qwkcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-mustang
Let's be clear friends.

There is not any Fusion-esque.

Evos is Mustang-Esque....

The final two newly defined design-isms are the “new face of Ford,” which involves pulling the trapezoid grille way up to the leading edge of the hood (it gives the Evos a sort of Mustang-esque shark nose), and a “visual sense of premium quality,” which—besides being less catchy than the others—basically means creating the sort of designs people associate with higher-end cars. “We’ve tried to eliminate one of the grilles on the vehicle, and focus on the other. And what that does is allow us to have a smaller inlet, gives us better aerodynamics, and also, I think, looks much more premium.”

http://media.caranddriver.com/image...cept-inline-2-429-photo-426417-s-original.jpg

If roadgoing Fords end up looking like the Evos, we say “mission accomplished” to the premium bit
Sponsored

MD

Threads
Reaction score
I'm not going to Hate on Your Post or Your Opinion, but I am going to say that the Front End Design of the 2015 Mustang was NOT Inspired By, or Designed to Look
Like the Fusion. BOTH The 2015 Mustang and 2014 Fusion were Designed using Inspiration from the Ford Evos Concept. However, looking at the Front End of the 2015 Mustang All I See is an Evolution of the 68 Shelby Mustang's Grill Opening, which was the Inspiration for the 05-14 Shelby GT-500 and the 12-14 Mustang's Front End. I Do Seriously Wish Ford had Released the Mustang FIRST, Because it is Their Halo Car and No One Would Be Bitching that "Oh No... They Made the Fusion Look Like a Mustang!" Everyone would be saying, "Cool, the New Fusion kinda Resembles the Mustang."
totally agree with you there. Maybe if it was the first Evos inspired design I've seen I would see the similarities like this..

but now I see this more for some reason..

They have nailed it with the rear though.. It's so mustang! and the stance is just bad to the bone!! I am going to agree with you MINICOBRA... probably gonna melt when I see her in person .. so

jrzycobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT500
I like the final result. I'm sure some ques will be tweaked but the real fun will come when the aftermarket stuff hits! I hope Ford is already working with the many companies they license with so the mods will be ready to go. So much fun to come.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I've always been that guy that wanted to mod but never pulled the trigger for one reason or another. Maybe this time will be different.

Threads
Reaction score
I know most of you here love the whole thing, and I totally respect that, but ...

from the day those photos leaked on the internet with the car's front end exposed on the track, I knew it's gonna be a hard decision to buy this or the 2014. But then the IRS, the weight reduction, more HP (potentially) for the GT and not to mention the freaking gorgeous rear end and the interior. I just wish the front didn't look like the current design for the 15. it looks like a fusion to me and not as masculine as the 14 and 13 are. and none of these designs really look that different as far as the front goes, well minus the ugly fogs (we didn't have those on the GT's here in Canada for the 13's, it was great lol)

and again... don't hate! just my opinion.. let's have that I respect yours you respect mine kinda situation here lol

and I haven't seen the car in person.. but I mean they came up with this nice rear end and interior but they had to get design cues from the fusion for its front? why? make that 50 year old beast a brand new face! the fact that you can see a fusion in that front face just bothers me soooo much.

I either have to get the 2014 now and put my head down when someone pulls up in his nice 15 at the lights, or suck it up and get a 15.. beast of a car like this; people will probably be looking at it's rear end most of the time anyways...
You know that it's not that It's taking the fusions design cues it's talking it from the evos concept. The evos concept is the"New face of Ford" i.e the fusion, focus and like the new edge, so if anything the only issue at hand is the fact that the isn't a stand alone car anymore and that I'm sure can agree on.

Sponsored

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
Does anyone know if any of those designs are the supposed "original" design that was scrapped?

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
From the side view, theme B reminds me of this classic...

Sponsored