. Maybe I should have it checked. It makes me think of the faster horse video where they talk about a vibration...maybe it was never fully addressed.My only lingering annoyance is a miscut rubber seal on my passenger door. It doesn't seem to leak, but just annoys me when I look at it.
Fellas,

Both items above are/were and have been addressed in the original "driveline vibe" thread.

Yes, the Faster Horse documentary IS the issue we all are experiencing, so yes, Ford DID know about the issue, but still released the S550 with a known manufacturing issue.

Yes, the .10 cent hose clamp "fix" is genuine, there's an actual TSB/SSM that Ford Service Centers are supposed to reference, which still does not truly fix the issue.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 Auto
Mustang Vibration Fixed

I am curious as to his outcome, I turned mine in yesterday for the same issue and the service manager drove it himself with me in the car and was quick to notice it starting at 60 mph. Can't wait to hear the verdict on mine.
Well here is what happened. I made phone call after phone call all promising someone would contact me back my the end of the next day(lies) Ford did FINALLY called me back and basically told me to go to hell. Mustangs vibrate get over it. They are done and will no longer attempt to fix this piece of crap. So I fixed it myself. Last Friday I traded that POS in on a Jeep Wrangler. I will never buy a Ford again. :mad: I lost $10,000 on a car with custom stripes and only 2500 miles.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 Auto
Don't buy a Mustang

Man, this issue may stop me from buying a new Mustang. I was set to give my daughter my 06 GT and order a '17 or '18, but this vibration issue seems pretty widespread and more of a design flaw than an easy fix. I had this exact vibration in my '06 after a dealer gear repair, but they were able to fix it with a new driveshaft. Point is, I am familiar with the vibration people are experiencing and there's no way I could live with that. Difference in the S550 is that, from what I've read, it's more due to the design and angle of things (I'm not a mechanic, sorry) than a defective part or unbalanced driveshaft. Unless Ford acknolwedges this issue and fixes it, I can't get myself to commit to spending 40K on a vehicle with a widespread inherent design flaw that greatly reduces ride quality. Is there anything worse than the excitement of owning a new vehicle being abruptly halted by the stress and disappointment of a significant problem? I'm too old for that - no time for constant trips to the dealer. I guess I'll just buy my daughter a Hyundai and keep my 06. She will be disappointed, as will I. And Ford will lose a sale and a customer.

Ford turned their back on a loyal customer. I felt like I bought a used car from a shady car lot and got told.... you bought it so it your problem. I think we should really spread the word about this and help keep others from falling victim to Ford
Sponsored