Sponsored

2015 GT PP Hard Starting Issue

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Happy new year man!

I wanted to chime in on your AC whine just to help you out. It is indeed coming from the compressor because it is low on Freon and maybe PAG. The reason it is low is because of the evaporator is leaking. Have the system recharged and it should go away for about a week or 2 months depending. I bought my car late may 2015 and got the “whine” around mid 2017. I let it go for about 3 months before charging it back, the whine got quieter but never went away. Fast forward to early December and i assume the compressor is in protect mode or is dead, it will no longer turn on. I Am planning to replace the evap core myself and see if the compressor will work or if it’s dead. If so I’ll replace it as well.

Warranty expired (36k) and the car is modified, so I’m not trusting or allowing the dealership to touch or diagnose.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KA06GT

KA06GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
Happy new year man!

I wanted to chime in on your AC whine just to help you out. It is indeed coming from the compressor because it is low on Freon and maybe PAG. The reason it is low is because of the evaporator is leaking. Have the system recharged and it should go away for about a week or 2 months depending. I bought my car late may 2015 and got the “whine” around mid 2017. I let it go for about 3 months before charging it back, the whine got quieter but never went away. Fast forward to early December and i assume the compressor is in protect mode or is dead, it will no longer turn on. I Am planning to replace the evap core myself and see if the compressor will work or if it’s dead. If so I’ll replace it as well.

Warranty expired (36k) and the car is modified, so I’m not trusting or allowing the dealership to touch or diagnose.
Sorry to hear all that man! I believe that's exactly my situation after doing some more reading this morning.

If you do replace the evap core, let me know how it goes because warranty or not if Ford refuses to help I'll be doing it myself as well. I've yet to find a detailed write up for removal and installation of the evap core, so maybe you could be the first to help a ton of people out! :thumbsup:

I've had another Ford dealership recommended to me by a friend, it's a little farther away, but she swears by their service department. So after I call this dealer back Tuesday to talk about the issues some more, if they don't seem like they're going to do any better I'll be giving this other dealership a call to see if they've ever heard of the widely know evap issue.

I have just about run my course with this current dealership, and my bumper to bumper warranty runs out July 2018 so I'm running out of time to get all the major issues taken care of on Ford's

JackBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic base GT 6SP
on the taillight issue. i took my car to the dealer cause my pass taillight had the same issue with the furthest light not turning on causing the fast light. now on my car it was intermittent as it only did it like once every other week. i let the advisor know there was an update for the bcm, they checked that and said there were no updates for mine (2015 built in early 2015), so they went ahead and replaced the taillight. at the current moment (about 2 days from repairs) it seems to be working fine. i haven't had any other tail light issues. hopefully this helps.

OP
OP
KA06GT

KA06GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
on the taillight issue. i took my car to the dealer cause my pass taillight had the same issue with the furthest light not turning on causing the fast light. now on my car it was intermittent as it only did it like once every other week. i let the advisor know there was an update for the bcm, they checked that and said there were no updates for mine (2015 built in early 2015), so they went ahead and replaced the taillight. at the current moment (about 2 days from repairs) it seems to be working fine. i haven't had any other tail light issues. hopefully this helps.
My car has went around a week or so without a single turn signal issue before, the last time being after I pulled the tail light for testing and reinstalled. Hopefully your case is different and it fully fixes your issue for good though! Although mine is always fine for a couple of days after pulling the light and reinstalling. I was trying to be hopefully optimistic that the new light might somehow fix the issue (even though voltage dropped before the light connector), but when the driver side did it yesterday that took out any remaining hope..

So I'll let you all know what the dealer has to say when I call them Tuesday!

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
The fast clicking of the turn signal means one of the bulb is burnt out since the flashing circuit still relies on incandescent bulbs to regulate the flash rate.
The compressor sound could be low on refrigerant due to leaky evap core? The only way to find out is test pressure/leak.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KA06GT

KA06GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
The fast clicking of the turn signal means one of the bulb is burnt out since the flashing circuit still relies on incandescent bulbs to regulate the flash rate.
The compressor sound could be low on refrigerant due to leaky evap core? The only way to find out is test pressure/leak.
Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case on the fast flashing. The rear LED turn signals run off the BCM which must have resistors in it to also regulate the flash rate, because I read of this exact same thing happening to several different people and it's never one of the other bulbs in the system, it's always one of the rear LED bars that cause it (I check every light when it's happening just to be sure). Exactly like a few days ago when the fast flashing happened on the left turn signal for the first time, I hopped out and sure enough one of the LED bars on the driver side wasn't lighting up and all the other bulbs were fine, just like the passenger side has been doing. I just don't want someone to have this issue in the future and think it's one of the easily replaced bulbs causing the issue if a rear LED bar isn't illuminating, when in fact it's something quite a bit deeper.

"Rear Tail Lamp, Turn Lamp Or Stop Lamp Partial Outage – DTCs B1271, B1272, B1273, B1274, B1275 Or B1276 – 2015-2016 Ford Mustang
oemdtc June 26, 2016 Diagnostic Tips
2015-2016 Mustang Built On Or Before 4/22/2016 – Rear Tail Lamp, Turn Lamp Or Stop Lamp Partial Outage – DTCs B1271, B1272, B1273, B1274, B1275 or B1276.

Some 2015 and 2016 Mustang vehicles built on or before 4/22/2016 may exhibit a partial outage of the rear tail, turn signal or stop lamps following a vehicle start with a low battery.

This may be accompanied by any combination of DTCs B1271, B1272, B1273, B1274, B1275 and B1276.

The condition typically clears on vehicle restart.

Reprogram the BCMB module to the latest calibration using IDS release 101.01 or higher.

Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraftservice.com."

That service bulletin from Ford is exactly what's causing the fast blinking on the dash and letting you know one of the rear LED bars aren't illuminating (just like if any other bulb in the system was burnt out).

You are 100% right on the compressor issue though. The hard part now is convincing my dealership that's what's going on, because according to their service manager they've never had to replace an evap core for a leak yet. I'm pretty positive I'll have to try other dealers until one of them will take the time to listen to me or, heck, even Google the problem and find the huge amount of posts about it.

OP
OP
KA06GT

KA06GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
It's been awhile since I've updated you all.

Some personal stuff happened, and then some bad weather, and then Ford couldn't get a tail light in that wasn't broken. Fast forward over a month and it brings us to today.

Ford finally got an unbroken tail light in, so I arranged with my work to work out of the same town as the Ford dealership. I drop the car off this morning and they are supposed to be replacing the tail light and finally pressure testing the A/C system for me. Awesome.

Get a call around lunch time that my car is ready to be picked up. The new tail light was installed, fixed the problem, and my A/C compressor was bad so they have ordered a new one (great another trip up here I think). So I have someone from work run me out there. Get the keys from the nice lady at the front desk, get my warranty paperwork, head out, hop in the car, fire it up, and hit the turn signal. Lo and behold it's doing the exact same issue with one of the LED bars not lighting up. So I leave the car running with the turn signal on, run back inside and head for the service department, only to find out the ENTIRE service department takes lunch at exact same time so I can't show anyone. The lady out front could see it through the window, so she wrote all my info down to have the service manager call me when he gets back from lunch.

So I'm just waiting now on the call. Once again when I dropped it off this morning I had the TSB printed out for the partial tail lamp discharge and they wouldn't even look at it. Also, I'm sure the evap core leaking all the Freon out is what killed the compressor, so I'm sure if the core is leaking it'll do the same to this compressor but we'll see.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Usually the compressor doesn't run when the pressure gets below a certain point (which is to protect the compressor)

Curious to see how it plays out. Thanks for keeping us updated. Your starting issue was an interesting one.

OP
OP
KA06GT

KA06GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
Usually the compressor doesn't run when the pressure gets below a certain point (which is to protect the compressor)

Curious to see how it plays out. Thanks for keeping us updated. Your starting issue was an interesting one.
I do hope this is the case. I'd love for this to completely fix my A/C issue without this dealership (whom can't even tell my light issue is losing voltage before the tail light harness) removing my entire dash. That's just asking for trouble/rattles in the future..

I'm not going to hold my breath though, because the way my luck is, if it can go wrong, it will. My name may as well have been Murphy. Dealership is going to take another look at the tail light issue when I drop it off to have the compressor replaced, so hopefully sometime next week and I'll have another update!

OP
OP
KA06GT

KA06GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
Well it's been a couple of months now so I wanted to give an update.

My battery was going bad all of a sudden, so Ford replaced that. Oddly enough, not a single turn signal issue since they replaced the battery 3 weeks ago, so maybe that service bulletin mention early in the thread about the "issue occurs when starting with low voltage" was correct. My dealer checked with Ford HQ and couldn't find any information about flashing the BCMB with an update, so maybe when that turn signal issue happens it's an early indicator of a dying battery.

The parts arrived today to finally install a new A/C Compressor, so maybe after 3 months now that can be installed and we'll see what happens. I'm still considering the extended warranty due to the leaking evap core issue.

Something I haven't mentioned in this thread before is that I noticed some rust bubbling under the paint on the leading edge of my hood. My 2011 5.0L did the same thing except up near the windshield, so believe it or not Ford approved to replace the entire hood, so I am dropping the car off tomorrow morning to get a new hood painted on site at their collision center to match, and then over to the service department for the A/C compressor install. They are giving me a rental, so hope to have the car back by the weekend if all goes well, because I have some new Nitto NT555 G2's to get mounted and balanced next week!

Sponsored
OP
OP
KA06GT

KA06GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
Just another update.

My A/C has been holding up fine since the compressor install. I use it every chance I can to see if it's going to fail or not since my warranty runs out next month.

Ford's paint job on my hood turned out great except for what looks to be a piece of dust/debris that landed on it. I'll deal with it because it's so much better than all my previous rock chips and those rust bubbles.

Not one single turn signal issue since the battery replacement.

I hit 19K miles this morning because I've been doing about 1K+ miles a month and loving every second of it. Dropped the car off for an oil change and some new windshield wiper blades earlier, and can't for the drive home (with A/C of course! :D)

I'm having a slight hiccup with my backup camera that I don't believe I've ever mentioned (due to it being much smaller of an issue than the reasons I started this thread) where when I shift into reverse for the first time after starting the car each time, when I shift out of reverse the screen goes to half of the phone menu instead of back to the main home screen. Then I have to go to the Sirus menu or some other menu and then I can finally go back to the home screen. Ford said it never happened while they had it for the oil change, which is always my luck. They said to drop it off over night before my warranty is out and they'll do their best to figure it out.

Looks like it's almost time to close this thread! (Hopefully for good!)

RalfTech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralf
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium 2015
I started having tail light issue once I installed DD rgbwa drl boards and mp concepts 4th brake light in the back. However, I soldered all the wiring and its perfect. Everything worked amazingly for 2 weeks until recently one of my tail lights started going crazy... Anyone in Illinois could help me update the BCMB module? I can’t afford to pay a dealer $160 for this. Golf Mill Ford said its not a safety issue and wants $150 + tax for this. Someone please help me out. In exchange I can do some cool mods with Forscan.
18408C55-ABC4-48B8-934F-45E36C37DCE6.jpeg
Sponsored